New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles continue to stockpile what appear to be quality players through free agency, in their quest for their first NFL crown, since 1960. The talk about Philly being a "dream team" is invoking similar feelings of resentment that I had with the Miami Heat, after the Chris Bosh/LaBron James signings. Whose next for the Eagles? Braylon Edwards? Randy Moss (yeah...I know he says he's retiring)?

Is anyone else getting tired of hearing this "dream team" talk?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles

What is this "dream team" talk you speak of, I have heard none of this on the local airways I listen to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeneSteratore. Show GeneSteratore's posts

They just added Ronnie Brown too haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Not a fan of Vick, but I love just about everyone else. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles:
    [QUOTE]What is this "dream team" talk you speak of, I have heard none of this on the local airways I listen to.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

http://www.newsy.com/videos/vick-helps-eagles-assemble-dream-team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well damn

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles :      http://www.newsy.com/videos/vick-helps-eagles-assemble-dream-team
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I live pretty close to Philly, and they are excited about it, but not to the point of saying anything crazy.  I think they learned from Asante not to believe until you see the guy do miracles in your own team's colors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

When Madden comes out later this month everybody is gonna choose te eagles more than ppl already do, it a pain try to contain vick in that game all anybody ever does is roll out with vick and pick up huge amounts of yards with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

nah. They don't brag or promise super bowls and the only one saying that stuff is the back up qb vince young. plus they are in the other conference so its all good.

looks like a team il be seeing a ton of in madden when im the Patriots online.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

So glad I have tickets in Philly for when we play them this year.  I will most likely be the one in the throwback pats jersey being thrown off the seats and crashing onto the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think the Iggles have made some very good moves and, along with the Pack, should duke it out for NFC bragging rights. And though I find both Vick and Young to be talented, entertaining QBs, I don't really see either as having the mentality to lead their team to a Super Bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think the Packers are still the team to beat. 

People hate the Yankees because George Steinbrenner tries to buy the World Series with vastly more cash than anyone else.  Then he promises wins to big corporate sponsors like the US Postal Service, which has no right taking sides in the first place.

The NFL has a salary cap so sheer spending won't work in the NFL, except maybe, just maybe, in a rare year when the cap is lifted.  This means that the Eagles, when they spend like crazy, may be mortgaging their future years, or they may simply not have expensive players.  Perhaps they manage their salary cap like the Patriots do.  All that the Eagles really did was sell off their backup QB for a fortune.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : If it didn't work last year when the Patriots spent 150 million, most in the NFL.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]
    Source? Everywhere I've seen has the Pats around 120 million.

Here's one I found. Granted I only searched for a minute or so: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/19/team-by-team-salary-cap-numbers-if-there-were-a-salary-cap/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

The Eagles are gonna be down right scary. Think there is any chance we see Vick and Young on the field at the same time? LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Spoken like a true Patriot fan.  It's all about hating other teams.

Couldn't help but notice that the little photo used to describe yourself does not show a head. Typical Jets' fan...LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

No reason to hate at all. The way i see it they have about a 3-4 year window with Vick at this level. Most likely they'll resign him to ext. next year with around 30-40 mil. guaranteed. That guaranteed money will tell you how long they think he can last. That being said the guy can get knocked out at time because of the way he plays. Another reason to go all in now. I still dont think people realize just how good they can be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Eagles are at it again...this time they signed safety Jerrad Page from the Pats: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/jarrad-page-joins-the-eagles/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Eagles just signed Ronnie Brown. LM FAO Ok maybe now we can hate them , j/k. Again the know they have a small window with Vick , anywhere from 3-4 years im guessing. They know this and their going all in. I just cant hate a team for wanting to be the best in the league. Now if they and by they i mean actual players , not Vince Young lol. If guys like Vick , Shady start coming out and joking about winning 7 championships and how easy it will be , then we can start hating on them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : Source? Everywhere I've seen has the Pats around 120 million. Here's one I found. Granted I only searched for a minute or so: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/19/team-by-team-salary-cap-numbers-if-there-were-a-salary-cap/
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Don't waste you time with trolls.

Team-by-team salary cap numbers, if there were a salary cap

On Saturday, we mentioned that three teams have committed less than $90 million to player compensation in the uncapped year.  Two teams have blown the curve.

Many of you have asked for more information about the expenditures of your favorite teams.

So we’ve got the full list.

And though we don’t want to pick on the Chargers any more than we already have, they’re in the bottom 25 percent in spending — even though they’ve chosen not to spend on left tackle Marcus McNeill and receiver Vincent Jackson.

Redskins:  $178.2 million.

Cowboys:  $166.5 million.

Saints:  $145.0 million.

Vikings:  $143.4 million.

Seahawks:  $138.8 million.

Jets:  $135.7 million.

Packers:  $135.3 million.

Raiders:  $135.2 million.

Colts:  $133.1 million.

Bears:  $131.9 million.

Eagles:  $131.0 million.

Patriots:  $128.8 million.

Giants:  $128.6 million.

49ers:  $125.9 million.

Dolphins:  $123.8 million.

Texans:  $123.1 million.

Lions:  $122.9 million.

Steelers:  $122.9 million.

Browns:  $122.8 million.

Ravens:  $122.3 million.

Falcons:  $118.5 million.

Titans:  $118.0 million.

Panthers:  $110.9 million.

Rams:  $109.1 million.

Chargers:  $108.0 million.

Bills:  $105.3 million.

Broncos:  $102.9 million.

Bengals:  $100.8 million.

Cardinals:  $97.8 million.

Jaguars:  $89.5 million.

Chiefs:  $84.5 million.

Buccaneers:  $80.8 million.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : Are all Patriots fans this stupid?  Oh wait, aren't you one of the "Jets are over the cap" guys? Don't you think you should use accurate numbers, maybe after the season, say with your re-upped QB on it?
    You still haven't provided any numbers. Also, that article was dated in mid september and I'm pretty sure Brady had his new contract finished before that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

McCheaters...  just go back to your corner and continue to stare at your Sanchize poster and stroke yourself.  You are nothing but a foolish weasel, and your silly little opinion is of no value.  I wouldn't give you the sweat off my sack if you were dying of thirst.  Go hang out with your "Real Jetfans of New Jersey" castmates PhatRex, Leon, WeDerr etc.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Clearly, the Eagles are "all in" for 2011. It's SB or bust, says Philly owner Joe Banner: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/03/mcnabb-says-eagles-have-more-problems-that-people-are-looking-at/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wow, I'd hate to even think of what Philly is going to think of Boston after the Bruins got their payback and actually took everything, the then the Sox and Pats beat them for everything this year.

I guess they'll still have Cheesesteaks and Danny DeVito?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Team to Hate: Philadelphia Eagles : Try January.  That is when the numbers are finalized.  I'll give you a little longer to find it.

So, to be clear:  You're upset that someone provided numbers from last September, but you refuse to find the numbers from last January which would allegedly prove your point. 

The funny part is you calling other people stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I honestly don't give a krap about the iggles or what they are getting. my thoughts are on fat rex and his big mouth off and running again.

my question to you rex is how in gods green earth are you and your offense gonna stop vince and albert from "killing" your dirty sanchez or any of your running backs?

beware of the patriots defense rexy.....befknware.