Newest Patriot/Scarlett Knight

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Newest Patriot/Scarlett Knight

In response to jri37's comment:

Certainly all these Rutgers bodies & others from his college coaching connections in camp are head scratchers. The ONLY thing I can think of is that BB feels comfortable knowing that these players he gets from these programs will be  more familiar with the type of schemes they are running in NE... I know it is a reach but I can't come up with any other explanation.

I think it's more then that though. I think he feels more comfortable knowing that the player will fit his personality profile that he wants. That they will be smart leaders with strong work ethics and high motors (grinders). Which for role players and depth guys I give a huge thumbs up for. You won't always find Dennards or Hern's in the mid to late rounds and you do need high character guys who will push their limits for you every game, but at some point you need the high talent players too. Imo, day 1-2 the scouts and talent evaulators should have a fairly large say in the pick and shouldn't be scratching their heads why player X was the pick (BB still has final say though). All day 3 picks and UDFA's I'd let BB run wild with guys he likes because it seems to be one of his great strengths. Finding great depth pieces and hard working team players in the late to UDFA rounds. In the end it's BB's team but it's goes the way of Brady. Having the grinders is great when you have an all time great at QB but when that guy is missing grinders won't get you very far. Yes, I know Cassel almost got them to the playoffs but that was with an extremely easy path and they went from a 16-0 team keeping most of its pieces to not making the playoffs so there was a major drop off without Brady.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This might sound a bit morbid but I hope I die before Brady retires! What a drop off!! I mean from darn near perfection to the totally unknown! After Bird left the C's I knew their true glory days were caput, The Bruins spent a long time in the doledrums after Orr went off to Chicago, and God only knows why it took the Sox from 1919 until 2004 to be really prominant again. I've been blessed in my world of Boston sports teams as all of them have won multiple Championships in my lifetime and I'd hate to see another abyss occur in my lifetime. Like I said I think as a Patriots fan that we are all going to be very sad the day TB calls it a day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

This might sound a bit morbid but I hope I die before Brady retires! What a drop off!! I mean from darn near perfection to the totally unknown! After Bird left the C's I knew their true glory days were caput, The Bruins spent a long time in the doledrums after Orr went off to Chicago, and God only knows why it took the Sox from 1919 until 2004 to be really prominant again. I've been blessed in my world of Boston sports teams as all of them have won multiple Championships in my lifetime and I'd hate to see another abyss occur in my lifetime. Like I said I think as a Patriots fan that we are all going to be very sad the day TB calls it a day.

It's called greed. The owners of those teams were more interested in maximizing profits than winning championships!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'm starting to think our scouting department consists of Steve Belichick, a van and a pound of medical marijuana.

Lol, Pretty Much!

Sections
Shortcuts