New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles

In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles:
    In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : Are all Patriots fans this stupid?  Oh wait, aren't you one of the "Jets are over the cap" guys? Don't you think you should use accurate numbers, maybe after the season, say with your re-upped QB on it?
    Posted by McCheaters

It was after Brady and the numbers are correct.  Here's another link.
    http://www.patscap.com/2010capinfo.html

If the Pats had spent 150 million then they would have had to lose 30mil worth of players to make cap and they didn't lose any free agents other than some league min guys. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

They will put up big time numbers, have a great regular season, but I just don't think Vick can get them that far in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Difference between the Heat and the Eagles is for some reason all these players are taking less money on short deals to play for Reid. I love what they did and also a change in some of the line coaches should help, but Vick still has to prove his worth with Jackson and Maclin.

The one thing teams should be scared of is this is a VERY young team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Wow, I'd hate to even think of what Philly is going to think of Boston after the Bruins got their payback and actually took everything, the then the Sox and Pats beat them for everything this year. I guess they'll still have Cheesesteaks and Danny DeVito?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Red Sox would have no chance against the Phils in the WS, and we can wait and see how the NFC/AFC pans out, way too early to project on paper.

In regards to the B's.........I would have to think that choke of 3-1 and up 3-1 had something to do with coming back more motivated, and thus after getting embarrassed this season Holmgren dumped the garbage(Carter/Richards) and handed the reigns over some guys who will work hard each night, see you in October.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

TP,
    how can you hate what the eagles are doing right now? Unless of course you are a cowgirls fan? I live in Dallas and despise the cowgirls, more now than ever given the foot's watermelon smuggling sister is coaching the D.

In all honesty, I like Andy Reid. I think he is a great coach, and has assembled some great talent. Hats off to the eagles and here's wishiing they finish atop their division and smoke green bay in the NFC championship game..should Vick stay healthy of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ad473dfdf-83de-4a9f-a779-e4d11cc7b0c0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:d473dfdf-83de-4a9f-a779-e4d11cc7b0c0Post:dc67f0ca-47b7-4418-ab03-4405268d1f44">Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles:
    In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : Red Sox would have no chance against the Phils in the WS, and we can wait and see how the NFC/AFC pans out, way too early to project on paper. In regards to the B's.........I would have to think that choke of 3-1 and up 3-1 had something to do with coming back more motivated, and thus after getting embarrassed this season Holmgren dumped the garbage(Carter/Richards) and handed the reigns over some guys who will work hard each night, see you in October.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

The Sox can and will beat the Phillies....wait, isn't that a female horse? Slight edge to Philly starters....huge edge to the Sox lineup. Health will be a big factor in that one. 

The Pats will crush the Eagles because you have two cement heads with nothing between the earholes at the most important position. Vick doesn't make the season and Young is a bust....maybe if they figured out that their job isn't to run they may be Ok but that's why their cement heads.

The B's.....yeah, they choked in epic proportion but what did the Flyers do with that fortune they were handed.....exactly, nothing. The B's not only eliminated them but went on to win it all and we didn't have to cheap shot Flyer snipers liek they did the year before.

I can already feel the tension.....you should hook up with a shrink now so you don't hurt yourself when it really happens-lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP, how can you hate what the eagles are doing right now? Unless of course you are a cowgirls fan? I live in Dallas and despise the cowgirls, more now than ever given the foot's watermelon smuggling sister is coaching the D.

RESPONSE: I assure you that it has nothing to do with the Cowboys. I was a Giants/Pats fan, before becoming just a Pats fan, with the arrival of Bill Parcells. The Eagles were always a thorn in the Giants' side...much as they are today. 

In addition, the Boston/Philadelphia rivalry once eclipsed even that of the Sox/Yankees. In the 1960s, you had the Wilt Chamberlain led 76ers battling the Bill Russell led Celtics for NBA supremacy. In the mid 70s, the Bobby Clarke led Philadelphia Flyers, known as the Broadstreet Bullies, knocked the Bruins off their perch as the NHL's best team. In the late 70s to early 80s, the Doctor J/Moses Malone led 76ers battled the Celtics for the NBA crown. Great personal battles between "The Doctor" and a young Larry Bird. In 2004, the T.O. led Eagles were the team standing in the way of a Patriots' dynasty.

Currently, the Phillies on paper are the best team in baseball. In addition, you have an Eagles' team that thinks it's a "Dream Team", reminiscent of the Miami Heat last season.

Finally, there are those rabid fans from the "City of Brotherly Love". that make Jets fans seem like Rhodes scholars.

There's alot to dislike. 

In all honesty, I like Andy Reid. I think he is a great coach, and has assembled some great talent. Hats off to the eagles and here's wishiing they finish atop their division and smoke green bay in the NFC championship game..should Vick stay healthy of course.

RESPONSE: I respect Andy Reid. But, other than another Patriots' championship, and the Colts failing to make the play-offs, nothing would please me more than to see the "Dream Team" fall on it's collective faces. 
    Posted by PatsLifer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Can someone tell me Andy Ried's record against BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

1) I don't hate any team.  I'm a Pats fan, not an "X" hater :)

2) Good for Philly that they are trying to put together a good roster. Uhh, isn't that what you're supposed to do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Can someone tell me Andy Ried's record against BB
    Posted by Michael02127

2007 Patriots 31 Eagles 28
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271125017

2004 Patriots 24 Eagles 21 Super Bowl
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250206021

2003 Patriots 31 Eagles 10
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230914021

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

The are loaded but so was the 2001 Rams...injuries..personalities...and pressure will weigh on this team..and oh playing time..there is only one ball...

60maxpowero.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ad473dfdf-83de-4a9f-a779-e4d11cc7b0c0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:d473dfdf-83de-4a9f-a779-e4d11cc7b0c0Post:dc67f0ca-47b7-4418-ab03-4405268d1f44 " /> Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : The Sox can and will beat the Phillies....wait, isn't that a female horse? Slight edge to Philly starters....huge edge to the Sox lineup. Health will be a big factor in that one.  The Pats will crush the Eagles because you have two cement heads with nothing between the earholes at the most important position. Vick doesn't make the season and Young is a bust....maybe if they figured out that their job isn't to run they may be Ok but that's why their cement heads. The B's.....yeah, they choked in epic proportion but what did the Flyers do with that fortune they were handed.....exactly, nothing. The B's not only eliminated them but went on to win it all and we didn't have to cheap shot Flyer snipers liek they did the year before. I can already feel the tension.....you should hook up with a shrink now so you don't hurt yourself when it really happens-lol
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Red Sox and Phillies are projected at this point to meet, so we will see. But I love the Red Sox contrarian point of view. Two years ago it was "pitching wins" now it is "offense wins", LOL, get your stories straight. Pitching in the playoffs is the most important piece, hitters can be shut down against good pitching, and when Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Oswalt, and most recently Worley are the guys who you would have to face in game one in Philadelphia it makes for a much tougher path than Beckett, Lester, and ?????, Lackey or Bedard, LOLOLOLOLOL.

And FYI, a filly, is a female horse. Wink

Vick is a great unknown right now, but the offensive line is restructured and getting back to healthy, also a new offensive line coach. They have weapons too: McCoy, Brown, Maclin, Jackson, Avant, and Brent Celek who is ready for a breakout season. They have three Pro Bowl cornerbacks, an improved defensive line with Jenkins and Babin while adding some depth around the roster with some experience. The pieces have to work together but this is going to be a tough team to play against, and the NFC East has gone from tops in the NFL to two teams who can compete with the Cowboys in trouble and the Giants also with some holes.

And the Flyers will get their pound of flesh this year, they are going to be a hungry team next season with changes which made them a much tougher team to play against, oh and a goalie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Vick will be lucky if he finishes the season not on IR. The way he plays will get him hurt and Vince Young is not taking that team anywhere.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I agree 100%.  When Vick goes down with an injury (and he will), Vince is NOT the guy to take them to the Super Bowl.

Yukon Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I've always hated the Eagles, nothing new for me. 

That said, I think they are going to be tough to beat in the NFC east.  Is Asante still there?  If so, think about their secondary, with Aso on one side and Samuels on the other.  Oivey......

Sections
Shortcuts