New take on Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: New take on Tebow

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'll agree Luck has demonstrated he can throw the ball better than Tebow.....

To the other team.

What is shallow is the anal negative hype Tebow gets from self appointed experts and so called experts. Judge the man on what he has actually accomplished on the field, and he is FAR removed from the condemnation he garners.

Basically, we're talking mindless NFL drama queen BS when talking Tebow. But that's okay, since 75% of football talk around here is that anyway.

I could care less about Tebow's religious beliefs.  The fact remains that if you watched any of Indy's games last year Luck was asked to make lots of advanced intermediate and down the field throws as part of Arians' system.  On the Broncos they had to completely remake the entire offense to accommodate the fact that he couldn't throw the ball consistently.  In 8 of the games Tebow started they scored under 20 points yet they won 5 of them.  They won a game where he only completed 2 passes and 2 more games where he completed under 10.  That is not a recipe for sustainable success in the NFL.  If you put Tebow on the Colts (who didn't have a RB like McGahee) and an inferior defense they don't make the playoffs.  Luck was asked to do more than Tebow.  The Broncos tried to hide his deficiencies as a passer with a gimmick offense which the Patriots D exposed on National Television.  They are nowhere near comparable despite your attempts to do so with a few choice stats.

I didn't say anything about religion.

And Tebow's stats are comparable to Luck's across the board.

Denver went 1-4 with Orton and 7-4 with TT. What's the debate here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

That's per team. He just got here. I know the rule but always read that per team. He hasn't played 9 games here.

Here is more:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/27027/a-review-of-practice-squad-rules

Players must meet one of the following criteria while previously not being on a practice squad more than two seasons:

• No accrued seasons of NFL experience.
    • Free agents who were on an active roster for fewer than nine regular-season games during their accrued seasons.

Tebow is ineligible for the practice squad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The guy took a 2-14 team, and led them to an 11-5 record,

I think we all know the Colts took a dive with that record TP to get the top draft pick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to sheldong's comment:

That's per team. He just got here. I know the rule but always read that per team. He hasn't played 9 games here.

Here is more:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/27027/a-review-of-practice-squad-rules

Players must meet one of the following criteria while previously not being on a practice squad more than two seasons:

• Free agents who were on an active roster for fewer than nine regular-season games during their accrued seasons.

They need to rewrite the rule then. Change it from "the" active roster.  Or maybe post the full rule next time.

Those bullet points you just sourced were not in your original post.  First time we've seen the word "accrued" used.

Thanks, though. At least that answers the question.

wow, you are a piece of work...you are wrong, so they should re write the rules? just say it....it wont hurt...."I was wrong"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I think we all know the Colts took a dive with that record TP to get the top draft pick. 

RESPONSE: LOL!!!...true that! Nonetheless, how many teams finished 11-5 or better last season? I can't see how you can be critical of Luck, after he accomplished this in his rookie season. Weren't the Colts just 10-6 in the Horse-face's final year as the Indy QB, in 2010?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The 11-5 record for the Colts was a bit of a mirage.  They had a negative point differential (-30).  There were 16 teams last season with negative point differentials.  The Colts were the only team to have a winning record.  If the Colts win that many games next season it will be because Luck took a big step forward in his second season.  If he plays like he did last season I would be surprised if they win 11 games again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:

Here is more:

Or this:

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf

Go to page 161 and look at Section (a).  It is NFL experience, not experience that THAT team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Like or dislike tebow, his beliefs, throwing motion, etc...the kid has proven to rise to the occasion when the situation warrants it. He is a winner and leader, and a good athlete. Question is what position or positions can he be used based on his unique skill set that provide the most benefit to the pats both short and longer term if he makes the roster?

short term...he is not beating out any rb nor TE on this roster for playing time. The only way bb uses him at either is injury to someone else or a few trick plays per game. He is already down the depth chart at either position, so I can't see him sticking there. In terms of trick plays...they become less tricky when he's only on the field to run them. If he got a bunch of snaps, then you never know how he might be used. But if TT comes in and the defense can key in on him, what good is trickery?

therefore, my belief is that TT has been signed to play QB. This is where the pats will invest their time to determine if he can play QB in the pats system rather than tailoring a system to fit TT. That determination will be made within 4-8 weeks. If it has been determined TT can do it but needs refinement, the pats may elect to keep him and then look for a mallet trade partner. If not, the pats will release him within that window or maybe sooner. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You said not to judge him based on his off the field stuff.  As far as I know that is the religious stuff which I don't care about.

No they aren't.  You've just massaged a few of them.

The debate is that Tebow won 5 of 8 games where they scored under 20 points.  Orton lost 2 out 3 where they scored 20 or more.  The Tebow led offense was nothing special in most of Denver's wins.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I'll agree Luck has demonstrated he can throw the ball better than Tebow.....

To the other team.

What is shallow is the anal negative hype Tebow gets from self appointed experts and so called experts. Judge the man on what he has actually accomplished on the field, and he is FAR removed from the condemnation he garners.

Basically, we're talking mindless NFL drama queen BS when talking Tebow. But that's okay, since 75% of football talk around here is that anyway.

I could care less about Tebow's religious beliefs.  The fact remains that if you watched any of Indy's games last year Luck was asked to make lots of advanced intermediate and down the field throws as part of Arians' system.  On the Broncos they had to completely remake the entire offense to accommodate the fact that he couldn't throw the ball consistently.  In 8 of the games Tebow started they scored under 20 points yet they won 5 of them.  They won a game where he only completed 2 passes and 2 more games where he completed under 10.  That is not a recipe for sustainable success in the NFL.  If you put Tebow on the Colts (who didn't have a RB like McGahee) and an inferior defense they don't make the playoffs.  Luck was asked to do more than Tebow.  The Broncos tried to hide his deficiencies as a passer with a gimmick offense which the Patriots D exposed on National Television.  They are nowhere near comparable despite your attempts to do so with a few choice stats.

Babe - enough.  Let's put an end to your ridiculous and repeated posts about Tebow and Luck being the same quality of QB.  

Luck started from day one as a rookie and started 16 games and had over 600 throwing attemtps.  Tebow started 3 games in his rookie year and had 82 attempts.  After three years in the NFL he finally got as many starts as Luck, yet still had nearly half as many pass attempts.  We could end there, but why?  

Tebow's YPA dropped by more than a yard when he finally got consistent playing time in his second year.  For his career, it was .3 yards less than Luck's.  .3 is not a small difference in YPA and the only reason it is only .3 was because all of the deep shots Tebow took in his rookie year (8 ypa).

TD/INT ? Luck 23/18 (rookie year) Tebow 17/9 (3 years).  Good job by Tebow not throwing to the other team, but there's a good explanation for that - his career completion percentage is well below 50%.  He doesn't complete many passes to anyone.  This is after three years in the NFL.  Luck's is in the mid 50s completion percentage.  One stat and one stat alone is responsible for a similar rating between the two.  A relativley low pick ratio for Tebow and a relatively high one for the rookie, Luck.

Now stop.  You look asinine sadly struggling to make this comparrison stick.  Regardless of the similar career rating of a third year QB to a rookie, the two are not in the same universe.  If Luck was cut when Tebow was, there would have been 18 teams willing to give him a multiyear guaranteed contract.  Tebow was fortunate that the guy who blew a first round pick on him is so desperate to try to save face.  And yet still got ZERO guarantees.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You're a real piece of work Rusty. You are quick to call people wrong (usually in caps but not this time) and when you are proven wrong you say that the rule isn't clear enough. BTW you didn't ask for clarification you assumed we were wrong and went with it. You know what they say when you make assumption as truth.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You're a real piece of work Rusty. You are quick to call people wrong (usually in caps but not this time) and when you are proven wrong you say that the rule isn't clear enough. BTW you didn't ask for clarification you assumed we were wrong and went with it. You know what they say when you make assumption as truth.

The NFL is known for re-wording rules when so schamuck on a forum can' understand what it means.  Team lawyers be damned - this stuff need to be clear to the mentally challanged of the world.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not. It said "the" active roster not "the" roster.  It's very misleading. PCMIV called it ambiguous. I think that particular source didn't make it clear, which is why I asked about that yesterday in another thread. I felt it needed to be clarified, Sheldong found a better source with ADDITIONAL aspects using a word like "acrrued", which helps clarify.

Anyone reading the first source can't really tell if it's talking about multiple rosters or the one the player signs onto. You can't deny that. It's correct I ddn't ask for clarification because I thought the Steelers Addict Chat room sourced version, which is what I saw  as well, was the official version. Clearly it was incomplete. 

I initially thought there was no way a guy who played in the NFL on a roster for 2 years could't be, but after reading it 3 times and seeing "the" roster and not "an" active roster, it pointed to the SECOND year on the same team, not different rosters, accruing. Jesus.  Am I a piece of work?  How about, YOU are a piece of work for not accpeting why that would be confusing?

As stated, I asked this PS thing yesterday and Googled exact;y what Sheldong did. I read it 3 times and based off of that sourced version, it appeared he'd be eliglble.

The second source clearly helps.  Like I said, I do my homework and research before commenting.

"Except it's not correct.  Tebow is not on Denver or NY. That rule is for when a player plays a minumum of 9 games one year, and then the next year is attempted to be buried on the PS on the SAME TEAM."

[QUOTE/]

Yep really did your homework on that one before commenting. You must have been pretty poor in school because when I did homework I double checked something to make sure it was right before waiting for a teacher to correct me. Remember what I said about that assumption thing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

The NFL is known for re-wording rules when so schamuck on a forum can' understand what it means.  Team lawyers be damned - this stuff need to be clear to the mentally challanged of the world.

Sounds great Phat Rex. Say, are you enjoying trying to wiggle  in here posing as a Pats fan?  bawhaha

The fact you think people will believe you aren't Phat Rex is beyond comical. Can't be made up. 

You're Dahmer Jr.  Strong effort changing a bit how you write and type, also by ignoring me. But, you lose. A dead giveaway.

A Pats fan?  I can see why everyone makes fun of you here.  You're kinda dumb.  I suppose you think FoxboroFred is a Jets fan?  Sorry, not Rex, but I did enjoy him making you his beeech the other day when you got banned.  That was pretty funny.  DO you get banned often?  I see you have 100+ posts in the last day, that is pretty sad.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: LOL!!!...true that! Nonetheless, how many teams finished 11-5 or better last season? I can't see how you can be critical of Luck, after he accomplished this in his rookie season. Weren't the Colts just 10-6 in the Horse-face's final year as the Indy QB, in 2010?  

Remember, their scedule was based off that 2-14 season.

I'm not critical of Luck. Though I do think everything about him has been overhyped to this point. He did pretty well for a rookie. My only point has been that Tebow has done just about as well, yet he gets thrown under the bus by all the "experts".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's not. It said "the" active roster not "the" roster.  It's very misleading. PCMIV called it ambiguous. I think that particular source didn't make it clear, which is why I asked about that yesterday in another thread. I felt it needed to be clarified, Sheldong found a better source with ADDITIONAL aspects using a word like "acrrued", which helps clarify.

Anyone reading the first source can't really tell if it's talking about multiple rosters or the one the player signs onto. You can't deny that. It's correct I ddn't ask for clarification because I thought the Steelers Addict Chat room sourced version, which is what I saw  as well, was the official version. Clearly it was incomplete. 

I initially thought there was no way a guy who played in the NFL on a roster for 2 years could't be, but after reading it 3 times and seeing "the" roster and not "an" active roster, it pointed to the SECOND year on the same team, not different rosters, accruing. Jesus.  Am I a piece of work?  How about, YOU are a piece of work for not accpeting why that would be confusing?

As stated, I asked this PS thing yesterday and Googled exact;y what Sheldong did. I read it 3 times and based off of that sourced version, it appeared he'd be eliglble.

The second source clearly helps.  Like I said, I do my homework and research before commenting.

"Except it's not correct.  Tebow is not on Denver or NY. That rule is for when a player plays a minumum of 9 games one year, and then the next year is attempted to be buried on the PS on the SAME TEAM."

Yep really did your homework on that one before commenting. You must have been pretty poor in school because when I did homework I double checked something to make sure it was right before waiting for a teacher to correct me.

Umm, based on his sourcing the first set of rules, it was not correct.  I explained why. That source said "the roster", not "an active" roster, the latter which would point to previous OTHER rosters in previous seasons.

You're defending the same source Sheldong and I saw, which is hilarious.  That source isn't sufficient. He found a better which clarifies the confusion.

The whole reason why that popped up on ESPN is because many fans were pondering that possibility. That one clearly talks about accruing, which clears the air on that possibility.  Why is this so offensive to you?  

Clearly, the source Sheldong and I saw didn't clarify Tebow's situation. The second one, did

So you didn't do your homework as you stated because you never got a second source to confirm your thoughts before making an assumption on something you admited needed clearity. Glad you clarified for me that:

A) You make assumptions of a single source that you find confusing

B) You don't do your homework as previously stated because you don't look for a second source when there is doubt in your mind

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts