Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team

If Schaub was playing instead of Yates, there is no doubt in my mind that the Texans do not turn the ball over and end up winning the game. But there is a silver lining for the Texans. The future looks bright for the Texans. Next year they'll get Schaub back and have a QB who can actually make plays. Arien Foster will continue to be one of the best running backs in the NFL. Mario Williams will come back to sure up an already really good defense. If Andre Johnson can stay healthy for a whole year to reassert himself as one of the best wide recievers in the league. Added to Foster, Daniels, Walter and Jones to create a great offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team

You might be right.  They seem pretty strong at all areas.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I wonder if Wade Phillips gets another head coaching job soon. That guy can coach defense that's for sure. Too bad he is such an uninspiring head coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Probably although I think Foster and Williams are free agents next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Really got a feeling the Pats and Texans will be meeting up a few times in future playoff games. Maybe they replace the Colts as a new nemisis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They were playing the best football of any team prior to the Schaub injury and that was without Andre.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm not sold on Kubiak as a head coach though. Before this year they were real underachievers. They got lucky with Peyton Manning's injury. I do not think the Colts were superbowl contenders with Manning but I do not believe the Colts would have completely quit like they did under Painter.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

They are the most complete team in the NFL. They need to draft another WR or someone else to attract attention away from Andre in the secondary. That would be absolutely lethal for their play action and draw plays...

and Schaub needs to stay healthy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team:
    [QUOTE]They are the most complete team in the NFL. They need to draft another WR or someone else to attract attention away from Andre in the secondary. That would be absolutely lethal for their play action and draw plays... and Schaub needs to stay healthy
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

They have pretty good tight ends and Walters is not a bad reciever. There is certainly room for an upgrade but i would say they are not hurting for weapons. Their back up running back is better than most team's starting running back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Wade Phillips + a strong group of young mean and fast LBs = top tier D
    the Texans need a QB just like BAL though. Schaub or whoever they got now wont do. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bengals have 2 first rounders they could make the jump as well. Although not stellar they made the playoffs with a rookie QB. Its time for the Texans to pony up cash for some players, they may need to re-tool some.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Agreed. The barometer is pointing up. 

That defense is so young. 

They did really well.

Now add Schaub and Mario Williams. That team will be a force. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team:
    [QUOTE]If Schaub was playing instead of Yates, there is no doubt in my mind that the Texans do not turn the ball over and end up winning the game. But there is a silver lining for the Texans. The future looks bright for the Texans. Next year they'll get Schaub back and have a QB who can actually make plays. Arien Foster will continue to be one of the best running backs in the NFL. Mario Williams will come back to sure up an already really good defense. If Andre Johnson can stay healthy for a whole year to reassert himself as one of the best wide recievers in the league. Added to Foster, Daniels, Walter and Jones to create a great offense.
    Posted by FcukUPayMe[/QUOTE]

I love their defense. They do have a bright future. But, you never know. Injuries are the great equalizer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Schaub going down was their undoing this year.  Very strong D (Wade Phillips is a hell of a D-Coord but a totally crappy H/C.  To the specific point, the Texans most definitely look like a strong team going forward.  Let's see how Kubiak does with a strong D as well as a strong O.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They are built very well and are very balanced and young. They need another 2nd receiver. Ocho should be available 0_0. They had the formula. Lean on Foster and the D and Schaub making the throws that any above average QB can make which he can to keep teams honest. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Texans are already pretty much in the AFC's top tier, with the exception of the Patriots who are quite alone on top.  The team just had to play an away game against a team that had a bye week, and they played pretty much to their forecasted form, not losing that badly to the Ravens.  They'll have a better quarterback next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I thought that the '76 Patriots would be contenders for years to come, same with the '85 Bears. Sh!t happens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Avatar910. Show Avatar910's posts

In Response to Re: Next year the Texans will be a top tier AFC team:
    [QUOTE]Probably although I think Foster and Williams are free agents next year.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

All:  What are the chances of Mario W. getting a call from the Pats?  His replacement played pretty well this year, and he'll be very expensive for the Texans.  Might he be a valuable addition to our D?

23. This post has been removed.