New

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

New

it  ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore

Michael Jordan missed more game-winning shots than he made. I highly doubt at the end of his career people were saying "Michael just can't do it anymore." You can't expect Brady, a QB in the National Football League, to lead his team to a miracle win every time. It's a team sport and there are so many moving parts here.

Seriously, to take one bad half of WEEK 2 (of 17 weeks) and translate it into a whole "Brady's lost it" theory is completely and innately bogus. Last year, the guy was coming off a serious knee injury and you could tell some of his throws were just off. He's never had a great deep ball to begin with and now just because he misses on some, you think he's losing it? Come on, dude. Both interceptions on Sunday were his fault. He just missed on the throws, period. That happens to the best of them. That has nothing to do with him marrying Giselle and having kids. The last time I checked, it's normal for a human being (which is what he is) to get married and have a family and just because he does that doesn't mean his priorities have intentionally shifted.

He should have come out and told "us" that he wants to be a husband and father? Are you serious? He doesn't owe you or any of us sh!t. This is HIS JOB, NOT HIS LIFE. If you think any of those guys take the game as seriously as we do, you're grossly mistaken. Brady is one of the more competitive players out there but most of the players in the league don't obsess over wins and losses like us fans do.

Regardless of how good the Giants defense, Brady DID do what he normally does: drive the team down for a winning score. Too bad ASSante Samuel dropped the game-winning interception.

Please step away from the ledge. Holy sh!t.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Oh that must be it since Brady has never had a bad game before in his entire career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Less about Brady's "Heart" and more about having a below average and young D that cant adjust to the speed of the game in the second half. And a team (BB) that isnt willing to adjust his offensive game plan accordingly in the second half of games. TB was at his best throwing the short/intermediate passes accurately, not throwing down field and getting no help from the lack of calls for the running game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought Brady played 6 great quarters so far this season grading at A- to A. I thought he played 2 so-so quarters grading at C to C+.
    The problem is not Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Just curious, when was the last time Brady lead the team for a comeback?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

FRAT!

I would have to say yes it is due to how emotional he has been during this season so far, beginning with the pre-season games.  You can tell he still enjoys the game and the burning desire to play and win is still there. 

The only difference is other teams have now caught up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    [QUOTE]Just curious, when was the last time Brady lead the team for a comeback?
    Posted by FrogLegs[/QUOTE]
    Depends on what you mean by comeback.  They've been behind early in games and won.  But last season Brady threw 2 TD passes with 2:06 left in the game to lead the pats to a 1 point win over the Bills. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

i blame gisele.. Ever since Tom Brady hooked up with Gisele, he has had a child out-of-wedlock, lost a Superbowl, had a career-treatening injury, and could have been killed in a car crash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Great thread..............not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Manning became Brady? PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF GOD, NEVER EVER EVER SAY THAT AGAIN.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Manning became Brady? PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF GOD, NEVER EVER EVER SAY THAT AGAIN.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

It is true, only I think that in 06 season, the Colts had a sluggish offense, and Peyton actually learned to handle the blitz, played to the score, and figured out how to win the big games, for a season anyhow.

I don't think Brady became Manning until the 07 season when Tommy had Moss and Welker, and every single person in NE loved this team, thought Brady had finally showed he was the greatest QB ever because of great stats?

16-0 going for 19-0?  Dumbest thing I ever heard or saw.  Most overrated offense I ever saw, and I got it in the 1st Bills game, 2nd game(?) of the season.  I knew this offense would not translate to cold weather or the playoffs.

I was right, and none of you saw it, lost the SB and every Pats fan blamed the defense?  So unaware, you all thought it was the D and Tommy did his job.  No, the D kept us in the game, they killed the Giants offense, while their Defense choked the greatest offense ever? 

Our 06 Reche Caldwell led offense scored 34 points in the AFC title game w/ the Colts, we changed the whole philosophy of the offense getting Moss and Welker, Brady learned how to be a wide open offensive mind like Manning, and may be better?

Except Tommy forgot how to keep his head in the game, playing to the score, not killing teams, and the defense and offense get lethargic.  What happened to Tommy's comebacks?  Little or none, and forget the Denver game, what about the fact that in 06 we score 34 points against the Colts, and the next 2 playoff games we lose, TB and CO. scored only 14 points each against the Giants(SB) and Ravens in 09 1st round.

So in the last 2 years playing like Manning, the Pats avg 14 points in their two losses, and both times we blamed the D.

In Peyton's playoff run with the greatest Offense ever, his teams have a 9-10 record and in all those 10 playoff losses, the Colts avg 12 points a game, compared to Tommy's 14 points in losses in the playoffs, playing like Manning.

And of course, after Peyton's TB like season of 06, he has gone back to being Tom Brady, the new Tom Brady, the one who wants to be like Peyton, the old Peyton before and after 06.

I just don't see this offense, always after Moss and Welker, when they have some very good skilled receivers, and still the bombs to Moss.  He doesn't have that same talent anymore, and TB needs to use him judiciously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't think it's unreasonable to question if something is different with Brady. I don't think it has anything to do with his wife and kids however. But you have to question why the team as a whole hasn't won ANY games in the last 17 where they completely pulled one out that they had no business winning. The last game I can think of is the Seahawks game in '08. They had Rosie Colvin and Junior Seau playing big roles on D after not being on the team a week before, and Cassel came up very clutch in that game. They played as a team and pulled out a huge win. How about that Buffalo game where the goal posts almost blew over? Just a good, complete game that reminds you of the years where they just found a way to win. Where has that been? That was why they were special as a team.

Why hasn't that happened in the last 17? I'll give you the first game of last years season, but otherwise the O has been terrible in the second half. Tom is the QB and should get some blame. Obviously there are other issues at play, but we should at least look at what the issues are and not place the QB in a higher light.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Manning is not Brady (see super bowl last year)...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    [QUOTE] lets face it, Tom Brady achieved more and faster than any other QB in the history of the NFL has ever achieved. and it has served him well,very well. he`s created for himself quite a life and a living to put it mildly. BUT-while he and his team flash offensive greatness in 1st half of games, something is missing and has been missing now for quite awhile.  we got used to the come-from-behind tom brady, but the TB of the last several years hasn`t been that TB. while the talent is still there,and is  still brilliant in putting together long drives in the 1st half of games when everything is executed flawlessly..the differencenow is that the production drops off so substantially that you have to scatch your head when the 2nd half rolls around..when the tough pressure is put upon the QB..when he gets hit hard, sacked or rushed. when his life is made uncomfortable..when he has to think hard to figure out who to throw the football to..when it is alot easier to just think "RANDY MOSS", then to look for his secondary receivers. this has been going on since the AFC championship game in Indy in 2006, when TB took a 21-3 lead into halftime only to see manning lead his team back from certain defeat. and the more i look at 2007, i`m reminded of the same thing...as most of those points came in the 1st half of games. last years win against the Jets was more of the same..great drives and throws in the 1st half, almost nothing in the 2nd .tom brady would ALWAYS work a miracle when needed. but now, he doesn`t even get his team into a position to win,either he coughes up the ball or throws an interception.right or worng? what i`m getting at is simply this: it`s a very tough game that TB plays. a QB can take one hit to many and never be the same, even if it isn`t a concussion, there`s still the possiblity that his life will never be the same. that the oportunities of sustaining a big-time injury go up significantly in the 2nd half. it`s tougher and the hits probably alot harder. fatigue also makes defending yourself less certain. all in all, it seems to me that while TB obviously still enjoys playing 'pass and catch' with Moss and Welker, his heart isn`t into proving himself in the NFL anymore which requires an almost fatalistic attitude. when it`s life and death. he`s building a "nice" home in LA for $72 million. he plays kissy face with his brazilian supermodel wife. he has 2 cute kids to love and throw the football around with. i`m sorry, but what we may be seeing out of brady is a [sub]conscious animas to the NFL. i mean he still obviously loves to 'connect' with his wide-outs...but does he really want to work his brain and body deep into the second half of games, when LBs and vicious D-linmen are trying to kill him? sorry, that may have been the TB back in 2001,3 and 4..but that isn`t TB anylonger, and wasn`t TB in the SB loss to NY either. the fact is, he`s set-for-life because he put his life on the line and not only survived but thrived. deep down i say he doesn`t want to risk it anylonger, as much as he wants a log happy life with his wife and kids. too bad he din`t come right out and tell us, we could have been doing something better durin ghte second half of all of these football games, then watch him be somebody else then the joe montana-type QB we got so used to seeing for 6 years or so.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Kids see how stupid you look when you do drugs.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Either Brady had a bad day (had a great day yhe week before) or whoever calls plays in the 2nd half had a bad day.  we got outcoached in the 2nd half....again.  Used to be BB's strenght but last 2 years has been a weakness.  Is he just stubborn or have his ways been passed by?  Lost the momentum in the first half with the careless mental mistakes.  They could have really taken the Jets out of the game but the penalties and missed FG are momentum killers.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

Brady looks like he lost a lot of weight,maybe he has no energy at the end of games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Sheesh...  the Patriots TEAM loses a game and now it is all on Brady?  I guess he is the one that gave up the 28 points to the Jets O last Sunday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Uh, this kind of blatant stupidity is just painful. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lots of emotion here and for good cause. We all love our team and want them to succeed. 

boiling it down and I have absolutely no stats to support this, but.....

Can anyone argue that for some time now, perhaps going back to the beginning of last year and primarily on the road, our offense has been a completely different team from the 1st half to the 2nd half of games? 
    I'm not calling out Brady, BB, O'Brien or anyone else individually..lets just say collectively, we have seen 2 different offenses in terms of strategy and execution from the 1st half to the 2nd half of games....?

If you agree with this, the question is, "Why?" 

If we were to focus primarily on Brady for a minute, the season stats would not support the drop off. TB has enjoyed his best years statistically in terms of completion percentage, TD to interception ratio, passer rating, etc. over the last 3 years, even after his injury...looking at it over the course of a season...

But, When looking at it on a situational basis for 2009...
    1st half of games compared to 2nd half of games, Brady's QB rating drops by 8 points in the 2nd half of games, TD's drop and but so do interceptions. His total pass yards from 1st half to 2nd half declines by roughly 23%, favoring the 1st half. He has more fumbles in 2nd halves, and plays much better in terms of QB rating when he is playing ahead in games (104 rating) vs. trying to come from behind (87 rating). 
    Also, when comparing home vs. away, Brady's QB rating goes from 109 at home to 81 on the road. He is 10% better at home than away in terms of completion percentage. He threw 7 more interception last year on the road vs. at home. 

Some may say that this was his first year back from injury...but, why the difference in 2nd vs 1st halves, and why the difference between home and road games? 

What I can't find is our rushing vs passing statistics from 2009 in 1st and 2nd halves of games. This would be an interesting one to look at. 

when you look back at 2009, because i used 2009 stats above, you have to scratch your head when comparing the Pats stats to our opponents. We basically out did our opponents in every category...time of possession, rushing, passing, 1st downs, 3rd down conversion, Sacks, touchdowns, fieldgoals, etc., etc.....there is only 1 stat from 2009 in which opponents bested us....Turnover ratio. Opponents were +6 on us. 

Perhaps I am rambling, but I'm trying to get to the heart of the matter, and why we see the drop off. Lots of us point to Brady's carelessness with the ball, others say O'Brien's play calling strategy, others say our defense. What I can't see is our defensive stats from the 1st half to the 2nd half of games. if anyone has this or knows where to find it, I would be interested. 

Any conclusions so far that can be drawn from this? 
    1. Brady has not been (2009) as productive in the 2nd half vs 1st half (stats support it)
    2. Brady has proven much more productive at home vs. away (stats support it)
    3. Brady plays better when ahead than when coming from behind (stats support it)

Anything else?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    [QUOTE] lets face it, Tom Brady achieved more and faster than any other QB in the history of the NFL has ever achieved. and it has served him well,very well. he`s created for himself quite a life and a living to put it mildly. BUT-while he and his team flash offensive greatness in 1st half of games, something is missing and has been missing now for quite awhile.  we got used to the come-from-behind tom brady, but the TB of the last several years hasn`t been that TB. while the talent is still there,and is  still brilliant in putting together long drives in the 1st half of games when everything is executed flawlessly..the differencenow is that the production drops off so substantially that you have to scatch your head when the 2nd half rolls around..when the tough pressure is put upon the QB..when he gets hit hard, sacked or rushed. when his life is made uncomfortable..when he has to think hard to figure out who to throw the football to..when it is alot easier to just think "RANDY MOSS", then to look for his secondary receivers. this has been going on since the AFC championship game in Indy in 2006, when TB took a 21-3 lead into halftime only to see manning lead his team back from certain defeat. and the more i look at 2007, i`m reminded of the same thing...as most of those points came in the 1st half of games. last years win against the Jets was more of the same..great drives and throws in the 1st half, almost nothing in the 2nd .tom brady would ALWAYS work a miracle when needed. but now, he doesn`t even get his team into a position to win,either he coughes up the ball or throws an interception.right or worng? what i`m getting at is simply this: it`s a very tough game that TB plays. a QB can take one hit to many and never be the same, even if it isn`t a concussion, there`s still the possiblity that his life will never be the same. that the oportunities of sustaining a big-time injury go up significantly in the 2nd half. it`s tougher and the hits probably alot harder. fatigue also makes defending yourself less certain. all in all, it seems to me that while TB obviously still enjoys playing 'pass and catch' with Moss and Welker, his heart isn`t into proving himself in the NFL anymore which requires an almost fatalistic attitude. when it`s life and death. he`s building a "nice" home in LA for $72 million. he plays kissy face with his brazilian supermodel wife. he has 2 cute kids to love and throw the football around with. i`m sorry, but what we may be seeing out of brady is a [sub]conscious animas to the NFL. i mean he still obviously loves to 'connect' with his wide-outs...but does he really want to work his brain and body deep into the second half of games, when LBs and vicious D-linmen are trying to kill him? sorry, that may have been the TB back in 2001,3 and 4..but that isn`t TB anylonger, and wasn`t TB in the SB loss to NY either. the fact is, he`s set-for-life because he put his life on the line and not only survived but thrived. deep down i say he doesn`t want to risk it anylonger, as much as he wants a log happy life with his wife and kids. too bad he din`t come right out and tell us, we could have been doing something better durin ghte second half of all of these football games, then watch him be somebody else then the joe montana-type QB we got so used to seeing for 6 years or so.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

Go route for a better team then!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I have never understood any of the talk about replacing Brady.  

So what if he's not bullet proof anymore?  He is still in the top five QB's in the league, by any measure, except for recent playoff wins.

My question to all the doubters is:  Who are you going to replace him with?  Matt Casell?  Rookies? 

The thought that he is the problem is just nuts.  If he has a few off games a year then that's life.  Don't forget he had his worst game ever (up to that point) in Denver in 2005.  He then led the team to two straight AFC championship game appearances.

I have no doubt that the team will make at least one more Super Bowl run with TB before he's thru.  It just won't be this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

[QUOTE]Just curious, when was the last time Brady lead the team for a comeback?
    Posted by FrogLegs[/QUOTE]

Um... it's kinda hard to lead a team back 2 victory when the defense can't stop the other team from scoring. He can only do so much. Everything isn't his fault. He plays one position on the team. All he does is bark orders, motivate the team and throw the ball. He can't catch and run with the ball, block defenders for himself, kick field goals, punt, sack the other QB, stop the run, intercept the pass or put a big name reciever on an island. A come back victory isn't just about him. It's a team effort. He can only lead the ones who are willing to follow. All though preseason games don't count he did lead us back against the Rams, but the defense could produce when they needed to.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to is Brady`s heart into football anymore : Kids see how stupid you look when you do drugs.....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

when i first posted this thread, TB wasn`t playing all that well. although i like  tom brady, i didn`t like how he was playing then, and hoped he might happen to read it, which might possibly upset him enough for him to UP his game to where it is right now. geez whizz it seems to have worked.... well, i can`t prove what he read or didn`t  read or get upset about reading in print...what i do know is, he`s back to being the TB we all knew and loved when they were winning all those super bowls. thank you koft for p*ssing off america`s top ICON.  whatever happened, i like what i`m seeing. 

Sections
Shortcuts