New York gets Superbowl 48

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

New York gets Superbowl 48

SS_stadiums_meadowlands.jpg

And after about an hour-and-a-half of (absurd?) build-up, the New York/New Jersey contingent was just selected to host Super Bowl XLVII. And in front of a live national audience.

The Patriots supported the measure
    , and Jonathan Kraft cast his ballot for the group.

"Ever since 9/11, I’ve hoped that something like this could happen," Robert Kraft told the Globe yesterday. "It’s just reaffirming support for that great city and region, New Jersey and New York. ... I see two major things: Payback to the people of that region in bringing what I think is the greatest sporting event in the world, to host it, and thank them for what’s gone on almost a decade later; And then also a thank you to the owners who stepped up and took one out there with real financial stakes."

• Comment

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: New York gets Superbowl 48

I'm sure all the New Yorkers of East Rutherford, New Jersey are ecstatic to win the bid. They won't play in a SB anytime soon, but atleast they can watch it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It's really frustrating that the New Jersey teams are constantly labeled New York. Sure, they might be owned by New Yorkers, but they play in Jersey. Why are all the headlines saying New York is getting a superbowl? The Meadowlands is in New Jersey, therefore New Jersey is getting a superbowl.

I don't really care about this as long as the NFL allows other cold weather teams to play the superbowl. New York shouldn't be the only exception to everything. Oh, I mean New Jersey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

With all these new stadiums going up for most teams - etc.  Maybe they should just hold the SB at the site which the team has the best record all year.  This way, TEAMs are playing full tilt full time right thru the whole year that have a chance at the best record (instead of them starting to rest players).  Just a thought!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Perfect day trip for Pats fans.  Easy drive down to watch the pats win another ring, and you can even tailgate. No flight or hotel worries.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Should be played in the nothern NFL stadiums as well.  It is about time!!!  Then maygy REAL NFL fans would get tickets, rather than the CORPORATE GEEKS that get the tickets and don't even watch the games - too busy working the phones for their next greedy ploy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Very magnanimous of these teams to host the Patriots in another Super Bowl. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sure I would get all carried away thinking this is some kind of signal that cold-weather sites are going to start getting consideration for Super Bowls. It's an incredibly bad idea from a marketing/coporate standpoint. The average fan is not the target demographic for the live event. Teams looking at new leases and hoping for taxpayer handouts (like the Vikings) might use this as a bargaining chip -- get a stadium, get a Super Bowl -- but I would be very surprised if there were not handshake deals in place years ago to see to it that both of these things (the new stadium in New Jersey and a Super Bowl there) would happen. The greater New Jersey area can produce advertising revenue and corporate subsidies like no other market in the league. It's my guess we'll see two or three Super Bowls in the Jersey swamps before we see one in . . .  say . . .   Minneapolis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

dumb, dumb, dumb...

may there be 4 feet of snow and white out conditions that game day so that this dumb idea doesnt get repeated again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: New York gets Superbowl 48:
    dumb, dumb, dumb... may there be 4 feet of snow and white out conditions that game day so that this dumb idea doesnt get repeated again
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

I'd pay to see it. All the 3 peice suit people that got free tickets can freeze their Buttts off and be miserable. Either Snow or below Zero would be sweet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Hey Sam~ would you believe it's 90+ degrees here in Vermont..it's so hot my peppers are sweatin' LOL! I rode over to Adirondacks yesterday just beautiful and cooler. 

I like the idea of an cold outdoor game it will keep the Buffys and Biffs out of the stands. I just hope it doesn't turn into a weather nightmare.

Noise great idea....call the Commish

Sections
Shortcuts