New sod at Soldier Field for this week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

New sod at Soldier Field for this week.

Was this done out of necesscity, or to reduce the abilty of Branch, Welker, Woodhead and Hernandez to cut, and maybe get them injured? What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: New sod at Soldier Field for this week.

Very Belichickean of the Bears, wouldn't you say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Nice to see you Bears fans here for some pre game banter. You say that in 40 MPH winds Brady won't be able to throw the ball, well what about Cutler? He didn't look that good to me against Detroit. I've been to trade shows at Mc Cormick place and lived in NE. It gets pretty cold in NE don't kid yourself. Its not too far from the ocean. Trust me that raw cold chills you to the bone. Ask Snachez.
    Your going to have to run the ball and we're getting pretty good at taking that away. I don't worry about the field cause it will be frozen solid by Sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Don't see the weather or the field affecting the Pats much. They aren't a fast team, and they aren't a vertical passing team. Most of their passes last week were around the 10 yard range with the receiver getting lots of YAC. Wind isn't going to affect those passes. Plus cold, snow, rain, ice, wind, bad field nothing new to the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: New sod at Soldier Field for this week.:
    Keep talking the smack.  You saw what it did for Rex Ryan and company Monday night! FWIW, Soldier Field doesn't really have "turf".  It's painted dirt with maybe a few sprouts of remaining grass popping up here and there. We haven't had anything nice and "pretty" since the mid '80's Bears and their Astroturf.  But painted dirt in 0* temps, doesn't feel good when your faces, knees, and other parts are getting smashed into it.  It feels like concrete!  Ask Brett Farve!  He's eaten plenty of our painted dirt, in December, in our den over the past few seasons.  Let's not forget the predicted 40 - 45 mph gusting northerly winds off of Lake Michigan!  That'll keep Brady out of the air, and relying on good old fashioned "smashmouth" running game football.  Playing in such harsh conditions is something we're accustomed to, and truthfully, love!  It's refered to as "Bear weather!"  How about You guys?  Soldier Field is our den of pain for opponents.  Cold December games are EXACTLY what WE want! So I wouldn't go beating your chests just yet.
    Posted by CMNT

Is that why the Bears are 4-2 at home this year?  of course Chicago weather is so much more ontense than NE weather this time of the year.  Brady can play in any type of weather.  hang onto your forecast; it the only thing you have going for you.  and of course the pats never played smashmouth football this year in those fairies Ravens and Steelers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Keep talking the smack.  You saw what it did for Rex Ryan and company Monday night! FWIW, Soldier Field doesn't really have "turf".  It's painted dirt with maybe a few sprouts of remaining grass popping up here and there. We haven't had anything nice and "pretty" since the mid '80's Bears and their Astroturf.  But painted dirt in 0* temps, doesn't feel good when your faces, knees, and other parts are getting smashed into it.  It feels like concrete!  Ask Brett Farve!  He's eaten plenty of our painted dirt, in December, in our den over the past few seasons.  Let's not forget the predicted 40 - 45 mph gusting northerly winds off of Lake Michigan!  That'll keep Brady out of the air, and relying on good old fashioned "smashmouth" running game football.  Playing in such harsh conditions is something we're accustomed to, and truthfully, love!  It's refered to as "Bear weather!"  How about You guys?  Soldier Field is our den of pain for opponents.  Cold December games are EXACTLY what WE want! So I wouldn't go beating your chests just yet.
    Posted by CMNT

Good God almighty, another Fat Rex wannabe, two in a row is more than we can stand.

By the way, you coming back mon.?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Remember we have added incentive, we win and we're in the playoffs mathmetically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

CMNT, I went to the 2nd coldest game in Packer history at the time.  It was a Sunday night game around this date (actually I think on this date) in 2002.  They played the Vikings.  It was 2 degrees.  To me it felt like 20 degrees.  I think that cold in the midwest is some kind of a myth.  The Patriots have played in far colder weather.  The coldest game by far I've ever been to was Pats/Titans in Jan. 2003 and it was -22 and it felt it.  Brady and Branch played in that game, and they'll be there on Sunday.  I guess what I'm saying is, WEATHER WON'T AFFECT THE PATS!  I doubt Chicagoan's see worst weather than New Englander's.  I've even been to Minneapolis in January during a "cold snap".  It felt about as cold as Worcester, MA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Ur lacher can take a hike right into the face of the Patriots.

He is as arrogant as ryan and his clowns

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I bet Urlacher still has a score to settle with Brady after Brady juked him the last time we played. I don't forsee Brady running much lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to New sod at Soldier Field for this week.:
    Was this done out of necesscity, or to reduce the abilty of Branch, Welker, Woodhead and Hernandez to cut, and maybe get them injured? What do you guys think?
    Posted by erstwhilebuddha

What difference will it make? It will be frozen solid. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

There's not a field in the United States the Patriots can't stand toe to toe on with any team....neither soldier field or the Cutler led bears scare me....Peppers has never been a factor when the Patriots have gone up against him....I believe Bill will make it a point to show Peppers he made the wrong choice when picking a TEAM to make it to the BIG SHOW...the short week will help the Bears but not enough, Pats 31-20

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

I believe Bill will make it a point to show Peppers he made the wrong choice when picking a TEAM to make it to the BIG SHOW

Just as he did to Jason Taylor

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Brady versus any QB in the league is a mismatch...The worse the weather, the greater the mismatch.

Anyone who disagrees simply hasn't been paying attention. Brady might be the greatest QB to ever play by the time he retires(still hasn't passed Montana in my book), but he's already the greatest foul-weather QB to ever play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Loose sod (assuming it does not, as TexasPat mentioned, get frozen) will neutralize quickness for the speed receivers on both teams.

