Next Years WRs draft Class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Next Years WRs draft Class

According to NBC sports.com...as of right now (yes early) 4 WRs are the top 20 prospects going into next season

4.  Jonathon Baldwin 6-5 225 lbs...basketball background so you know he can jump up for it

8. AJ Green 6-4 204 lbs, said to to be fearless down the middle and elite downfield speed...only problem is injuries

11. Julio Jones 6-4 215 lbs 4.45 40 and 38.6 inch vertical

12. Michael Floyd 6-3 220 pound...was emerging as Clausens number 1 over tate till he broke his collarbone

Ill admit i havent seen much tape of these guys yet, but reading that theyre top 20 prospects right now and looking at their size, i cant help but be intrigued.  From now till next years draft some of these guys will obviously drop, if they declare, while others rise.

But just looking at their size, theyre the big WR we could use if Moss leaves after this season.  what do you guys think.   i know we will have needs in OLB, DE and RB next season but if these guys are first rd talents...lets just say i wouldnt mind spending a first on of them

Tate and Price could end up bein good wrs, but these guys may be special...or at least 1 of them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Re: Next Years WRs draft Class

mark ingram should be in the next years draft so its, WR vs RB and id put my money on drafting a WR

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

That's a great list. I'm really hoping though that Butler and McCourty show enough so that we don't have to spend another early round pick on a cornerback. With the first pick, I'm hoping that the Raiders put us in position to take Dareus. With Warren and/or Wright, we probably have a good enough bandaid at right end that we still have a strong defense this year. Dareus would get us that strong playmaker, making the position one of strength instead of weakness. With the 2nd pick, hopefully we have Von Miller or Evan Royster (or Jonathan Baldwin) fall to 32.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

For anyone who don't know much about Baldwin, do yourself a favor and watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE2jhSG3bEs

Yes, Green and Jones are the top receivers next year, but Baldwin would be awesome for us, and could be had mid-teens instead of top-ten. Michael Floyd might be a better scheme fit, though.

As for my number one target next year, that's Robert Quinn. Beast. Aldon Smith would be a good consolation prize, if he declares.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

ricky,
    Thanks for posting. These are all intriguing prospects. I don't think Quinn fits as a RDE because of his size. Seems a bit light to man that position in our 3-4. 

I think next year we clean our running back stable up a bit. Get rid of Morris & Taylor, draft Ingram (i wish), and pair him with Maroney, or let Maroney walk. 

The WR position is a big "depends". Even if Moss walks, assuming Price, Tate make leaps, that leaves us with Welker, Edelman, Price & Tate. Price & Tate play outside, Edelman and Welker the slot. With Gronk and Herby, that could be enough. As much as I would like to see the Pats grab a big, beefy #1 WR, I can't see BB spending a 1st on one, and this is where these guys will probably go.

Also, there are quite a few FA WR's next year to keep an eye on. Just an option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No way the Pats draft a WR or RB next year. After fixing the secondary, the DL and OL are next on Belichick's to do list. 

Price is the WR going forward. Enjoy it people.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

We need to see how this years WR class pans out! Im thinking about, Price & Tate. Maybe there are sum nice WR in the next years FA. Of course we need to give Brady his tools but, tate should be up and going cuz hes been learning the playbook. We cant expect much by Price, but we can get a small indication of what kinda player he will grow to be. But we need a RB, i hope LM gets cut next year, SM, KF, FT, how long can they play? We will get all these answers as the season starts!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

You really got to love the HEIGHT on these guys !  WOW! It would be great to add one of these guys for BRADY!! 

BB will take WHOEVER Is on TOP of HIS board!!  He does things his way - so if it is a WR or RB on top of his board - He'll take it!  Just b/c they haven't gone this route the past few years doesn't mean he won't next years draft - If the right guys are there - he'll pull the trigger. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

After this years draft, I can see us drafting a RDE, OT or OLB with the OAK pick.  I still want Patrick Peterson CB, but dont realistically see that anymore even if I think he is going to be one of those once a decade CBs. 
    I do see us picking up a FA Wr.  BB has shown he likes established WRs and someone like Floyd from SD would be a nice larger target at a reasonable price point.  I do see us grabbing a Rb in that draft, maybe even 2.  I hope we get Noel Devine with a late 2nd or move up in the 3rd.  And with our high 2nd get a between the tackles guy.  Lastly I see a lineman with our actual 1st, OG or OT depending on how people progress this year and who leaves.  And of course several picks traded into 2012

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmyjones666. Show Jimmyjones666's posts

In Response to Re: Next Years WRs draft Class:
    After this years draft, I can see us drafting a RDE, OT or OLB with the OAK pick.  I still want Patrick Peterson CB, but dont realistically see that anymore even if I think he is going to be one of those once a decade CBs.  I do see us picking up a FA Wr.  BB has shown he likes established WRs and someone like Floyd from SD would be a nice larger target at a reasonable price point.  I do see us grabbing a Rb in that draft, maybe even 2.  I hope we get Noel Devine with a late 2nd or move up in the 3rd.  And with our high 2nd get a between the tackles guy.  Lastly I see a lineman with our actual 1st, OG or OT depending on how people progress this year and who leaves.  And of course several picks traded into 2012
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

LOL..You've never even seen any of these guys play. LMAO Noel Devine has got what it takes Huh? Any ggod O-Lineman that have the technique your looking for. RTFLMAO. Great post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Jimmyclueless, yes I have watched them play.  That is why I like Devine as our K Faulk of the future.  Peterson I have watched in detail and he might not make it out of the top 5.  Here is a dollar, buy a clue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Too early to think about what position let alone what players would be best to take in early rounds of 2011 draft.

As for 2010 I am personally happy the Patriots didn't take Dez. I am not saying he will not be a good player he may well be a solid WR for years to come but I am just not sold on him. I never saw him as a can't miss and that is what I want my first pick to be. McCourty was a guy I had on my "long" list of can't miss players, but Honestly I never saw it coming (as far as Patriotts taking him) till draft day when I saw the local paper mention the Patriots liked him. THen when you look at the AFC east in particular you see how upgrading your DB's is a good idea.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

When has Belichick ever drafted a WR in the 1st round?  Exactly...never.  I'm hoping it's Greg Romeus that they draft with the Raider pick. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmyjones666. Show Jimmyjones666's posts

Jimmyclueless, yes I have watched them play.  That is why I like Devine as our K Faulk of the future.  Peterson I have watched in detail and he might not make it out of the top 5.  Here is a dollar, buy a clue.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Wow, you can read someone elses material. Your a moron! This guy is the greatest a year before he might even come out and then when $h!ts the bed you'll forget you even knew the guy. And Peterson..Wew, that guy is unbelievable. I'm sure you have a whole wall full of tape on him. You're a typical idiot that reads an article and searches out highlight film but has no idea what you're looking at or whether the guy will cut it in the NFL. Everyone looks good on highlight film and when they're playing against mediocre college talent. Get a life loser. You should change your name to mediocrebloodmoon because your scouting skills are about as sharp as a marble.

Get a life Moron

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Next Years WRs draft Class : Wow, you can read someone elses material. Your a moron! This guy is the greatest a year before he might even come out and then when $h!ts the bed you'll forget you even knew the guy. And Peterson..Wew, that guy is unbelievable. I'm sure you have a whole wall full of tape on him. You're a typical idiot that reads an article and searches out highlight film but has no idea what you're looking at or whether the guy will cut it in the NFL. Everyone looks good on highlight film and when they're playing against mediocre college talent. Get a life loser. You should change your name to mediocrebloodmoon because your scouting skills are about as sharp as a marble. Get a life Moron
    Posted by Jimmyjones666

Troll, Leon, whatever, the one with no life.  I watch games, not just highlight film.  Yes I read articles, probably something u are incapable of doing.  So why don't u go back to asking people if they want fries with that, cause we all know that is your career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Next Years WRs draft Class : Draft guys get all excited about the skill positions - especially WR and RB, and then BB drafts a DE to replace Seymour!! Why did you guys hate the McCourty pick? - because he is not Dez, not a skill position player, and you get yourself all excited a year in advance and then you are mortally disappointed. Are you going to do the same thing even though BB never never never takes a RB or WR with a top 20 pick?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

never, never, never? are you sure?

1992 cleveland browns, tommy vardel, RB, picked #9 overall by BB.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_query.cgi?pos=ALL&round_1=1&round_2=1&tm=cle&year_1=1936&year_2=2009&conference=any&type=

Sections
Shortcuts