Any word on whether the following will play:

Gronk?  Collie?  Kelly?

We need them all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Next week

Washington?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At this point it seems we just want a HEALTHY roster of 53 players!!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

10/06/13 CB Kyle Arrington GROIN PROBABLE   10/06/13 RB Brandon Bolden KNEE QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 WR Aaron Dobson NECK QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 TE Rob Gronkowski BACK, FOREARM QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 5 at Cincinnati 10/06/13 LB Dont'a Hightower KNEE QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 LB Jerod Mayo ANKLE QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 RB Stevan Ridley KNEE OUT Missed Week 5 at Cincinnati 10/06/13 WR Matthew Slater WRIST DOUBTFUL Missed Week 5 at Cincinnati 10/06/13 T Will Svitek KNEE PROBABLE   10/06/13 WR Kenbrell Thompkins SHOULDER QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 T Sebastian Vollmer FOOT QUESTIONABLE   10/06/13 RB Leon Washington THIGH QUESTIONABLE Left Week 5 at Cincinnati 10/06/13 S Tavon Wilson HAMSTRING QUESTIONABLE Missed Week 5 at Cincinnati 09/17/13 DL Armond Armstead Illness   NFI. Out until at least Week 7 at N.Y. Jets 09/17/13 WR Mark Harrison Foot   NFI. Out until at least Week 7 at N.Y. Jets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Next week we'll see how legitimate the defense really is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

They said that before the Atlanta game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

They said that before the Atlanta game.

They'll say it in Week 17 when we're 12-4 and have the best D in the AFC, too.

...and all this hand wringing from this loss to the Bengals will be forgotten when the playoffs start!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

With Vereen and Ridley out...and the poor running game against Cinn., we'll be throwing the ball as much or more than NO.

but with Thompkins and Dobson limping and Gronk seeing limited action at most, Danny A. is going to be a vulnerable target.  Hope he doesn't get reinjured as a result.  We need him to win against good teams down the road.  

Against NO, we lose the passing game and the running game (without VW).  Better to get completely healthy and relaunch with more offensive weapons and balance and win the following 4 relatively easy games and get to 8-2. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

stick to basketball

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Gronk?  Collie?  Kelly?

We need them all.

I think Washington is only here because Vereen is on IR until mid November.  Maybe they let him go, still. He does nothing and I think hurt his leg anyway.

Collie I can see going. Gronk has to be a must at this point.  Kelly, we won't know until the practice report comes in.

Onne thing  I will say about Kelly....NOs has no run game. Pierre Thomas is good, but Ingram is hurt again and they really aren't running it well at all this year.

1. THey have not had to.

2. They have depth issues at the position.  Thomas has miles, Sproles is a scatback.

This week is very similar to Cincy where the D will need to be  good pass D and contain the run from helping Brees at all.

To me, it's harrass and double Graham like they did with Gonzalez but don't wait for the red zone.  

NOs WRs don't scare me with Talib and Dennard with the way they're playing. Hopefully, Arrington and Hightower's hammies are ok because we will need them in this one for Graham and Sproles.

On offense for us, run the ball. Get it established and expose they;re overrated 3-4 that is playing well above its head so far, giddy Sean Payton is back in town.

Brady loves going against a 3-4 especially if he sees zone.

Actually, the Saints have run more 4-3 and 4-2-5 than they have 3-4 thus far.  The defense has been playing short handed on the line and should be getting much needed players back this week.  And Miami doubled Graham the whole first half and got ripped apart by Sproles on mismatches.  As for the RB corps, there is plenty of depth.  Khiry Robinson and Travaris Cadet are getting their chance with Ingram out and are both looking good.  And don't let the rushing numbers fool you.  The Saints use the short out as a long hand-off on any down.  As Pats fans you should know better.  And Colston should scare you at WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to AsylumGuido's comment:

Gronk?  Collie?  Kelly?

We need them all.

I think Washington is only here because Vereen is on IR until mid November.  Maybe they let him go, still. He does nothing and I think hurt his leg anyway.

Collie I can see going. Gronk has to be a must at this point.  Kelly, we won't know until the practice report comes in.

Onne thing  I will say about Kelly....NOs has no run game. Pierre Thomas is good, but Ingram is hurt again and they really aren't running it well at all this year.

1. THey have not had to.

2. They have depth issues at the position.  Thomas has miles, Sproles is a scatback.

This week is very similar to Cincy where the D will need to be  good pass D and contain the run from helping Brees at all.

