Next week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Next week

In response to AsylumGuido's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, we took away Gresham and Bernard this week. I do agree Graham and Sproles are a notch above as is Brees a lot better than Dalton.

Considering you have no AJ Green, we have Talib on Colston, BB will funnel his coverage inside to take away the seams. They'll jam Graham with LBs in the red zone in man.

I am somewhat chuckling at you acting like Bill Belichick won't be able to draw up schemes he can rotate to slow your offense down. He has the most tools to do that in years.

As for Will Smith, who are you kidding? He was kicking outside to 3-4 OLB and he got hurt.  It's a big reason why Ryan can't run much of it now. He doesn't have the length at 3-4 OLB.

Sorry, you sounded like a teenager with your first post but good job being a loyal fan for so long.    I like your organization, actually.  Overall, a class operation and it was fun watching you win that SB.  The fans and city deserved it.

[/QUOTE]

^^^ see my post above for possible gameplan ^^^^^

[/QUOTE]

Wrong!  Will Smith was getting eat up at 3-4 OLB.  His limited success came when they shifted into the 4-3 and he got to come in off a single blocker with Cam Jordan getriing doubled on the other side.

His absence has no affect on the alignment percentages.  The 3-4 has been holding the opposing offenses early downs to short yardage allowing them to shift top the four man front to pressure the QB without the blitz.  The Saints sacks are coming from base defense primarily, not from the blitz.

I have watch every snap of Will Smith's career and have loved that career, but it was over.  He was shot.  It was sad to watch him out there with those athletic kids running circles around him.

[/QUOTE]

how am i wrong lol? rusty made that comment....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, we took away Gresham and Bernard this week. I do agree Graham and Sproles are a notch above as is Brees a lot better than Dalton.

Considering you have no AJ Green, we have Talib on Colston, BB will funnel his coverage inside to take away the seams. They'll jam Graham with LBs in the red zone in man.

I am somewhat chuckling at you acting like Bill Belichick won't be able to draw up schemes he can rotate to slow your offense down. He has the most tools to do that in years.

As for Will Smith, who are you kidding? He was kicking outside to 3-4 OLB and he got hurt.  It's a big reason why Ryan can't run much of it now. He doesn't have the length at 3-4 OLB.

Sorry, you sounded like a teenager with your first post but good job being a loyal fan for so long.    I like your organization, actually.  Overall, a class operation and it was fun watching you win that SB.  The fans and city deserved it.

[/QUOTE]

^^^ see my post above for possible gameplan ^^^^^

[/QUOTE]

Wrong!  Will Smith was getting eat up at 3-4 OLB.  His limited success came when they shifted into the 4-3 and he got to come in off a single blocker with Cam Jordan getriing doubled on the other side.

His absence has no affect on the alignment percentages.  The 3-4 has been holding the opposing offenses early downs to short yardage allowing them to shift top the four man front to pressure the QB without the blitz.  The Saints sacks are coming from base defense primarily, not from the blitz.

I have watch every snap of Will Smith's career and have loved that career, but it was over.  He was shot.  It was sad to watch him out there with those athletic kids running circles around him.

[/QUOTE]

how am i wrong lol? rusty made that comment....

[/QUOTE]

Got to get used to this new forum.  It is hard to follow the comments.

Okay, Rusty was wrong.

Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

>>The Saints havce been stout against the dedicated run.  Did you see how they shut down Forte?

You consider 18th in the league against the run giving up 5.4 per attempt stout?

>>Actually, I do.  The few big running plays have had no affect on the game.  When it counts they have held on the run big time.

[/QUOTE]

That 18th is based on Yards per game!

Most teams give up on the run becasue the Saints are 3 TD's ahead so the run defense never get really tested.

They are actually dead last in yards per carry, the important stat of 5.4ypg  that ghostofjri37 mentioned.

This is not due to long runs. The long runs each game this season vsNO  are: 14,26,21,28,50..which is not out of line with every other team.

The Pats should be able to get at least 4.0 ypc as they are above average when they actually try to run. Thats means being able to grind out a few 1rst downs.

Good as the Patriots defense is keeping Brees and co. off the field is a solid strategy.

But don't worry NO fan..it is likley the Patriots will try to have  a shootout before decimating NO with the run which will bring them to their 2nd straight loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2p8RvhV0QU

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I predict Gronk will be 100% now.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hey, look, they've played well.  Vaccaro was a nice pick.  Greer can still play on the CB. I just think they were so giddy to get Payton back and have this attitude, that they are playing above what they really are right now.

As the season goes, IMO, the D will fade a bit.  Losses of Coleman, Smith and Robinson will loom large.

Offensively, obviously, Saints are balanced and dangerous.

The defense hasn't even started to play.  They will be getting back two key defensive linemen this week and will improve every week.  Losses of Coleman, Smith and Robinson?  Once again, that shows how little you know about the Saints.  Coleman had never played a snap for the Saints and with the way Cam Jordan and Akeim Hicks are performing he would have been no more than depth at DT.  As I explained earlier, Will Smith was already on his way out.  He had no shot of starting.  And, please, Patrick Robinson.  He would not have made the roster at all.

But, but, but...

Patrick Robinson DID make the roster. I thought you were a Saints fan...? He made the 53-man roster and was placed on IR back in September.

Might I encourage you to be slightly less condescending when coming to another team's board, or, better yet, find a Saints board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'm saying for next week we put Talib on Graham w Mcourty shadowing but a chip from an OLB on his way out. make sense? dennard can eat Colston alive now. and i trust Mayo to not get destroyed by Sproles, hopefully. maybe chip sproles out of the backfield.

sounds easy, certainly isnt. we will find out how good this D is this week

So, who's on Stills on the out route and who is covering Jed Collins in the flat?  That's the problem.  The second you put a CB on Graham you have created a huge mismatch some place else.  You know as Pats fans how successful this can work when you used tohave the weapons yourself.

Yeah, and us Pats fan realize just how easy it is for an intelligent coach with defensive weapons to shutdown a high-powered offense. We saw it in the playoffs repeatedly. 

The Saints aren't the same team on the road. A tough test? No doubt. As impossible to stop as you're presenting them to be? No way.

If the offense can control the ball, prevent turnovers, and if the defense can continue to perform as they have thus far, there's no reason to think the Pats can't pull it out. That's not to say they will, but it's not as improbable as you seem to think. Humility and humbleness are amazing things. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I get it , it is 42and46 now as a Saints fan...give him a few more games to learn his team.

er, new team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

I get it , it is 42and46 now as a Saints fan...give him a few more games to learn his team.

er, new team

Laughing

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts