New Welker info

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

New Welker info

Patriots have told Welker he will be franchised. From NFL Network

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: New Welker info

While I wouldn't be shocked if he got dealt, no way he plays with the tag.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

From the rest of the report it sounds like the Patriots are trying to work out a 2-3 year deal but need to make sure they have time to sign other players they are looking to keep and aquire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The thing is this guy probably does deserve a nice payday, but we cant afford to give it to him with all our needs at other spots.

I would like to see him move on and cash in, play a few years on a crap team where he cant haunt us.

This is purely me speaking in terms of a G.M. and not a fan. I love the guy, but dang, we cant overspend on one guy who isnt even an Elite threat. Catches a lot of balls sure. Not many TD's and clutch catches in the playoffs though.

We can cruise thru the regular season throwing it to Gronk and Hernandez, I am concerned with WHO will step up in the playoffs.

Instead of outscoring teams(hasnt worked in postseason) we need to Stop teams more and use some ball control and screens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats always do this with players they plan to franchise, they tag him to buy time and try to sign players about to hit FA, along with talk with new FA's once the market opens. I'm sure they have been working on a deal for Welker and maybe have a base to work off of. Welkers no idiot, if they have a base and they tell him the tag is just to buy time so we can hit FA running then I'm sure he understands. The real telling thing will be how quick Welker signs the deal. If he signs right away it might be a precursor to a trade or they are very far off in contract talks. If he doesn't sign it could be that they have a deal in the works and it was a time buying measure or that he's unhappy and could sit out. Frankly I hope he doesn't sign right away because it present the best option (long term signing) although him sitting out is also the worst option of the bunch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He will play, under the tag or not.  He has never shown anything but willingness.  He has earned a big raise just for the work over the last few years, and the team will pay him.  He is a central piece still along with the two tight ends.  Add a WR that can stretch the field and we are good.  He's not going anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I dont see this thing playing out any other way but amiably .

1) Pats understand he brings other intangibles beside on-field production.
    ( Patriots way )

2)Welker is a team player who doesnt strike me as overly greedy .

Neither side wants to see #83 play under the tag  - its just part of the process.

( It should be noted that Welker has made 18 mil over the last 5 years with the Pats and the tag will pay him 9 mil. - not a bad haul )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The Pats likely told Welker that as FA is about to kickoff and they have bigger fish to fry.

Welker and the Pats will still be in talks but its getting close now and Welker is in the plan for next year and the  year after if all goes well. Good signs but he needs to figure out what type of deal he can see himself doing here or just take the tag and play under it and walk next year because I don't want him on even a 4 year type of deal. 3 years max. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Part of the contract games they play these days.  He'll get paid!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: New Welker info:
    [QUOTE]While I wouldn't be shocked if he got dealt, no way he plays with the tag.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

He'd have to be stupid to do that and he doesn't strike me as a stupid guy.

Sections
Shortcuts