To me, it's harrass and double Graham like they did with Gonzalez but don't wait for the red zone.  

NOs WRs don't scare me with Talib and Dennard with the way they're playing. Hopefully, Arrington and Hightower's hammies are ok because we will need them in this one for Graham and Sproles.

On offense for us, run the ball. Get it established and expose they;re overrated 3-4 that is playing well above its head so far, giddy Sean Payton is back in town.

Brady loves going against a 3-4 especially if he sees zone.

Actually, the Saints have run more 4-3 and 4-2-5 than they have 3-4 thus far.  The defense has been playing short handed on the line and should be getting much needed players back this week.  And Miami doubled Graham the whole first half and got ripped apart by Sproles on mismatches.  As for the RB corps, there is plenty of depth.  Khiry Robinson and Travaris Cadet are getting their chance with Ingram out and are both looking good.  And don't let the rushing numbers fool you.  The Saints use the short out as a long hand-off on any down.  As Pats fans you should know better.  And Colston should scare you at WR.

Thomas and Sproles concern me especially if they get in the open field. After watching talib the last 2 weeks against Julio Jones and A J Green I am not as concerned with Colston as I would normally be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

With Vereen and Ridley out...and the poor running game against Cinn., we'll be throwing the ball as much or more than NO.

but with Thompkins and Dobson limping and Gronk seeing limited action at most, Danny A. is going to be a vulnerable target.  Hope he doesn't get reinjured as a result.  We need him to win against good teams down the road.  

Against NO, we lose the passing game and the running game (without VW).  Better to get completely healthy and relaunch with more offensive weapons and balance and win the following 4 relatively easy games and get to 8-2. 

If the Patriots dont run the ball down NO's gut until they stop it then I am going to kidnap Josh McD until the season is over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Like the Patriots last week, the Saints are playing their second tough road game in a row. That's in our favor. Besides, the NFC is overrated. Look at what the Colts did to the 49ers and Seahawks. The AFC leads 17-9 over the NFC so far this season. Watch the Jets beat the Falcons tonight. Cool

Go Sox!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

If the Patriots dont run the ball down NO gut until they stop it then I going down and kidnap Josh McD until the season is over.

The Saints havce been stout against the dedicated run.  Did you see how they shut down Forte?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Considering what Talib and Dennard are doing to teams WRs these days, no, Colston does not scare me.  Roddy White, Julion Jones and AJ Green scare me.

Are you a Saints fan?ome of it. Will Smith's injury is devastating and a big reason why they can't run it as much as they'd like.  Take away Graham and Sproles and you beat NOs.

This will be the first real offense you will be facing. Jay Cutler sucks.

Finally, we aren't Miami and coached by Philbin.  Don't you worry, little Saints guy.

First of all, I am not a "little Saints guy".  I am very well versed in the NFL and have been a fan of the Saints since 1967. 

And where are you coming from with the Will Smith injury and how it in any way affects the Saints run game?  Will Smith, to those familiar with the team, was likely to be pegged as a backup once the season started.  He has been on a decline the past two years.

Take away Graham and Sproles ... LOL!  How do you propose to do that?  None of the REAL defensive coordinators have managed to solve that so far.  You have to pick your poison.  You can't use a CB on both because that means you have a LB on Colston, Stills, Moore or Toon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm saying for next week we put Talib on Graham w Mcourty shadowing but a chip from an OLB on his way out. make sense? dennard can eat Colston alive now. and i trust Mayo to not get destroyed by Sproles, hopefully. maybe chip sproles out of the backfield.

sounds easy, certainly isnt. we will find out how good this D is this week

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Hey, look, they've played well.  Vaccaro was a nice pick.  Greer can still play on the CB. I just think they were so giddy to get Payton back and have this attitude, that they are playing above what they really are right now.

As the season goes, IMO, the D will fade a bit.  Losses of Coleman, Smith and Robinson will loom large.

Offensively, obviously, Saints are balanced and dangerous.

The defense hasn't even started to play.  They will be getting back two key defensive linemen this week and will improve every week.  Losses of Coleman, Smith and Robinson?  Once again, that shows how little you know about the Saints.  Coleman had never played a snap for the Saints and with the way Cam Jordan and Akeim Hicks are performing he would have been no more than depth at DT.  As I explained earlier, Will Smith was already on his way out.  He had no shot of starting.  And, please, Patrick Robinson.  He would not have made the roster at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The Saints havce been stout against the dedicated run.  Did you see how they shut down Forte?

