New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder

i said this after day 2 of the draft, the pats are going to use the picks bb wheeled and dealed for in the 2012 draft to get one of the 2 elite lb/olb players in the league, lamar woodley or tamba hali, i think he prefers players in that position to be prooven in the league rather than drafting a college prospect (watt,jordan,quinn etc) bb knows they need a rush cmon guys who are you kidding. when they use the picks on hali or woodley everybody here hating on this draft will feel dumb and he will proove why he is the best coach in the league once again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I say 28, which is the same spot we traded.  It would take monumental underachieving for this to be anywhere in the top half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Bags are about to return to New Orleans, top 10 baby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In Response to Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder:
    In Response to Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder : Absoloutley.  I hate to say it, but 2 years ago these guys made a run at perfection.  The following year they became one dimensional after their RB's starting getting hurt.  This year they have the potential to be running Reggie bush, Pierre THomas, and Mark Ingram.  Then you still have Drew brees and the 3-4 very dangerous WR's that team has.  25-32 is my guess.
    Posted by Ender587

Anything can happen.  I never thought the Raiders would make it out of the top ten.  I really thought the Saints would repeat as champions last year.  They are a very good football team, but strange things can happen.  Hopefully they'll give us a top 20 selection.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

It only takes one injury to Drew Brees to make the pick worth gold. We all know what happens when that happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder : I think the Saints will just miss the playoffs because of tie breakers as I'm seeing a lot more parity in the NFC.  If you recall, the Saints needed help this past season as a wild card team.  I think their record may be either 10-6 or 11-5, but the'll probably still end up on the outside looking in.  Therefore I'll predict that their 1st rounder is the 22nd pick. 
    Posted by angel3781

angel pick #22 means that they made the playoffs so you can't say that they will just miss the playoffs and then say their pick is going to be in the playoff teams picks. Picks 1-20 are non-playoff and picks 21-32 are playoff

BTW there's only been 2 teams with 11-5 records who have never made the playoffs so if they have a 10-6 or 11-5 team then odds are they are making the playoffs again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I'm basing my prediction of the Saints being either 10-6 or 11-5 and still missing the playoffs due to the fact that teams like Seattle and Arizona because of their weak division has made the playoffs over teams with more wins.  Furthermore teams like Dallas and Minnesotta wont be bad teams like year (both were abberations, I think both will contend for the playoffs).

The Saints will have their hands full trying to beat out either Atlanta or Tampa Bay for the division title.  Then factor in other tough matchups in Green Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis, and potentially Detroit (who I think are getting really good in a hurry) provided that Stafford can stay healthy this season, and the Saints could very easily finish with the kind of record that I predicted above.

Again, unless they win their division outright which is NOT a given at this point, then I'm wondering if a record of 10-6 or 11-5 nets them a wild card spot over teams like the Vikings, Giants or Cowboys.  Maybe my math was off previously by projecting their pick at #22, but I'm sticking with my original prediction of the Saints missing the playoffs because I having them losing via tie breakers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I'm not sure if this trade is genius.  All we earned was a 2nd rounder.  People are very excited that we picked up a first rounder, but we also lost a 1st rounder.  So I'm not sure what the big deal is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I'm not sure if this trade is genius.  All we earned was a 2nd rounder.  People are very excited that we picked up a first rounder, but we also lost a 1st rounder.  So I'm not sure what the big deal is.  
    Posted by Army2LT

All we earned was a free second? Are you kidding? Second round picks are like gold, that's were the value picks come in. Alot of teams would be happy for at least one free high pick, we've been picking up free picks every year. Heck, we've come out of this with a new first and second round pick for next year. I'm happy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Saints reflect the Pats in many ways.  The top thing is no pass rush and they didn't get it in the draft like many think.   This was not a good drafting class.
    The Saints have a tough schedule and will have to win it with the offense.  That offense is real good so they can win most of their games.  If the offense doesn't show up though it's going to be a long day.  The Pats should improve on the #28 spot that they traded in hopfully a better draft class.  That's the gamble. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

two relatively late firsts next year. at the end of the day it doesnt matter though... BB will take the guys he wants. and he will move up/down accordingly. no sense in trying to project.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My power ranking numbers say #20.  New Orleans failed against Seattle, not because Seattle is any good (They stank to high heaven for most of last season!) but because N.O. had its own issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

They play in a good division and their opponents are getting better. A lot will depend on a key group of players. THeir OL has to pick it up. Either Ingram has to be the real deal (he might be but he has to do it) or Thomas has to return to form.

Wondering if their D will handle the pass well this year.

Bottom line is they should be expected to make the playoffs and so the pick should be in the bottom 8 or so but in this league a team can falter quickly.

Sections
Shortcuts