Next 5 Games Will Be Telling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Next 5 Games Will Be Telling

In response to coolade2's comment:

Good point, their cushion in the division is zero.  agree about the competition but freeman, Jackson and Williams are good, if not great.

Disagree on tempering enthusiasm.  If you can't get excited about this defense you should maybe recharge the defibrillator...

I'm actually more excited about the offense than the defense because I think the rooke WRs and TE have some decent upside.  In regards to the defense, this is the year that they need to make a statement (this goes for Patricia too). No more excuses about not having the personnel to do stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Pats winning 3 or more of the next five means the rest of the league should watch out. They probably compete for home field advantage.

Pats losing 3 or more simply means their progress is on going. Antcipating that they get back Amendola, Gronk and Vereen in the second half, it will be hard to see how they won;t be a better team then. It will be hard to keep them out of the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130922-jim-donaldson-nice-win-for-pats-but-contenders-await.ece

I think this is where we will find out how far the team has come....or not.  The sooner injured starters can come back, the better. If not, the rookies will have to continue to learn and grow.  In addition, we'll find out how good the defense is.

Don't need to see in 5 games.  The next 3 games will tell us how far the Pats can go since they will play Falcons, Saints and Bengals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

There is much football to be played. These 3-5 games are not the end all be all for this team. The rookies just need to keep progressing and the D needs to build off what it has done to date.

The season and what this team will be begins a week after the Bye. They have a 5 game stretch Den @ home, @ Hou, Cleve home, @ Mia, @ Balt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Good point, their cushion in the division is zero.  agree about the competition but freeman, Jackson and Williams are good, if not great.

Disagree on tempering enthusiasm.  If you can't get excited about this defense you should maybe recharge the defibrillator...

I'm actually more excited about the offense than the defense because I think the rooke WRs and TE have some decent upside.  In regards to the defense, this is the year that they need to make a statement (this goes for Patricia too). No more excuses about not having the personnel to do stuff.

Agree on no excuses.  If you have the players, which they do , it allows BB and Patty to play it more straight and conservative and still get results like low yardage totals and points (d ranked #2 in points allowed).

Even though we may never see it since it would represent a change in philosophy, a shift to more pressure packages and blitzing would be fun to watch with the core players now in their primes and the young guys emerging (jones highto, dennard).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

The Cincy Game will be a great test to our OL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to profootball's comment:

Don't need to see in 5 games.  The next 3 games will tell us how far the Pats can go since they will play Falcons, Saints and Bengals.

the Jets game is away, then a home game vs. Miami.  Those two teams are going to get better too - and are more important since they're division rivals (plus, the team would have more "control" to create separation with division teams).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

There is much football to be played. These 3-5 games are not the end all be all for this team. The rookies just need to keep progressing and the D needs to build off what it has done to date.

The season and what this team will be begins a week after the Bye. They have a 5 game stretch Den @ home, @ Hou, Cleve home, @ Mia, @ Balt.

true. Those games aren't exactly gimmees either....lol.  But, the next five games the Patriots will have a chance to define their identity Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

The real season begins with the pre-Thanksgiving game against the Broncos; the next five games are against the Texans, Browns, Dolphins, Ravens and Bills. That stretch will tell us how far this team will go. All the missing pieces will be back (barring unforeseen further injuries to key players), the rookies will be experienced, and the defense will be set.

Between now and then, if they can go 4-2, or even 3-3, against Falcons, Bengals, Saints, Jets, Dolphins and Steelers, they should be in very good shape for the final push.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Interesting how the season is has developed to help the Pats. Each week they have been presented with an opponent that is a little tougher than their last one (in my opinion), and I think the trend will continue right up to the Saints. Its like they are learning to walk before they can run. 

That first Miami game could be real must-see TV too IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to BelichickDisciple's comment:

Interesting how the season is has developed to help the Pats. Each week they have been presented with an opponent that is a little tougher than their last one (in my opinion), and I think the trend will continue right up to the Saints. Its like they are learning to walk before they can run. 

That first Miami game could be real must-see TV too IMO.

i have to agree, thought the falcons game would be a loss in their dome, but if fins beat them they can be had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

@jeffphowe Belichick said first challenge is finding Jones and White, "then covering them, that's where the fun starts."

Sections
Shortcuts