But, in passing situations, poor footing hurts the defensive line much more than it hurts the offensive line. Since Chicago's D is highly dependent on pressure from the guys up front, much moreso than the Patriots D, this advantage goes to the Pats.

The wildcard is the wind. If it's in the 20-25 MPH range, Brady can handle it, but no one can throw effectively in 40 MPH winds. Ultra high wind takes away the precision of New England's passing game, and makes it a ground contest...which the Pats can still win, but it will be a much closer game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New England puts up with lots of wind.  The world record sustained wind gust, 241 mph, was set on Mount Washington in New Hampshire.  The book and movie, "The Perfect Storm" was set off the New England coast.  There's easily 100 gigawatts of wind power offshore, if we could only get maintenance workers on and off the turbines safely in high seas.  Most of the local bloggers know where the nearest wind turbine is.  Finally, the stadium is open-ended which means the wind swirls like crazy, unlike, say, Giants-Jets stadium.  Familiarity with wind is no problem. 

Also, Buffalo is in the AFC East.  In the last game of 2008 Tom Brady was throwing in 50 mile an hour winds, 13-0 Patriots.  Brady specializes in short dink and dunk passes, usually rifled in at full power. 

We've seen a number of really snowy games.  Chunks of drifted snow that turn into powder when thrown straight up are New England's confetti. 

This last game on Monday had a wind chill in the teens counting the breeze.  The ground is frozen around here so happy landings!  I would expect about the same in Chicago on Sunday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

New England puts up with lots of wind.  The world record sustained wind gust, 241 mph, was set on Mount Washington in New Hampshire.  The book and movie, "The Perfect Storm" was set off the New England coast.  There's easily 100 gigawatts of wind power offshore, if we could only get maintenance workers on and off the turbines safely in high seas.  Most of the local bloggers know where the nearest wind turbine is.  Finally, the stadium is open-ended which means the wind swirls like crazy, unlike, say, Giants-Jets stadium.  Familiarity with wind is no problem.  Also, Buffalo is in the AFC East.  In the last game of 2008 Tom Brady was throwing in 50 mile an hour winds, 13-0 Patriots.  Brady specializes in short dink and dunk passes, usually rifled in at full power.  We've seen a number of really snowy games.  Chunks of drifted snow that turn into powder when thrown straight up are New England's confetti.  This last game on Monday had a wind chill in the teens counting the breeze.  The ground is frozen around here so happy landings!  I would expect about the same in Chicago on Sunday.
    Posted by Paul_K

I'm pretty sure it was Cassel, not Brady, playing in that game, and if my memory serves correct, neither team attempted a pass in the first quarter, and perhaps not even in the first half.

You cannot pass effectively in 40+ MPH winds, no matter who you are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

In Response to Re: New sod at Soldier Field for this week. : Conditions are not even similar coming off a great lake. They are brutally unforgiving and yes the Bears play there.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

Chicago being the "Windy City" is a myth.  The average wind speed in Chicago is 10.3 mph.  The average wind speed in Boston is 12.4 mph.  Maybe the north Atlantic Ocean has more impact than one of those Great Lakes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ya, it was new TWO weeks ago...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: New sod at Soldier Field for this week. : Chicago being the "Windy City" is a myth.  The average wind speed in Chicago is 10.3 mph.  The average wind speed in Boston is 12.4 mph.  Maybe the north Atlantic Ocean has more impact than one of those Great Lakes.
    Posted by jonbam

yes...that is true. you aready supplied the stats. it is not just the higher average. it also has to do with the peaks. i actually learned that in an econ course believe it or not. i think we were talking about the history of boston ad nyc economics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Nice to see you Bears fans here for some pre game banter. You say that in 40 MPH winds Brady won't be able to throw the ball, well what about Cutler? He didn't look that good to me against Detroit. I've been to trade shows at Mc Cormick place and lived in NE. It gets pretty cold in NE don't kid yourself. Its not too far from the ocean. Trust me that raw cold chills you to the bone. Ask Snachez. Your going to have to run the ball and we're getting pretty good at taking that away. I don't worry about the field cause it will be frozen solid by Sunday.
    Posted by Philskiw

Philskiw...    Over in Bears chat land, there are some fans who have posted they think they have the BETTER QB, the BETTER offense, the BETTER D and BETTER special teams this Sunday.  I guess they think the weather only affects the visiting team!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: New sod at Soldier Field for this week. : I'm pretty sure it was Cassel, not Brady, playing in that game, and if my memory serves correct, neither team attempted a pass in the first quarter, and perhaps not even in the first half. You cannot pass effectively in 40+ MPH winds, no matter who you are.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Oops, brain freeze. 

Eight pass attempts by Cassel, two in the first quarter per Wikipedia.  At least half the Patriots' team got to enjoy that particular high-wind experience.  Of course I was at home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Philskiw...    Over in Bears chat land, there are some fans who have posted they think they have the BETTER QB, the BETTER offense, the BETTER D and BETTER special teams this Sunday.  I guess they think the weather only affects the visiting team!

Well all teams have their homers. I'd call myself a Pats homer I just try not to spew the garbage thats personall attacks. I'm glad to see some of the other teams fans perspectives. I mean if there wern't any "trolls" here all we'd be doing is just telling each other how great we are. I'm a fan of football. It still pizzes me off when Belichick was the cleveland coach and he and Testaverde pulled one from their butts and beat the Pats in the playoffs. I was really glad when he became the HC here so we wouldnt have to play against him lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Check this out  http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2764975-419/bears-patriots-brady-won-defense.html Their calling for snowballs ! Thats kind of BS.

Sections
Shortcuts