New Pats Fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

New Pats Fan

hey yall new pats fan here.  just wanted to start by asking how exactly yall did spygate and I figured this the best place to find out.  how exactly did spygate work? the qb relay shuts off 15 seconds before the play clock runs out. and it is monitored by the nfl. so brady must have had a second signal which continued to run in his ear up to the snap to relay thatstolen Iinfo. who relayed it to him and how did they get that second signal in there? thanks yall.  good to be on board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: New Pats Fan

old jets troll

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, really, really subtle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to DrDribbleDits' comment:
    [QUOTE]

hey yall new pats fan here.  just wanted to start by asking how exactly yall did spygate and I figured this the best place to find out.  how exactly did spygate work? the qb relay shuts off 15 seconds before the play clock runs out. and it is monitored by the nfl. so brady must have had a second signal which continued to run in his ear up to the snap to relay thatstolen Iinfo. who relayed it to him and how did they get that second signal in there? thanks yall.  good to be on board.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, you really want to know how spygate worked?  Well here it is.

First the Pats let Lawyer Milloy go . Then Tom Jackson declares the Pats Hate BB. BB then refuses to let ESPN have access. Then ESPN makes up a story about the Pats cheating trying to get BB fired and get access to the Pats again. Then the Comish goes on TV to declare the Pats didn't cheat. ESPN continues to say the Pats were cheating working on the principle that if you lie often enough it becomes fact.

That is how spygate really worked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First the Pats let Lawyer Milloy go . Then Tom Jackson declares the Pats Hate BB. BB then refuses to let ESPN have access. Then ESPN makes up a story about the Pats cheating trying to get BB fired and get access to the Pats again. Then the Comish goes on TV to declare the Pats didn't cheat. ESPN continues to say the Pats were cheating working on the principle that if you lie often enough it becomes fact.

[/QUOTE]

ok.  so what on earth prompted BB to admit that he made a mistake in the interview on cbs?  he said he "misinterpreted the rule"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ok.  so what on earth prompted BB to admit that he made a mistake in the interview on cbs?  he said he "misinterpreted the rule"

[/QUOTE]

Because he was fined for insubordination, not cheating! Matter of fact it didn't become a real rule till a couple of years later. till then it was just a "memo".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Patriot Land! Now let's say everything you think about the Patriots is true - and many coaches have gone on record saying what we "did" is something everyone does - that means that just like everything else, we did it better than anyone. Get used to it...we do things better here than anywhere.

So what team are you coming from? Tired of all the losing I'm sure. Relax, you won't have to worry about any of that here. We win almost every single week...been doing that for fourteen years...must be a lot different than what you are used to. Give me your address, I'll mail you a "New Patriot Fan Pin". You can use it to replace your "MY Team Always Loses On Sunday", pin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to DrDribbleDits's comment:

Yall? Falcons' fan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

the truth is I am not a new fan.  I grew up in belmont.  I just want to know how the actual  process worked.  in fact the more I think about it and analyze it seems the whole thing would be almost impossible to decipher and deliver that info in the brief few pre snap seconds available given all the moving parts it seems tye potential for backfire would be greater than any advantage.  so I always come back to the same question.  why on earth would bb emtertain this crap, especially after being warned repeatedly to stop.  so much of our legacy fouled up for no good reason.  thats what gets me upset about him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Really?  It has come to this type of trolling?

What a weak troll job.  So much info out on the net and to pull this type of thread just causes problems for the other trolls who want to come here and do their little troll jobs while also trying to "fit in".  For the sake of the trolls who do get along with others here, you might want to abandon this thread and troll approach.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

the truth is I am not a new fan.  I grew up in belmont.  I just want to know how the actual  process worked.  in fact the more I think about it and analyze it seems the whole thing would be almost impossible to decipher and deliver that info in the brief few pre snap seconds available given all the moving parts it seems tye potential for backfire would be greater than any advantage.  so I always come back to the same question.  why on earth would bb emtertain this crap, especially after being warned repeatedly to stop.  so much of our legacy fouled up for no good reason.  thats what gets me upset about him.

[/QUOTE]

Here is the thing on spygate...

