Next Dynasty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Next Dynasty?

People were hyping up PIT as the next dynasty, but its looking like it could be GB.  Theyve got a long way to go, as I think most of us agree that you need at least 3 titles in a short time span to be considered a dynasty.  What they have going for them in no particular order:

1. Good Head Coach
    2. Relatively Young Team
    3. Good G.M.
    4. Won title his seasonwith 15 on I.R and 6 of them starters...one of them being Finley who I think when healthy, totally transforms their offense.
    5. They have an elite young QB

The draft, FA, plus the injured players they get back should really reload this team.  Only thing really holding them back next season are more potential injuries and a super bowl hangover.  I think theyve shown they can overcome injuries, its all about the hangover. 

Pretty soon we might be hating them to

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Next Dynasty?

In Response to Next Dynasty?:
    People were hyping up PIT as the next dynasty, but its looking like it could be GB.  Theyve got a long way to go, as I think most of us agree that you need at least 3 titles in a short time span to be considered a dynasty.  What they have going for them in no particular order: 1. Good Head Coach 2. Relatively Young Team 3. Good G.M. 4. Won title his seasonwith 15 on I.R and 6 of them starters...one of them being Finley who I think when healthy, totally transforms their offense. 5. They have an elite young QB The draft, FA, plus the injured players they get back should really reload this team.  Only thing really holding them back next season are more potential injuries and a super bowl hangover.  I think theyve shown they can overcome injuries, its all about the hangover.  Pretty soon we might be hating them to
    Posted by dapats1281

No, I don't think we could hate them because they are in the NFC. Let's face it other then the Cowgirls most Pats fans hate(In no particular order), The Jets,Dolphins, Colts, Steelers,Broncos, Raiders. You don't see any NFC team  who we hate other then Dallas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

As long as Rodgers doesn't get hurt, they can win many more SB.
    When healthy they might very well be the most complete team in the past 10 years.  A great offense and a dominant defense. It is scary just to think about how much they are better than the Pats as a whole. Better WR's, better RB's, better DB's, DE's and LB's.  Oh and their QB isnt far behind either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Let's not quite go there yet. You never know who's going to hold out because they feel they deserve more money now. Injuries happen. The NFC, to me, will be more competitive going forward than the AFC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Pretty sure most pats fans hate that other NY team more than the broncos and raiders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

We hate the Jets and Dolphins because theyre in our division

We hate the Steelers and the Colts because they are our rivals because of theyre pretty much the only two teams to play at our lvl for the past decade.

No NFC team has been that consistent this past decade like the AFC teams, which gives us no reason to hate

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Next Dynasty?:
    Not ready for dynasty just yet. Did you see how many Packers players dropped like flies? Tells me they were a bit of a subterfuge ready to let go at any minute.
    Posted by TFefio

and they overcame it all. nobody plays perfect. the game is about overcoming the imperfection

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

GB is a "clean" team. Hard not to like them, with quality guys like Rogers and Mathews. They just play football the old fashioned way.

No boasting idiots, like the entire jests organization, no high sleaze factor of an Oakland and low life rapists like the stealers.

I'm real happy to see them beat the stealers and would like to see us have another go at them in next years SB, but they're a long way from a dynasty. 

The Pats' isn't exactly over yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Talk of GB as a dynasty is about as relevant as last years talk about the Saints becoming a dynasty.  Dynastys are the Cowboys in the 90's and the Forty Niners in the 80's.  Teams that win one Super Bowl in a decade are not Dynastys.  The Pack haven't won anything significant since 1996.  Now suddenly I see all over the place that they are set to go till the next millenium.  Jeez get a grip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Don't expect any more dynasties in this era. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In the last ten years, ten different teams have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.  The Packers are good, but if Philadelphia had made two makeable field goals in the wild card game, Green Bay would not have been in the Super Bowl.  In the NFC championship game, they beat the Bears, who were not a great team, by just a touchdown.  They barely beat the Steelers despite three turnovers. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Guys, I may be ignorant or something but I just don't see it! I dont understand all the talk about the Packers. I didnt feel that they were any better than several teams this year. Rodgers is good but not great. Clay is good and will be good for a long time but what am I missing here? Favorites to win the SB next year, um, why because they barely beat a flat steelers team in the SB? I'm not buying into the hype.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Every year we hear this.  New Orleans was supposed to be this team last year and Pitt the year before. Indy before that.

The reality is, the margin for error is so thin, health is vital, degree of difficulty is so high, it's unlikley a dynasty will ever form again.

What NE did was beyond incredible.

It's easy to argue what NE is doing is as strong as what GB is doing right now. Obviously, GB is new back onto the scene as an upper ecehlon team after winning the SB, so they'll get the hype.

GB will now have a big, fat target on their backs, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Seems to me Steelers ARE a dynasty...thats 3 SB appearances in the last 5 years.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Seems to me Steelers ARE a dynasty...thats 3 SB appearances in the last 5 years.....
    Posted by ccsjl

Mere appearances don't count.  Two wins against unimpressive opponents doesn't make a dynasty. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What?  2 SB wins in the last 6 seasons is not a dynasty.

Denver winning 2 SBs back to back is fantastic, but it's not dynasty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The NFC has sent a different representative to the Super Bowl 10 consecutive years and hasn't had a repeat conference champion since a different version of the Packers turned the trick 13 years ago. Green Bay went on a nice little run at the end of the year, but it was also within a whisker of missing the playoffs . . .  and let's not forget that "the most complete team in the league" struggled mightily to outdistance a team that turned the ball over three times.

The Packers may, indeed, have a run of excellence in them, but I'm going to need a little more evidence than what I've seen to this point -- and I'd like to see Aaron Rodgers take a few more hits -- before I label them favorites to be the next big thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I never thought the Saints would be a dynasty. Reason why I think the packers have a chance is because they played this season with a ton of backups.

I think most people expected a dropoff from the Saints. There defense was not that great last season, they were just very opportunistic.

The Pack were a top 10 offense and top 2 defense this season.
    Their offense will be getting a number 1 rb and an game changing te back

Defensive will be getting their defensive captain back and a decent safety.

Add that with the development of the younger players who stepped up this season.  Future is promising.

Ill backtrack and wont say theyre the next dynasty.  but theyre the closest thing to it in my opinion

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Absolutely. And it's because they weren't yet.   2 SBs isn't a Dynasty. 3 in 4 years without question is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Couldn't care less if the Pats were ever to be considered a dynasty or not.. this is a media driven discussion, nothing more, nothing less.  No one can agree what a dynasty truly means.  Patriots won those 3 SBs in 4 years in the first half of the 00's, and the Steelers won a couple in the second half.  But, the Pats appeared in 5 AFCCG games, 4 SBs with 3 SBs wins within 7 years.  Pitt has appeared in less of each and won less.  So, which team is the better case for a dynasty tag?  Depends on your opinion!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

With the youth of the Packers then the Pats getting young and with a lot of early draft picks this year, don't be surprised if the Pats and Pack meet up in a couple Super Bowls over the next 5 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Agreed on the AFC analysis. 9 out of the past 10 years, we have seen either the Steelers, Colts, and Patriots in the Super Bowl. And the Raiders were a total flop.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Couldn't care less if the Pats were ever to be considered a dynasty or not.. this is a media driven discussion, nothing more, nothing less.  No one can agree what a dynasty truly means.  Patriots won those 3 SBs in 4 years in the first half of the 00's, and the Steelers won a couple in the second half.  But, the Pats appeared in 5 AFCCG games, 4 SBs with 3 SBs wins within 7 years.  Pitt has appeared in less of each and won less.  So, which team is the better case for a dynasty tag?  Depends on your opinion!
    Posted by agcsbill

The media coined it a dynasty and Bruschi and Phifer were recorded as knowing it would be a dynasty if they won SB 39.

It's a dynasty.

Arguably the NFL's most impressive due to the salary cap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

GB the next Dynasty after barely winning the Superbowl this year.

Absurd.

The fact is GB executed better than the Steelers in that game, however, the Steelers basically gave GB the game with their 3 turnovers.

Even after the 2nd turnover, the Steelers came roaring back, and had GB back on their heels.

The Steelers would have easily won that game if they executed their game plan properly.

I not taking anything away from GB. They are the SB champs. They won that game fair and square. However, if the Pats or the Steelers are on their game, GB wouldn't have beat either. 

They are a very good team. A Dynasty they are not.

Sections
Shortcuts