New Patriots ticket prices announced--with prices varying by game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

New Patriots ticket prices announced--with prices varying by game

Interesting news from the Pats.  Preseason games now cost less, but to make up for the lower cost of those preseason tickets, some games each season will have higher prices.  For most seats, the total price for the whole season will remain the same, but different games will cost different amounts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: New Patriots ticket prices announced--with prices varying by game

One of my Sons has 4 season tickets. Don't know whether they're Lower level sideline or midfield, unless the 30 YL is midfield. I did'nt ask the cost but I heard him say over $7K for 4. He writes them off.

I had 4, pre-Kraft days, upper mid-level 20YL. Problem was that there was a guy directly in front of me who had a habit of standing up at the snap, every snap. I tapped him a few times about it but to no avail. We went to the very first game at Shaeffer -71 I think- a pre-season with the Giants, took us 3 hours just to get out of the parking lot, you were on your own. Back then I enjoyed the live atmosphere of a game, even though the many losses, I wanted to support them.  I go to 2/3 games per yr.The beauty is that I can say that I've seen many HOF players from other Teams, as well.

Keep up your good work here, enjoy you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Does anyone know what will be considered a Marquee game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of my Sons has 4 season tickets. Don't know whether they're Lower level sideline or midfield, unless the 30 YL is midfield. I did'nt ask the cost but I heard him say over $7K for 4. He writes them off.

I had 4, pre-Kraft days, upper mid-level 20YL. Problem was that there was a guy directly in front of me who had a habit of standing up at the snap, every snap. I tapped him a few times about it but to no avail. We went to the very first game at Shaeffer -71 I think- a pre-season with the Giants, took us 3 hours just to get out of the parking lot, you were on your own. Back then I enjoyed the live atmosphere of a game, even though the many losses, I wanted to support them.  I go to 2/3 games per yr.The beauty is that I can say that I've seen many HOF players from other Teams, as well.

Keep up your good work here, enjoy you.

[/QUOTE]

I had one of those in front of me at the Colts game.  The standing up thing can be problematic.  Part of me likes to see fans with such enthusiasm, but at the same time I really don't want to have to stand up the entire game. 

The worst are the guys like you describe.  The ones that sit down but keep jumping up right as the play starts.  By the time you react and stand yourself you've missed the play.  If you're going to stand up, just stand up all the time.  Us old guys don't have the knees or the quick reflexes to keep jumping up like that!Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone know what will be considered a Marquee game?

[/QUOTE]

They haven't announced all the marquee games yet.  There will be four of those and four of the premier games.  Apparently, though, the Broncos game next year will be a Marquee.  They'll pick the four that they think will have the greatest demand. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Interesting the way they have framed this. Nothing has changed for me in the Mezzanine level corner. They are charging me $57 dollars for a preseason game but yet my total is staying the same. I guess that is good news as I haven't had an increase in quite some time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had season tickets for a few years, the problem I found was that it just took the entire day to experience a game - and that was good at first, but after a while I just didn't have time for it. I had some fun there though...crazy tailgating stuff...I once saw a football go through a guy's winshield, I saw a porter potty get tipped over with a guy in it, there was two brothers who sat behind me...every game started out fine with them until they got drunk - then they would just get scary nasty - they finally got carried out by the police and I never saw them again.

One good thing was that I never had to worry about NOT being able to sell my seats if I didn't want to go that weekend...they sold easily. Preseason games sucked - you had to buy them - I took my girlfriend at the time once...she got heat stroke half way through the game and we had to leave...I grabbed my grill and attempted to put it away thinking it would be cooled off by then...it wasn't. Not fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

IMO I dont like what thier doing with ticket prices.If your a season ticket holder it comes out the same ,but if your not youmight not beable to afford a good match up game.I know the red sox are doing the samething but its not right in my eyes.Wheres Kraft who use to say its about the fans?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting the way they have framed this. Nothing has changed for me in the Mezzanine level corner. They are charging me $57 dollars for a preseason game but yet my total is staying the same. I guess that is good news as I haven't had an increase in quite some time.

[/QUOTE]

For me it actually helps because I can't go to all the games, so I sell some of my tickets.  The problem has been that I can't sell the preason games so I just eat those ($800!).  Now I'll only be eating $400.  If I sell some of the marquee games and go to the premier ones instead, I'll spend a lot less each year. 

If I were still living in Massachusetts and going to all the games, though, it wouldn't make any difference. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Hear ya with the pricing. I am a die hard Pats fan from Tennessee. I make about 2 games a year that costs me about $1000 a weekend after the plane tickets and expenses. I did sell my 2 preason games last year for $400.Lost $320 of face value. Now this year I guess there will be some stragety to selling the tickets based on the games. Lets see how many teams follow The Pats. If they would go get a receiver or 2 this year life would be good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I gave up my tix for 2 reasons  first is price went from 89 to 117 a game, meaning it became a 400 Sunday between me and Dad for the tix, 50 parking, full tank of gas, food for the grill and a few beers. Second reason was Pats success - originally all Pats games were at 1pm, after SB win in 2001, only 1 game was at 1, all the rest were 4:30, or Sunday and Monday nighters. Tough when working the next day...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

I gave up my tix for 2 reasons  first is price went from 89 to 117 a game, meaning it became a 400 Sunday between me and Dad for the tix, 50 parking, full tank of gas, food for the grill and a few beers. Second reason was Pats success - originally all Pats games were at 1pm, after SB win in 2001, only 1 game was at 1, all the rest were 4:30, or Sunday and Monday nighters. Tough when working the next day...

I didn't mind the 4:30 games when I lived in Massachusetts, but the night games are terrible if you have to work.  (I end up taking the next day off work.)  Now that I live out of town, the 1 pm games are the best.  I can take a morning flight to Boston, get to the game, and get on an evening flight back to Toronto. No overnight stay.  It's great. 

I do like 4:30 for TV watching, because it leaves the earlier afternoon open if I want to do something other than watch football. 

Sections
Shortcuts