If you are a Pats fan there is a ton of info out there that will support the fact that this stuff has been going on forever, that Mangini was busted for taping the Pats as a head coach of the Jets, that Goodell knows the NFL does better when more teams have chances to win it all and the Pats were so dominating that he was looking to even the playing field by taking away draft picks.  If the Pats made the playoffs the NFL took away their #1 draft pick, if they didn't make the playoffs they would take away a 2nd and 3rd draft pick.  See whit I mean... wanting to level the playing field.  Why did it matter where they finished????

If you aren't a Pats fan then you turn a blind eye that other teams were doing it, that taping has been in effect forever and only want to believe that BB broke rules.  My understanding is that a memo was sent out concerning where taping could be done but not what type of taping could be done and that changes to the actual rules were never made.  Anyway Jay Glaze still has some of these "spygate" tapes in his possession and he admits that they are mostly of cheerleaders butts, lmao!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are a Pats fan there is a ton of info out there that will support the fact that this stuff has been going on forever, that Mangini was busted for taping the Pats as a head coach of the Jets, that Goodell knows the NFL does better when more teams have chances to win it all and the Pats were so dominating that he was looking to even the playing field by taking away draft picks.  If the Pats made the playoffs the NFL took away their #1 draft pick, if they didn't make the playoffs they would take away a 2nd and 3rd draft pick.  See whit I mean... wanting to level the playing field.  Why did it matter where they finished????

If you aren't a Pats fan then you turn a blind eye that other teams were doing it, that taping has been in effect forever and only want to believe that BB broke rules.  My understanding is that a memo was sent out concerning where taping could be done but not what type of taping could be done and that changes to the actual rules were never made.  Anyway Jay Glaze still has some of these "spygate" tapes in his possession and he admits that they are mostly of cheerleaders butts, lmao!!

[/QUOTE]

+10000 Owned him. I should copy and paste this to anyone who continues to dispute 'spygate'. Very well said. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrDribbleDits's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yall? Falcons' fan?

[/QUOTE]

Sheep fan...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Butchise is back.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

+10000 Owned him. I should copy and paste this to anyone who continues to dispute 'spygate'. Very well said. 

Thanks, Joe. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

perhaps thats all true.  still, I just cant fathom how suzch a complex matrix of information could be communicated and audiblized in such a short time.  it would seem like a waste of time.  which I believe jimmy johnson is on rexord as sauing thats why he stopped doing it soon after trying it in dallas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

perhaps thats all true.  still, I just cant fathom how suzch a complex matrix of information could be communicated and audiblized in such a short time.  it would seem like a waste of time.  which I believe jimmy johnson is on rexord as sauing thats why he stopped doing it soon after trying it in dallas.

[/QUOTE]

This stuff could go on and on.. just look at the names here and what they have done over time in the NFL......

Electronic and other kinds of subterfuge likewise have a long NFL history. The NFC Championship trophy is named after George Halas. For 63 years, Halas owned the Chicago Bears. For 40 of those years, he coached them, winning 324 games (still the second most in NFL history) and six NFL Championships.

During his ownership, the team won a total of eight NFL titles. An innovator who pioneered the use of game film, Halas also had a reputation for espionage. Rivals and reporters claimed that he bugged locker rooms, coaches’ boxes, and teams’ phone systems. They said he had spies watch practices.

In fact, Fido Murphy, a Bears’ scout who also worked for the Steelers, once admitted to having a kid watch a Rams’ practice. The kid hid under the scoreboard, studying the defense. Murphy passed the information to Bears’ coaches and advised them on countering the defense.

After George Allen, a Halas assistant and father of former Senator George Allen, left Halas’s staff, he gained a reputation for “paranoia” about other teams spying, especially Halas’s Bears. Allen worried about electronic bugs in offices and locker rooms and about spies watching practices.

He even hired a detective, Ed Boyton, for counter-surveillance. The NFL now bans many surveillance methods like bugging field phones.

It’s not known when someone first filmed coaching signals. It goes back at least to 1990 when Marty Schottenheimer coached Kansas City. Both on a Fox pregame show and on WFAN, a New York radio station, Jimmy Johnson, who coached the Dallas Cowboys to two Super Bowl Championships, said he also had staffers tape opposing coaches.

Johnson said teams could tape signals from the press box, but sometimes the press box was on the wrong side of the field. In that case, the cameraman filmed from the sidelines. Johnson, who also had interns search other teams’ trash for discarded notes and game plans, said taping coaches wasn’t worth the effort and abandoned it.

