Next week is going to be amazing as a fan, especially us Patriots fans.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Next week is going to be amazing as a fan, especially us Patriots fans.

So many FA's being talked to, talked about and the rumors are crazier then ever!  A lot of speculated money is being throw around, it's amazing how so many teams are in cap trouble yet huge dollar numbers are being talked about this offseason.  And the teams who do have a lot of money to spens seem like they are willing to spend it pretty freely.  I can't remember another time during an off season that there was this much excitment so soon, especially with so many news outlets on the web.  It's crazy and only going to get crazier and more exciting these next few days.

With what we have heard so far what are your guesses will happen here in Patriot land?  Who do you see the Patriots getting, doing with their own FA's?

I think Welker is a lock to come back.  All I have heard and read the past few days is teams are going to have to throw a lot of money Welkers way to get him to leave the Patriots.  I think when it comes down to it he will be a Patriot for the rest of his career.

I have thought Edelman and Woodhead are locks to come back.  But now I think Edelman could be leaving, especially with Welker back.  I think he goes to the Browns.  However, I think Woodhead remains a Patriot.

Talib... I think the Pats pay for someone else to come in and will let Talib go.  I like Smith from the Dolphins at 6'3", 216 lbs to come in and replace Talib.  It will cost some money but he is young, big and will become a very good CB for the Patriots.

Vollmur will be back.

As far as receivers go, I think the will pick up Cribbs and end up keeping Lloyd.  Bring in Stallworth for training camp and see where he is at.

What are your thoughts goin into next week?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Next week is going to be amazing as a fan, especially us Patriots fans.

I'm clueless...trying to read BB's mind is like trying to read a book in a foreign language that you don't understand. 

I do think we will see at least 1 signing at the following positions:

CB, WR, S, and OL...maybe DL  but I get a feeling BB is going to look to the draft for this one...if he grabs a DL, it will be a situational pass rusher like Freeney IMO.

Based on the reports, CBs seem to be what he's going after hard. I haven't really heard any rumors about Talib, which could be good or bad. I would think he will at least look at Reed and Adrian Wilson, but who knows.

I feel like Lloyd's return is 50-50. When do they have to cut him by if they choose to?

It will be an exciting FA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So many FA's being talked to, talked about and the rumors are crazier then ever!  A lot of speculated money is being throw around, it's amazing how so many teams are in cap trouble yet huge dollar numbers are being talked about this offseason.  And the teams who do have a lot of money to spens seem like they are willing to spend it pretty freely.  I can't remember another time during an off season that there was this much excitment so soon, especially with so many news outlets on the web.  It's crazy and only going to get crazier and more exciting these next few days.

With what we have heard so far what are your guesses will happen here in Patriot land?  Who do you see the Patriots getting, doing with their own FA's?

I think Welker is a lock to come back.  All I have heard and read the past few days is teams are going to have to throw a lot of money Welkers way to get him to leave the Patriots.  I think when it comes down to it he will be a Patriot for the rest of his career.

I have thought Edelman and Woodhead are locks to come back.  But now I think Edelman could be leaving, especially with Welker back.  I think he goes to the Browns.  However, I think Woodhead remains a Patriot.

Talib... I think the Pats pay for someone else to come in and will let Talib go.  I like Smith from the Dolphins at 6'3", 216 lbs to come in and replace Talib.  It will cost some money but he is young, big and will become a very good CB for the Patriots.

Vollmur will be back.

As far as receivers go, I think the will pick up Cribbs and end up keeping Lloyd.  Bring in Stallworth for training camp and see where he is at.

What are your thoughts goin into next week?

I have serious doubts regarding Lloyd's return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think it is clear and easy what BB will do. 

I think he has drawn a line on each free agent and won't budge over that line. I think he feels he has his core with TB, Vince, Mankins, Bronk, Hern, Mayo and won't pay anyone more than them. He will look for vets that may have something left in the tank, and will sign many of them hoping he hits on a couple. He will trade back in he draft. 

Look for 2 aging CB's signed, 4 aging WR signed, with Wes also signed but Talib and Vollmer and Arrington gone.

2013 due to superior coaching and Brady, Pats are 12-4 against a really down AFC East, hope for home field advantage in the playoffs, and hope we don't see a physical team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone.  But the more I think about it the more I think he stays.  He has one season under his belt with TFB and the Patriots, he put up some pretty good numbers and the whole locker rooms stuff didn't come out until this past off season.  I know the Pats are good at keeping things behind closed doors but you would have thought that at one point during the season these problems would have came out. Yet no reporters who are in the locker rooms ever mentioned it.  If I am reading correctly the money is good for him to stay with a cap hit of $4.5 mill, his dead money is $5 million, so  think he stays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Cutting Lloyd seems like a bad idea,due to how cheap he is in a very thin market. I don't get the logic in it unless BB has some wild and surprising set of moves in place a la 2007, ironically when Welker came here.

Also ironically, poor TFB12 will be crying in his beer if BB pulls the rug out on Welker, with Welker thinking he has the leverage here.

Next week might not be so amazing for you, TFB12. lol

I'd walk from Vollmer's bloated price, let Woodhead's bloated price move on as well, and focus on CB, WR and possibly FB.  I'd still love to see Michael Robinson in here somehow or someone like that.

If Welker does walk, resign Edelman and try to lure Arrington back. Would be a shame for moron teams paying nickels 5 mil per, ruin a good thing for Arrington and the Pats.

That will be a sad day as a Pats fan for me if they Let Welker Walk.  I think he is just too important to the team and will be a big mistake to let him go, especially if he signs with a top team.  Ouch!! 

I think Arrington stays.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

I hope he gets jettisoned

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I too think that Wes will ultimately remain a Patriot.  He will take SLIGHTLY less money to stay with Brady.  I actually think Talib will return as well, and for less money than you think due to the flooded market.  I think Vollmer will be gone, as will Edelman. Someone will offer them significantly more than they are worth to us.  Look also for a vet CB (Woodson?) and a vet Safety (Quin?).  I think Lloyd is gone and that we will bring in a quality WR to replace him.  I think that BB will be slightly more aggressive with Free Agency this year than he has been in the previous few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Something is going on at WR in a big way if they cut Lloyd,  because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Mike Freaking Wallace is the key WR target at a possible 10 mil per? Umm, no.   That's a problem if it's a think market and that guy is setting it. Huge problem, so it makes no sense to have a solid/good flanker already under contract at under 4 million in 2013, headphones and not a sociable guy or not.

And, I am not talking resigning Welker. I am talking a big FA move on the outside and maybe a trade as well.

Something will be up for BB if they don't resign Welker, too. Big time. Talking some kind of multi-team trade and another curious WR move on top of that.

Brady didn't restructure for no reason.

I agree, if Welker goes there is something big in the works.

Let's just say Welker goes to bring in Wallace.  Would you like that move? Or would you rather them keep Welker over Wallace?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Lloyd is a gonner'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald money....

Ya...an I want my hair back....

Neither one is happening.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Something is going on at WR in a big way if they cut Lloyd,  because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Mike Freaking Wallace is the key WR target at a possible 10 mil per? Umm, no.   That's a problem if it's a think market and that guy is setting it. Huge problem, so it makes no sense to have a solid/good flanker already under contract at under 4 million in 2013, headphones and not a sociable guy or not.

And, I am not talking resigning Welker. I am talking a big FA move on the outside and maybe a trade as well.

Something will be up for BB if they don't resign Welker, too. Big time. Talking some kind of multi-team trade and another curious WR move on top of that.

Let's just say Welker goes to bring in Wallace.  Would you like that move? Or would you rather them keep Welker over Wallace?

i just hope they at least resign WELKER first, even if they do nothing else offensively, and the load up on defense, I do like cribbs though, and a great kick off returner too!

old saying is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

i just hope they at least resign WELKER first, even if they do nothing else offensively, and the load up on defense, I do like cribbs though, and a great kick off returner too!

old saying is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?

We are on the same page, NOISE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Get a good CB, we really need help at this position even if Talib resign we need another CB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Miami is trying their best to copy the BB plan as they seem to have cooled on Wallace and have entered serious negotiations with Brandon Gibson of STL! This is a tactic BB has employed on several occassions.As for Vollmer leaving I don't think the Patriots will just let him walk so if a team signs him they will be paying through the proverbial nose!! I can't get a handle on the Welker and Talib negotiations but I'm pretty sure BB has already extended fairly decent offers to each guy's agent. I hope I'm right about my guesses and that BB chases Osi or Harrison or even Big Seymour for b/u third down type of D-line help. Tuesday at 4pm gents all the posturing will end and the BB reign of instilling terror will begin The Rise of the Hoodie:Dark Day!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think next week may actually be pretty boring for Pats fans as some expect lots of activity and I think BB may just wait out the frenzy. I do think Wes signs and maybe before Tuesday noon. Beyond that, I think BB has his eyes on a number of players but will wait until the numbers come down a little bit.

If Welker does not sign, then maybe there is a big name receiver signed early - Amendola, Jennings, Wallace.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather have Wallace and Edelman over Welker and Stallworth

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts