New running back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

New running back

George Winn -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

4.75 at the combine . .  . 22 reps with the weight and 9-11 in standing long jump

and the guy can take a hit after his QB sets him up . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLoDlFCzl4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: New running back

I'm disappointed! 

Apparently there were no Rutgers RB's available?

This guy is a real longshot to make the team so it's just filler for right now.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm disappointed! 

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

TB12 every first year player on the present roster is a real long shot to make this team. Maybe they brought him in to motivate Blount to run faster! Although his stats from he lone year as a starting RB with the bearcats of Cincy were pretty impressive: 200+ carries for 1300+ yards and 12 TD's rushing and another 15 catches with an additional 250 yards and a TD are pretty good numbers in any Division of college ball. The Big East isn't the worst conference in the landscape of college football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Might...could get interesting.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/new_england_patriots_sign_mel_kipers_steal_of_the_draft_george_winn/13856462

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm disappointed! 

Photobucket

TB12 every first year player on the present roster is a real long shot to make this team. Maybe they brought him in to motivate Blount to run faster! Although his stats from he lone year as a starting RB with the bearcats of Cincy were pretty impressive: 200+ carries for 1300+ yards and 12 TD's rushing and another 15 catches with an additional 250 yards and a TD are pretty good numbers in any Division of college ball. The Big East isn't the worst conference in the landscape of college football.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I get that, but the Pats still have some cap money left, a couple of open spots, go out and get someone who has a good shot to make the team and help the team, not someone who is a long shot in a position that is stacked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not sure the RB position is so stacked. I am not sure how the Pats view Bolden, and Blount had burned his bridges in TB. Until we see Washington line up at RB, I still believe he gets less than 5% of the available RB snaps...

No one is saying Winn is a lock (except maybe Kiper) but he is legitimate, not simply camp legs...can he play ST's? Can he pick up the blitz? Does he have good hands? Lets find out in camp...Winn could surprise. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am not sure the RB position is so stacked. I am not sure how the Pats view Bolden, and Blount had burned his bridges in TB. Until we see Washington line up at RB, I still believe he gets less than 5% of the available RB snaps...

No one is saying Winn is a lock (except maybe Kiper) but he is legitimate, not simply camp legs...can he play ST's? Can he pick up the blitz? Does he have good hands? Lets find out in camp...Winn could surprise. 

Bolden will make the team, imo.  Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington.    Pretty crowded there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and try to sound like I've see this guy play much, but in the few film clips I did see he looked very quick for his size and showed good power/burst near the line of scrimage.  I also read a draft bio that claimed he was very good at picking up the blitz.  Of course he is no lock, but I wouldn't simply discard him because he was signed late either.  Could be a practice squad guy, at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

most likely you are correct. but Winn is legitimate competition...we shall see

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I see him starting the season on the PS . .  . Vereen, Bolten and Washington seem to get hurt a lot, I'd be willing to bet one of those three is hurt by the post-season.  I think only Ridley is a LOCK to make this team and all the others will battle it out for a position and playing time . . . Blount has to prove he can block and catch short passes to have a shot on making it.   If any of them can contribute on STs they they have a huge advantage.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Up until 15 minutes ago I hadn't watched any film on his running style. So let me use my disclaimer: I'm not a talent scout for the NE Patriots nor have I played one in the movies, but this kid has more than just a quick burst! From the film I watched he got throught the hole faster than anyone presently running the ball in a Patriots uniform! He ran with balance and power after the first wave, and he finishes in the redzone! All I can say is sign him up! Oh never mind they already have....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Up until 15 minutes ago I hadn't watched any film on his running style. So let me use my disclaimer: I'm not a talent scout for the NE Patriots nor have I played one in the movies, but this kid has more than just a quick burst! From the film I watched he got throught the hole faster than anyone presently running the ball in a Patriots uniform! He ran with balance and power after the first wave, and he finishes in the redzone! All I can say is sign him up! Oh never mind they already have....

I agree . . . he certainly is not the 2nd coming of Lawrence Maroney!

Sections
Shortcuts