Johnson learned the procedure in 1990 from Mark Hatley, a Kansas Cityscout, who taught him how Marty Schottenheimer’s Chiefs did it. Johnson praised one Schottenheimer assistant, Howard Mudd, as “the best in the entire league at stealing signals.” During much of the current decade, including their Super Bowl year, Mudd worked for the Indianapolis Colts.

One of Belichick’s fiercest Spygate critics and Mudd’s boss from 2002-2008 with the Colts, Tony Dungy, also served on Schottenheimer’s Kansas City staff. Other notable Schottenheimer assistants in Kansas City include Herm Edwards, who later served as the Jets' head coach before returning to the Chiefs in that capacity.

Edwards was so familiar with taping tactics that he waved to the Patriots' camera recording him. Long time Steelers' coach Bill Cowher also worked for Schottenheimer in Kansas City. During his career,Schottenheimer also coached the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, and San Diego Chargers.

During Schottenheimer’s first few seasons in Kansas City, offenses still used hand signals too, meaning his defense also benefited from deciphering signals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And for the videotaping "Rules"  I mean memo....

The media reports as if filming opposing coaches is a violation of NFL rules. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell shares this belief and apparently based his punishment on it.

A September 6, 2006 memo from Ray Anderson, the NFL head of game operations, adds to this. However, the rules don’t support this belief. Anderson’s memo reads, “Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”

Unfortunately, the memo misquotes the rules, and Anderson can’t change the rules. Rule changes must be proposed to and voted on by the teams. The NFL cited the misquoted rules against the Patriots from pages A105-A106 of the league’s Policy Manual for Member Clubs Volume II: Game Operations 2007 edition.

Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations, Section A. reads, “No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.”

The league also cited a portion of section D against the Patriots. Section D reads, “To ensure the protection of equipment and employees of the teams’ video departments, please follow the guidelines listed for the video shooting booths at your stadium.”

The league quoted the first guideline against the Patriots, “All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.” The rules never prohibit filming coaches. The sections used against the Patriots only concern camera locations.

Anderson’s memo adds an emphasis on signals, which isn’t in the rules. Also, Anderson says that videotaping is prohibited from “any other locations accessible to club staff members.”

This isn’t in the rules either.

The rule mentions only three spots where teams can’t use video equipment during games—the coaches’ booth, the locker room, and the field. No rule bars teams from recording signals as long as they locate their cameras properly.

Despite this, Goodell and especially the media continue to portray signal taping as the problem when the only real issue is camera location.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

very thorough.  it goes to show how easily media can manipulate public perception.  facts are almost irrelevant.  create an enemy for the masses to destroy and they will most often run like buffalo over a cliff to quench their thirst for destruction and self rightiousness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

however, as yet, not one person has attempted to answer my origional question of this thread. . .exactly how did the actual taping of signals info get utilized on the field.  no one, not even the big bad media has even followed this question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

however, as yet, not one person has attempted to answer my origional question of this thread. . .exactly how did the actual taping of signals info get utilized on the field.  no one, not even the big bad media has even followed this question.

[/QUOTE]

It didn't, the season after "spy-gate" the Patriots went on a 21 game winning streak.  This was about the Patriots possessing two number 1 picks a year removed from winning a Super Bowl.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Belichick said they weren't used on the field.  According to Belichick, they were analyzed after the game to help get a better sense of how the opposing team's coaches were calling games.  The tapes went into Belichick's archives of data that he uses when he develops his game plans.  He was trying to understand opposing coaches' tendencies so he would have an advantage when he faced them next. 

Belichick's whole "misunderstanding" as he explained it was that taping from the sideline was only illegal if the tapes were used in game.  He thought it was fine to tape from the sideline for future analysis.  

Those who felt Belichick was lying assumed he had someone review the tapes at halftime so Brady and the coaches knew the signals in the second half.  I, of course, can't tell you how Belichick actually used the tapes. But his claim was he didn't use them in-game.  If he did use them in-game, the most plausible explanation is that they were analyzed by coaches during the game or at halftime and would have been shared with Brady once the coaches had identified tendencies. They wouldn't be calling anything in to Brady before a play--that wouldn't be practical.  But they could brief Brady ahead of a series on what a particular call meant so he could identify what was happening himself while he was at the line of scrimmage. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hi there Leon and you are surprisingly lucid!  ...and I know you'll deny it!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

So much derp in this posted thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Precisely!  That whole notion ranks up there with the old "faked moon landing" theory.