[/QUOTE]

You consider 18th in the league against the run giving up 5.4 per attempt stout?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I'm saying for next week we put Talib on Graham w Mcourty shadowing but a chip from an OLB on his way out. make sense? dennard can eat Colston alive now. and i trust Mayo to not get destroyed by Sproles, hopefully. maybe chip sproles out of the backfield.

So, who's on Stills on the out route and who is covering Jed Collins in the flat?  That's the problem.  The second you put a CB on Graham you have created a huge mismatch some place else.  You know as Pats fans how successful this can work when you used to have the weapons yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Well, we took away Gresham and Bernard this week. I do agree Graham and Sproles are a notch above as is Brees a lot better than Dalton.

Considering you have no AJ Green, we have Talib on Colston, BB will funnel his coverage inside to take away the seams. They'll jam Graham with LBs in the red zone in man.

I am somewhat chuckling at you acting like Bill Belichick won't be able to draw up schemes he can rotate to slow your offense down. He has the most tools to do that in years.

As for Will Smith, who are you kidding? He was kicking outside to 3-4 OLB and he got hurt.  It's a big reason why Ryan can't run much of it now. He doesn't have the length at 3-4 OLB.

Sorry, you sounded like a teenager with your first post but good job being a loyal fan for so long.    I like your organization, actually.  Overall, a class operation and it was fun watching you win that SB.  The fans and city deserved it.

[/QUOTE]

^^^ see my post above for possible gameplan ^^^^^

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Actually, I do.  The few big running plays have had no affect on the game.  When it counts they have held on the run big time.

You consider 18th in the league against the run giving up 5.4 per attempt stout?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

So, who's on Stills on the out route and who is covering Jed Collins in the flat?  That's the problem.  The second you put a CB on Graham you have created a huge mismatch some place else.  You know as Pats fans how successful this can work when you used tohave the weapons yourself.

arrington, stills is a joke. Who is Jed Collins lol... cmon, if you said whos covering LAnce Moore or Devery Henderson i'd agree with a mismatch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

So, who's on Stills on the out route and who is covering Jed Collins in the flat?  That's the problem.  The second you put a CB on Graham you have created a huge mismatch some place else.  You know as Pats fans how successful this can work when you used tohave the weapons yourself.

arrington, stills is a joke. Who is Jed Collins lol... cmon, if you said whos covering LAnce Moore or Devery Henderson i'd agree with a mismatch.

Lance Moore was out last week.

This guy should be wondering who on earth will be doubling Gronk when he's giddy to return on Sunday.

exactly, Gronk and DA. Seams will open up DA underneath and Edelman can go outside and catch some bubble screens to use his PR abilties to make plays. they double Gronk that is whats happening. if they dont double gronk... well... goodluck then.

and if moore is out again this week that is huge. Arrington isnt great in coverage but Stills sucks and I trust Gregory to step up on Toon or whoever they throw out there

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Well, we took away Gresham and Bernard this week. I do agree Graham and Sproles are a notch above as is Brees a lot better than Dalton.

Considering you have no AJ Green, we have Talib on Colston, BB will funnel his coverage inside to take away the seams. They'll jam Graham with LBs in the red zone in man.

I am somewhat chuckling at you acting like Bill Belichick won't be able to draw up schemes he can rotate to slow your offense down. He has the most tools to do that in years.

As for Will Smith, who are you kidding? He was kicking outside to 3-4 OLB and he got hurt.  It's a big reason why Ryan can't run much of it now. He doesn't have the length at 3-4 OLB.

Sorry, you sounded like a teenager with your first post but good job being a loyal fan for so long.    I like your organization, actually.  Overall, a class operation and it was fun watching you win that SB.  The fans and city deserved it.

^^^ see my post above for possible gameplan ^^^^^

[/QUOTE]

Wrong!  Will Smith was getting eat up at 3-4 OLB.  His limited success came when they shifted into the 4-3 and he got to come in off a single blocker with Cam Jordan getriing doubled on the other side.

His absence has no affect on the alignment percentages.  The 3-4 has been holding the opposing offenses early downs to short yardage allowing them to shift to the four man front to pressure the QB without the blitz.  The Saints sacks are coming from base defense primarily, not from the blitz.

I have watch every snap of Will Smith's career and have loved that career, but it was over.  He was shot.  It was sad to watch him out there with those athletic kids running circles around him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Be here all week.  Got to get dinner ready.

• Sections
    Shortcuts