Next week/Playoff Seeding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Next week/Playoff Seeding

What should the Pats do next week? I think they should sit most of the starters, especially Brady because I don't think it makes much of a difference who they have to play in round one, and possible playing the Colts in Indy would be better than the Chargers in San Diego in Rd 2. So I think they are better off taking the 4 seed for this scenario to set themselves up.  If they were to get the 3 because Cincinnati implodes, so be it.  And another reason TB shouldn't see the field next week? The knee eater Bernard Pollard himself.  Probably wouldn't mind taking out his knee again. On that fact alone, I keep Brady out.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Next week/Playoff Seeding

Bye week!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I think thats the best course of action myself.  I fear Brady being on the same field with that dude...if nothing else..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Brady will play at least 2 or 3 drives, but I do think they will be cautious with him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I am never in favor of any team laying down against any opponent.

This is the same thing a lot of folks around here rag on the Colts for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats need to play so that Houston earns the win, if they win at all.  Pats have such a great string of games going, to lay one down now is not in BB's game plan.  They will fight for the win, but, maybe not at the cost of losing a player who could use a breather.  It is a nice position to be in, isn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

win

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

True, there is a lot to be said for not laying down.  But with a possible chance to decide who you play in the second round, and which would be a potential better matchup, then I think you do the smart thing.  Rest the dinged up guys.  How much would it benefit Welker to have a week where he's not being absolutely drilled?