Next up...Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Next up...Philly

Slow start tonight but a great finish by the Patriots. Turn the page on this one.

Only real threat for the rest of the season is Philly next week.  Lot's of nicked up Pats players tonight, next week has me a little nervous with Philly. 

Thoughts...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Next up...Philly

I think Philly is thinking the same thing! :) I do agree it could be tough but Bill will have the team ready. Tom said it best that they need to get off to a better start.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Most teams have caught on that you double Welker and Gronk and let Branch and Benny try to beat you. Fortunately the only thing that stops Gronk, is Gronk. The lack of a deep threat continues to do harm.

The D did a good job, albeit even with Cassel the Chiefs only average 15 a game. But the emergence of a pass rush from Carter and Anderson on the line bodes well. I guess BB figured picking up 4 DLs would have somebody emerge, and they did.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Next up...Philly:
    [QUOTE]Most teams have caught on that you double Welker and Gronk and let Branch and Benny try to beat you. Fortunately the only thing that stops Gronk, is Gronk. The lack of a deep threat continues to do harm. The D did a good job, albeit even with Cassel the Chiefs only average 15 a game. But the emergence of a pass rush from Carter and Anderson on the line bodes well. I guess BB figured picking up 4 DLs would have somebody emerge, and they did.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Don't sleep on Wilfork and Love as pass rushers either.  They were getting enough push that they could get sacks if teams overcompensate for the outside DEs.  As for the Eagles, the key is pass rush lane integrity and perhaps sending an extra man into the face of Vince Young to force him into quick bad decisions

And Gronk and Hernandez could go off - the Eagles still don't have great linebackers or safeties, just Ballard of the Giants is slower than quicksand

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If McCourty and Chung don't play we have a damn good chance. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

maybe Spikes can play next week !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The rest of the schedule is hardly a gimmee... sure, the Polian-led gutless Colts game is a gimmee, and the Bills haven't been playing well of late, but Philadelphia just beat the Giants in NJ, the Broncos are never easy in Denver, Washington should have beaten Dallas, and Miami is winning games....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I'll join the chorus- Philly in Philly will be tough.
    Stating the obvious- PATS have to play 60 minutes.
    The upcoming schedule may look like the "easiest" on paper- but is hardly the case in reality.
    Given the Jeckel/Hyde play of the PATS this season- the phrase "any given Sunday"- is one that rings loud and clear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]I think Philly is thinking the same thing! :) I do agree it could be tough but Bill will have the team ready. Tom said it best that they need to get off to a better start.
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

If I may quote the general: "No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

glad I will be at the philly game, I will be the guy in the red throwback, getting thrown from the stands LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]glad I will be at the philly game, I will be the guy in the red throwback, getting thrown from the stands LOL
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Try to land on Vick or Jackson and take them out....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I'll join the chorus- Philly in Philly will be tough. Stating the obvious- PATS have to play 60 minutes. The upcoming schedule may look like the "easiest" on paper- but is hardly the case in reality. Given the Jeckel/Hyde play of the PATS this season- the phrase "any given Sunday"- is one that rings loud and clear.
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]
    A season to date record may not be a true indicator of how a team is currently playing.  Look at Miami, winners of three straight!  Buffaloe appears to be on a slide as they are not benefiting from the defensive plays they got when they were winning.  While Denver has the "Tebow" adrenalin going and in Denver it seems the Pats have their problems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Spank city. Patriots win

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Next up...Philly:
    [QUOTE]Slow start tonight but a great finish by the Patriots. Turn the page on this one. Only real threat for the rest of the season is Philly next week.  Lot's of nicked up Pats players tonight, next week has me a little nervous with Philly.  Thoughts...
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Philly for sure, but also I think we better watch out for Miami and the Bills.  Neither will be easy, Miami is rising and the Bills will get off the mat sooner or later.  They are winnable games, but I think not too easy.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

AN OPPOSING SCOUT BREAKS DOWN THIS WEEK'S PATRIOTS-EAGLES MATCHUP

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

^^^I can't seeMiami going into NE on a cold day in Dec. and putting up any kind of fight. As for Buffalo I think they shot their wad and are toast, same for jests.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I see no reason we can not beat Philly by at least 10+ points. Their secondary sucks and I know Brady could go deep on them. Their offense can be stopped by even the worst NFC teams and they have a revolving door of questions every game.

As far as Miami and Buffalo at the end of the year, as mentioned above, these teams are coming to our house during a very cold part of the year. I hope it snows both games, because last time I checked we make teams look like a joke during snow bowls.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope if we win the coin toss BB takes the ball first(should be  a no brainer on the road), so we can get the offense synched up early. let the defense have time to watch the offense score and come out and protect the lead.

Sections
Shortcuts