New

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore

You're kidding right? Because it seems to me you accused him of giving up and now somehow you're taking credit for him playing well.

Looks like you were wrong....twice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

And the patting yourself on the back while bumping an old dead bad thread award for 2010 has a new leader!

j/k

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    And the patting yourself on the back while bumping an old dead bad thread award for 2010 has a new leader! j/k
    Posted by neali

secret J-E-T-S fans are ya? i can understand them being PO`d, but given that TB is on his way to another MVP and possible SB...i can`t understand your hostility. i know what i was trying to do, which many on this board chewed me out for. but i`ll take the results thank you, and let you guys try to prove that it had nothing to do with my thread, ok?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to is Brady`s heart into football anymore : Kids see how stupid you look when you do drugs.....
    Posted by m1024us

I don't think that's drugs. That's just stupidity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : I don't think that's drugs. That's just stupidity.
    Posted by BBReigns

i bet your HERO would say...it IS what it IS. "koft wrote HIS thread...and brady picked up HIS game"  HAPPENED. SORRY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ok, but don't you feel stupid for even thinking it?  Just admit you were one of the many who took the bait and get it over with already.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: .... although i like  tom brady, i didn`t like how he was playing then, and hoped he might happen to read it, which might possibly upset him enough for him to UP his game to where it is right now. geez whizz it seems to have worked.... well, i can`t prove what he read or didn`t  read or get upset about reading in print...what i do know is, he`s back to being the TB we all knew and loved when they were winning all those super bowls. thank you koft for p*ssing off america`s top ICON.  whatever happened, i like what i`m seeing. 
    Posted by koft

FYI: Treatment of delusional disorders includes a combination of drug therapy and psychotherapy although it is a challenging disorder to treat for many reasons such as the patient's denial that they have a problem of a psychological nature. 

Atypical antipsychotic medications (also known as novel or newer-generation) are used in the treatment of delusional disorder as well as in schizophrenic disorders. Some examples of such medications are risperidone (Risperdal), quetiapine (Seroquel), and olanzapine (Zyprexa). These medications work by blocking postsynaptic dopamine receptors and reduce the incidence of psychotic symptoms including hallucinations and delusions. They also relieve anxiety and agitation. When these drugs are tried but the symptoms do not improve, other types of antipsychotics may be prescribed. Some examples are: fluphenazine decanoate and fluphenazine enanthate. One very effective drug in delusional disorders is also pimozide.

In some cases agitation may occur as a response to severe or harsh confrontation when dealing with the existence of the delusions. If agitation occurs, different antipsychotics can be administered to conclude its outbreak. For instance, an injection of haloperidol (Haldol) can decrease anxiety and slow behavior, it is often combined with medications including lorazepam(Ativan). 

In cases when severely ill patients do not respond to standard treatment, Clozapine may be prescribed although it may cause drowsiness, sedation, excessive salivation, tachycardia, dizziness, seizures and agranulocytosis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Ok, but don't you feel stupid for even thinking it?  Just admit you were one of the many who took the bait and get it over with already.
    Posted by BBReigns

I have no idea what you`re even referring to...i posted that thread in order to p*ss brady off enough that he would improve his game,which seemed to be faltering.  and..guess what? he really DID get better...so i don`t know what you`re all crying about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : FYI: Treatment of delusional disorders includes a combination of drug therapy and psychotherapy although it is a challenging disorder to treat for many reasons such as the patient's denial that they have a problem of a psychological nature.   Atypical antipsychotic medications (also known as novel or newer-generation) are used in the treatment of delusional disorder as well as in schizophrenic disorders. Some examples of such medications are risperidone (Risperdal), quetiapine (Seroquel), and olanzapine (Zyprexa). These medications work by blocking postsynaptic dopamine receptors and reduce the incidence of psychotic symptoms including hallucinations and delusions. They also relieve anxiety and agitation. When these drugs are tried but the symptoms do not improve, other types of antipsychotics may be prescribed. Some examples are: fluphenazine decanoate and fluphenazine enanthate. One very effective drug in delusional disorders is also pimozide.   In some cases agitation may occur as a response to severe or harsh confrontation when dealing with the existence of the delusions. If agitation occurs, different antipsychotics can be administered to conclude its outbreak. For instance, an injection of haloperidol (Haldol) can decrease anxiety and slow behavior, it is often combined with medications including lorazepam(Ativan).   In cases when severely ill patients do not respond to standard treatment, Clozapine may be prescribed although it may cause drowsiness, sedation, excessive salivation, tachycardia, dizziness, seizures and agranulocytosis.
    Posted by Muzwell

but still...i`ll take the results thank you...and you can go take your clozapine. ok?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : but still...i`ll take the results thank you...and you can go take your clozapine. ok?
    Posted by koft

Denial is often the most difficult hurdle to overcome in effective treatment. Good luck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : Denial is often the most difficult hurdle to overcome in effective treatment. Good luck.
    Posted by Muzwell

you also have my luck as you enter thorazine-land, and don`t forget the shuffle.  so, go take your drugs now. i`m about to read today`s article on brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:c8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731Post:e5f3da23-843b-4ee8-ba84-08663a129965">Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore :  I have no idea what you`re even referring to...i posted that thread in order to p*ss brady off enough that he would improve his game,which seemed to be faltering.  and..guess what? he really DID get better...so i don`t know what you`re all crying about.
    Posted by koft

Koft, you originally posted this the Tuesday after the Jets game. Brady went;
    20/36 for 248 yards, 2 TD's and 2 Picks so by Brady's standards not a great game but also not even close to his fault. The game planning and offensive play calling was horrible and IMO what gave BB the final proof that Moss had to go.

Now....as far as you taking credit, I wouldn't if I were you. They got rid of Moss and began playing Pats style of football again by spreading the field and letting Tom do what he does best which is look D's off and find the one on one for the completion.
    They also got Mankins back which again IMO was the second most important thing that happened. He provides a little more time for TB to throw and opens the running game. He also brings pro bowl experience to the line and the locker room.

So...if you really think it was you who did it knock yourself out. Maybe you should post one about Pierce, Pedroia and Savard too so we can sweep all four this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:c8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731Post:e5f3da23-843b-4ee8-ba84-08663a129965 " /> Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : Koft, you originally posted this the Tuesday after the Jets game. Brady went; 20/36 for 248 yards, 2 TD's and 2 Picks so by Brady's standards not a great game but also not even close to his fault. The game planning and offensive play calling was horrible and IMO what gave BB the final proof that Moss had to go. Now....as far as you taking credit, I wouldn't if I were you. They got rid of Moss and began playing Pats style of football again by spreading the field and letting Tom do what he does best which is look D's off and find the one on one for the completion. They also got Mankins back which again IMO was the second most important thing that happened. He provides a little more time for TB to throw and opens the running game. He also brings pro bowl experience to the line and the locker room. So...if you really think it was you who did it knock yourself out. Maybe you should post one about Pierce, Pedroia and Savard too so we can sweep all four this year.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

sorry, but i don`t follow hockey. anyway, i really tried to P*ss TB off...so he would possibly [pick his game up. well...what happened? IMO he hasn`t been the same since 2007 so he was in need of a fire lit under his ars*. . anyway, i`ll repeat...what are you bozo`s so angry at anyway? [do you sub-consciously believe that brady really was shown my thread and it bothered him big time.] if so, just come out and say it, before you say..."thank you KOFT"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore :  I have no idea what you`re even referring to...i posted that thread in order to p*ss brady off enough that he would improve his game,which seemed to be faltering.  and..guess what? he really DID get better...so i don`t know what you`re all crying about.
    Posted by koft

Yes, I am sure Brady scours messageboards for inspiration to play at a higher level.

How old are you?  14?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Posted by koft

If you are insinuating that your comments and this thread is the reason that Brady and the Patriots are playing great then........This is the stupidest comment I have ever read on these boards!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : Yes, I am sure Brady scours messageboards for inspiration to play at a higher level. How old are you?  14?
    Posted by BBReigns

well. in point of fact...neither you nor i really knows the answer to that question now do we? what we DO know, is that brady does know people who might log on here once in awhile. that`s a distinct possibility...as well as  who might share a few choice threads with him once and while to let him know what "the masses" are really thinking....you never know. who would have thought that yuri andropov would not only read a letter from 10 year old samantha smith...but write her back!! no...never could have happened. should have locked up her mother in a looney bin for ever rasing that possibility....and taken away her daughter as well for child abuse!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:c8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731Post:0ad38245-56be-464c-a30e-d8a477ef119e">Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore:
    In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : sorry, but i don`t follow hockey. anyway, i really tried to P*ss TB off...so he would possibly [pick his game up. well...what happened? IMO he hasn`t been the same since 2007 so he was in need of a fire lit under his ars*. . anyway, i`ll repeat...what are you bozo`s so angry at anyway? [do you sub-consciously believe that brady really was shown my thread and it bothered him big time.] if so, just come out and say it, before you say..."thank you KOFT"
    Posted by koft

I guess what I'm trying to say is you gave up on TB after the Jets game and now you're trying to spin it into some inspirational message to Tom direct through BDC.
    I'm also trying to say that Brady's play hasn't gotten better, the overall team play has. They've learned how to hold onto the ball, they've learned how to execute each and every play and a lot more. The one thing that I've seen stay consistant is Tom Brady and for you to try and sleeze any kind of credit (if you're serious) for probably never even going to Gillette makes me sick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ac8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:c8c06f62-7998-4530-86a1-ec78a76e8731Post:0ad38245-56be-464c-a30e-d8a477ef119e " /> Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : I guess what I'm trying to say is you gave up on TB after the Jets game and now you're trying to spin it into some inspirational message to Tom direct through BDC. I'm also trying to say that Brady's play hasn't gotten better, the overall team play has. They've learned how to hold onto the ball, they've learned how to execute each and every play and a lot more. The one thing that I've seen stay consistant is Tom Brady and for you to try and sleeze any kind of credit (if you're serious) for probably never even going to Gillette makes me sick.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

i make you "sick"?  then hint hint go and have another sam adams. seriously, i didn`t like the way he was been playing and wondered what it would take for him to get better. remember all those games when he "petered out" once the first half was ova? well, does that happen anymore? thank you koft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

How can anyone who has watched the Pats this season even ask this question? Clearly Brady's heart is still in it to win it. get a clue.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

easy for you to say that now..once he`s about ready to win another MVP. very very easy i say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : If you are insinuating that your comments and this thread is the reason that Brady and the Patriots are playing great then........This is the stupidest comment I have ever read on these boards!
    Posted by Rocky

It's pretty clear that's what is going on here. I guess if he (she?) is 10, it's cute and all, but even still...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Ah yes, I love it when old threads are brought back to life.  That should be a ritual at the end of every season.  A week or two of bring old threads back to life to see how off base some of us were, or how correct.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : If you are insinuating that your comments and this thread is the reason that Brady and the Patriots are playing great then........This is the stupidest comment I have ever read on these boards!
    Posted by Rocky

again...you never know. the difference between a team going crazy-good, and going into freefall, sometimes is very very slight...like having their QB get REALLY REALLY angry them...as  well.  sometimes, that could possibly make the difference. life really isnt all that logical, sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Ah yes, I love it when old threads are brought back to life.  That should be a ritual at the end of every season.  A week or two of bring old threads back to life to see how off base some of us were, or how correct.
    Posted by carawaydj

We're taking it to a whole new level here though, taking personal credit for how much Brady's play has improved based on his post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Thank you Koft. I truly believe that your thread did in fact get read by Brady. I think it inspired him to play better. We owe the success of this season to you. If the Patriots do win the superbowl, I really hope they order a ring for you too because you are very deserving. I hope Brady will let you spend a couple nights with Giselle as well. After all, he does owe you pretty big since you got his career back on track and all. But most of all, we, a nation of Patriot fans, owe you big. And so I raise my Sam Adams to you: Here's to Koft, the poster who redeemed a once-doomed frachise. May he live to be a billion!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: is Brady`s heart into football anymore : We're taking it to a whole new level here though, taking personal credit for how much Brady's play has improved based on his post.
    Posted by Muzwell

Yeah, that is pretty insane.  Everyone knows it was a conversation I was having at a bar in Boston that got back to Brady that really got him fired up. Cool

Sections
Shortcuts