new running back near the top!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

new running back near the top!!

Gerhart, the 6-foot-1, 231-pound Heisman runner-up, gained 1,871 yards as a junior.Hi everyone.This is the best time of year.2 playoff teams.red sox early drama,As always,no idea witch way bill is going.I know we need 2 linebackers.Can we trade for them(bait is Thomas and Maroney and draft picks.I watched video of a couple of top backs(6).This guy is the man.Where do you think he will wind up?Why not the pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Re: new running back near the top!!

I would rather take Montario Hardesty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Well Gerhart isnt new to anyone who has watched college football the past couple years. He was a very good college player and IMHO I think his game translates into a pretty good NFL RB. I have him being the 4th/5th best RB in the draft. Gerhart will probably go mid-late second or early third. Theres not much he does wrong , he has power , vision , patience , blocks well and is explosive. Not the fastest guy , but Id rather be explosive than fast and Id rather my RB to carry the same trait. For the first time in a long time there is more of a demand than there is supply at the RB position. This is why guys like Gerhart and Hardesty wont last beyond the 4th round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

The thing I like about Gerhart is he is really decisive hitting the hole, gives max effort and is tough also seems like he has the make up for good locker room guy.  I agree though he's not fast sexy pic, but in the 5 years maroney was here it was in the 2nd half of 07 where he shined the most it was usually later in the game when were up and we went big 2 wr sets and try to run the ball down the other teams throats.  Anyway my point is I don't think we need adrain peterson to win a SB, don't get me wrong love to have him just saying I don't think we need a superstar running back, even corey dillion was a little older when he played here,  he was still really tough but lost a little of his break away speed.  What we need to compliment our aerial attack, that's assuming TB comes back to his pre injury form and our o line is healthy and we have a decent wide out opposite moss, is a guy like Gerhart.   Ryan Matthews would be great but we have greater needs to fill.  If we can get Gerhart with our last 2nd rd pick that would be perfect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I'd take Anthony Dixon over Gerhart now. I love Toby but, watching Dixon, man this guy is a load!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

gerhert(sp) or blount from oregon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i agree with Mr. Bungle
    Anthony Dixon is an absolute machine
    hes can catch the ball out of the Backfield and he has great power and a great deal of speed
    i think he would be available in the late second to 4th round

but i think Jahvid Best would be a great Patriot, i think we take him with one of out seconds

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

i think we should save any 2nd round pick this year a hit other pressing needs. Save the RB pick for next yr with the raiders #1pick we have and hopefully have that chance and take ingram from bama. BEAST

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia3_6R__90A&feature=related

Oh, there are plenty of videos on him but, this guy just impresses me big time. 240lbs that can not only bull his way through tacklers but, HURDLE them too. If he slides to 4th round we'd be insane to pass him up. I've a feeling he could turn out to be the most productive RB in this years draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: new running back near the top!!:
    I have him being the 4th/5th best RB in the draft. Posted by ONE-TIME

nfl scouts think he's about the 8th best back

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-round-input:1/dt-by-position-input:rb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

if you've been here long enough, rb preference is all over the place. i think we can split hairs here about who's the better rb. i think we can split hairs here about who's the better rb. i think what that tells me is that there are many capable rbs in this draft. c'mon, between hardesty, dixon, blount even gerhart, how much better is one over another (spiller will be gone)?

ne will get an rb in the draft, probably earlier than a wr (i believe the wr position is deeper). let's just hope that ne has an able enough ol to help that rb succeed.

Sections
Shortcuts