next on the block ... Danny Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

next on the block ... Danny Amendola

After watching the Tim Wright video the Patriots clearly have an overstocked stable of capable pass receivers. If BB can continue to work his "bang for the buck" magic,  Dealing Amendola for anything in return  (Offensive lineman perhaps...?)  makes sense.  

Package him with Mallett and you can dangle that bait and trade the cap hits for a proven OL.    Who would be the takers?  Texans, Rams, Bills, Raiders, any team with an underperforming offense.   Hey what about the NY vaJiants?  They lost nicks and Eli needs a fire under his asz....   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: next on the block ... Danny Amendola

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After watching the Tim Wright video the Patriots clearly have an overstocked stable of capable pass receivers. If BB can continue to work his "bang for the buck" magic,  Dealing Amendola for anything in return  (Offensive lineman perhaps...?)  makes sense.  

Package him with Mallett and you can dangle that bait and trade the cap hits for a proven OL.    Who would be the takers?  Texans, Rams, Bills, Raiders, any team with an underperforming offense.   Hey what about the NY vaJiants?  They lost nicks and Eli needs a fire under his asz....   

[/QUOTE]

I would be in support of moving Danny, but I would want a DL or lb or pick in return. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I know many here have disdain for DA but if this kid stays healthy we are a looking at a very athletic 75 + catch  receiver that has the ability to work outside the numbers, inside the numbers and in the seams... I am going to predict he stays healthy and has a solid year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Can't see it.  

1. Which teams needs a slot WR that bad?  Any?

2. His injury history will keep many teams away.

3. One year of health does not convince me Edelman can now stay healthy for most of the season.  It would be a big risk trading DA.  What if we did so and Edelman reverts to his injured self?

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I mean.... look at the receivers.   YOu can't keep all of them.  So who goes...?   Wright could be a flop but probly not.  He brings size to the table and a little shake to get separatiion.   The video posted really shows his skill at getting open and catching the ball.  He may not be a burner (4.6?)  but he looked more like a slow Randy Moss  than a TE.    He can beat your basic LB and outreach your basic safety...  with exceptional hands.  I think he will emerge on this team this year...  as long as he's not damaged goods.

So your roster looks like...

Edelman seems like the only lock. Out of  Thompkins, Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, who has really separated themselves?  Then you have Tyms who looks like a keeper after his suspension.  YOu keep different guys for different reasons.

With Slater in as a ST...  Thats a lot of bodies.  So , With Wright as a hybrid TE/ receiver he more likely takes a receiver off the roster than a Hooman,  IMO.

Bang for the buck bubbye to Danny if you can make a deal with a team that could use a quick slot guy and a developing QB (Mallett).  What can you get in return?  Wheeler Dealer part 2...  Find the team with the underwhelming offense or injury prone QB or both.  I think the Raiders should get a call since Shaub has looked lost with no-one to throw to.  He also has a concussion history.  Mallet would be a tasty throw-in for a team.  INstant offensive potential and you give up one of your Oline guys that BB likes who has some size and production to his resume.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't see it.  

1. Which teams needs a slot WR that bad?  Any?

2. His injury history will keep many teams away.

3. One year of health does not convince me Edelman can now stay healthy for most of the season.  It would be a big risk trading DA.  What if we did so and Edelman reverts to his injured self?

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

the browns could use some help. Hoyer or manzel could use a good slot receiver.  Amendola for Phil Taylor straight up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no thanks - Eli doesn't need any "fire" under anything he needs to get comfortable in a completely new system after ten years in the same one and he is currently doing it with a new OL that needs to gel and w/o their top draft pick in Odell Beckham...growing pains and rough spots and it is gonna take time hopefully not more than the first few games but we will see...main reason is who needs a guy who plays 8 games a year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no thanks - Eli doesn't need any "fire" under anything he needs to get comfortable in a completely new system after ten years in the same one and he is currently doing it with a new OL that needs to gel and w/o their top draft pick in Odell Beckham...growing pains and rough spots and it is gonna take time hopefully not more than the first few games but we will see...main reason is who needs a guy who plays 8 games a year?

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^  Lmao...  Mallett is probably a better QB than Eli  at this stage.  Eli has lost whatever mojo he once quasi - had... AS if he could just turn it on like in the old days after throwing 25 picks.  He looks befuddled.  ANd your receivers look worse.   8 games out of amendola might produce 8 wins which is about all you should hope for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know many here have disdain for DA but if this kid stays healthy we are a looking at a very athletic 75 + catch  receiver that has the ability to work outside the numbers, inside the numbers and in the seams... I am going to predict he stays healthy and has a solid year.

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^  Lmao...  Mallett is probably a better QB than Eli  at this stage.  Eli has lost whatever mojo he once quasi - had... AS if he could just turn it on like in the old days after throwing 25 picks.  He looks befuddled.  ANd your receivers look worse.   8 games out of amendola might produce 8 wins which is about all you should hope for.

[/QUOTE]

Mallett couldn't carry Eli's jock and has accomplished zero in his clipboard holding career...no thanks on Danny IR but if u lose him u will have lost Welker for 8 games and a no show post season from Danny IR...not good GM work there BB...btw u gotta let that bitterness go Coolio it will eat you up and stress is no good for anyone...just admit Pats can't beat the Giants and move on...let it go u will feel better

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

+3  . . .  DA and Edelman will have 175-200 between them this year! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We have good receiver depth for the 1st time since 2007. Let's keep as many as possible.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The only way I could see this happening is if he had a contract that wouldn't hurt our cap, which he doesn't.

I do see the logic...we essentially have three guys who will play similar slot type rolls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

+3  . . .  DA and Edelman will have 175-200 between them this year! 

[/QUOTE]

+4 (couldn't resist).... I'd be happy with 150 catches and see both remain healthy this year. DA is overdue for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably the Texans. Played at TT and his high school won the Division 5 State Championship. He'd feel at home there and they could probably spare him his health with less dink and dunkers provided by the Pats' O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither one can complete a 15 yard slant route. 70%? It's only been done 5 times and PM was one of those QBs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The question is Boyce VS Tyms...

Amen stays healthy this year, Patriots have two 1000 plus receivers, Dobson or Lafell leads them in YPC.  A healthy Gronkowski might be a third 1000 yard receiver.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

While I think trying to move DA long term might be good, I wouldn't trade a guy who is proven in your system until the next guy has proven the same thing. 

I'd love to get away from the DA salary though. Good player, but too fragile for my taste. He is injured every single season. 

Long term, if Wright can play here, I agree with your premise though. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think too many underestimate DA like they underestimated others. And he is also insurance that we have a blue chip slot guy if JE goes down at any point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I do not understand the logic with ditching known commodities and knowing what you have. Whether it be Amendola or Arrington, why thin out the herd now? It makes no sense.

Mankins was dealt for a variety of reasons including the idea that BB feels good about his interior OL depth.

The Pats have two of the best short range WRs in the league in Edelman and Amendola.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think too many underestimate DA like they underestimated others. And he is also insurance that we have a blue chip slot guy if JE goes down at any point.

[/QUOTE]

Well, there is that. But at $4.6 million against the cap, I think the eyebrows are raised. If he were working for "insurance policy" money, everyone would love him.

[object HTMLDivElement]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I look at Amendola's deal and see it this way. If we had to pay 10 million guaranteed to Welker or Amendola, and WW  wouldn't take it, it made perfect sense to give it to Danny. He will probably play this year out, which is the same 2 years Welker would have had, but can be cut next year at a cap savings of 2 million. Or he could and probably would take a pay cut. The deal is not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

I agree he is over payed, but it still made sense given the need for a WW replacement. Luckily we already had talent in Edelman and Amendola isn't quite as critical.

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I think trying to move DA long term might be good, I wouldn't trade a guy who is proven in your system until the next guy has proven the same thing. 

I'd love to get away from the DA salary though. Good player, but too fragile for my taste. He is injured every single season. 

Long term, if Wright can play here, I agree with your premise though. 

[/QUOTE]

how is he "proven" in the Pats system?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

how is he "proven" in the Pats system?

[/QUOTE]

He had 54 catches for 633 yards in 12 games last year.  He had 3 100-yard games.  His problem was staying on the field, but when he was on it, he proved he was on the same page as Brady and got the offense.

Sections
Shortcuts