NFC/AFC Championship Game Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: NFC/AFC Championship Game Picks

The real game is Atlanta by 5.  Patriots are likely to do better than 9.5 points because Baltimore's defense has just played 184 snaps in two weeks, if you include the plays canceled by penalties.  Crawling onto the field isn't good enough, especially when the Pats' offense specializes in the opponent's mistakes under time pressure.  Meanwhile the Patriots played their fourth quarter against Houston starting from four scores ahead, and they enjoyed the bye week before that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

The real game is Atlanta by 5.  Patriots are likely to do better than 9.5 points because Baltimore's defense has just played 184 snaps in two weeks, if you include the plays canceled by penalties.  Crawling onto the field isn't good enough, especially when the Pats' offense specializes in the opponent's mistakes under time pressure.  Meanwhile the Patriots played their fourth quarter against Houston starting from four scores ahead, and they enjoyed the bye week before that.

Hope you're right, Paul. Would like nothing better than to see the Pats really take it to the Buzzards.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just can not understand how people see the Falcons beating the 49'ers.  I know the on any given Sunday quote, but really? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I just can not understand how people see the Falcons beating the 49'ers.  I know the on any given Sunday quote, but really? 

GA Dome, Been There, Loud And Crazzy..Edge Falcons.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Umm, yeah, really. Atl blows out Seattle last week if they didn't stop running the ball and Ryan doesn't throw that second dumb pick.

I just can't see why so many fans think Kaepernick is this superstar because he has a great run game and is new to the league with a gimmick offense.  Aaron Rodgers was right today when he said the read/option will go away, too, meaning the Wildcat is long gone.  Gimmicks don't take long to be erased in this league.

Good luck with the gimmicks, but I'll take the sure thing.  Tony Gonzalez wants a ring, Ryan wants a game in the SB. Atlanta has good corners.   Turner can run and their two WRs are studs. Plus, you know, they're at home?  Gee, what a novel concept. A dome team at home beats a rookie QB who is over-confident.

Last two times Kaepernick went into loud outdoor or stadiums? Awful. He was awful in Seattle and St. Louis. That ego is pumping, too. The cocky arrogance wih the spike and kissing of the arms. Someone is going to break those stick legs. Might be this weekend.

Enjoy the gimmicks. 

I feel the same about Kaepernick. He has a different style that teams haven't all figured out yet. Looks like Seattle may have the last time they played but once everyone else does he isn't going to be so special. He's kind of annoying too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

All this analyzing etc etc

All that has to happen for the Pats to win is for me to put $100 on the Ravens getting the points. I couldn't win a coin toss with a 2 headed coin. If I bet it, SURELY the opposite will happen. I shlt you not

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

A snowball in Miami stands a better chance of survival, than the Falcons this Sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Amen. A snowball in Miami stands a better chance of survival, than the Falcons this Sunday.

I agree with you Texas Pat & I really want to see SF-Pats in SB.

Would have last year but for 2 bonehead fumbles letting the dredded Giants in. I think Pats would have beaten Alex Smith but, if not, it wouldn't have hurt as much as losing to NY twice in 3 years. Darn, why didn't Welker catch that ball !!! 

Here’s the big problem for the Falcons.  Kaepernick is in their heads, I think, and they really don’t know what he is going to do. If they try to defend his scrambling, read option designed runs, they need spread out their ends and linebackers. SF with one of the NFL’s best offensive lines,  can then probe the middle of an undersized front four that averages 271 pounds. Atlanta ranked 21st in the NFL in run defense (123.2 yards a game) this season and defensive end John Abraham is nursing an ankle injury that limited him to 15 snaps Sunday against Seattle. Thus Gore and James can tear up the middle or go off tackle & they can rack up yards that way and they have been a very good running team.  Getting to Kaepernick & sacking him isn’t going to be easy as he’s very elusive and can run to either side looking for an open receiver and/or take off.

And regarding the 49ers defense…it’s better than Atlanta’s …don’t you think ???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Amen. A snowball in Miami stands a better chance of survival, than the Falcons this Sunday.

Would have last year but for 2 bonehead fumbles letting the dredded Giants in. I think Pats would have beaten Alex Smith but, if not, it wouldn't have hurt as much as losing to NY twice in 3 years. Darn, why didn't Welker catch that ball !!! 

Here’s the big problem for the Falcons.  Kaepernick is in their heads, I think, and they really don’t know what he is going to do. If they try to defend his scrambling, read option designed runs, they need spread out their ends and linebackers. SF with one of the NFL’s best offensive lines,  can then probe the middle of an undersized front four that averages 271 pounds. Atlanta ranked 21st in the NFL in run defense (123.2 yards a game) this season and defensive end John Abraham is nursing an ankle injury that limited him to 15 snaps Sunday against Seattle. Thus Gore and James can tear up the middle or go off tackle & they can rack up yards that way and they have been a very good running team.  Getting to Kaepernick & sacking him isn’t going to be easy as he’s very elusive and can run to either side looking for an open receiver and/or take off.

The Falcons had loads of trouble dealing with Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Kaepernick is a similar type of player. The difference is that he's surrounded by better personnel. I see the Falcons having two chances...slim and none.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

The Falcons had loads of trouble dealing with Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Kaepernick is a similar type of player. The difference is that he's surrounded by better personnel. I see the Falcons having two chances...slim and none.

No. They had little trouble with Wilson.  The Ryan pick was what gave Seattle life.

Kaepernick blows in loud environments on the road. Enjoy being wrong as usual, Pattycakes.

I'd like to see some of the 49ers inconsistencies exposed (but that Kaperneack) is one cool customer (and cocky).  I'll take Falcons by a pinch (if Ryan doesn't throw into coverage as he has a habit of doing). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Just took a look over on the Ravens' Board of the Baltimore Sun..   4 out of 6 of their writers pick the Pats to win outright.  They also have a "pick 'em" discussion for the game.  So far only one Ravens' fan is picking the Pats while one has Flacco throwing for 4 TDs and Rice running for 167 yds and 2 TDs..  and they say Pats fans are delusional!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

No. They had little trouble with Wilson.  The Ryan pick was what gave Seattle life.

RESPONSE: Let's see now...Wilson completed 24 of 36 passes for 385 yards, 2 TDs, and one pick...and ran 7 times for 60 yards, and a TD. Yep...they had little trouble with Wilson...LOL!!!:  http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330113001

Kaepernick blows in loud environments on the road. Enjoy being wrong as usual, Pattycakes.

RESPONSE: Hey Rusty...do you sleep in your clown suit? LOL!!!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Why do you people always change the subject? That buttfumble NEVEr gets old.

hey I want to thank everybody that always repost the original post when replying-When I get banned my posts stay alive by you reposting....Thanks

This is Definitly JETS.. Dont ask me how i know, I just know. Lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: Let's see now...Wilson completed 24 of 36 passes for 385 yards, 2 TDs, and one pick...and ran 7 times for 60 yards, and a TD. Yep...they had little trouble with Wilson...LOL!!!: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330113001

RESPONSE: Hey Rusty...do you sleep in your clown suit? LOL!!!  

They had a 27-7 lead.  Wilson did nothing for 3 qtrs. I am not going to defend Ryan's INT or what happened after that.

RESPONSE: Correct me if I'm wrong, Not So Trusty One, but isn't a game 4 quarters long? If Wilson did nothing in the first 3 quarters, he sure as hell knocked it out of the park in quarter #4. The Falcons were extremely lucky to have escaped with a win, last week. 

Yes, Wilson struggled.  If Atlanta kept running it and Ryan didn't throw that dumb second INT, Wilson doesn't have anything close to those numbers.

RESPONSE: Sure...we see. LOL!!!

Did you even watch the game or do you just look at box scores? If you look only at box scores it explains a lot about your poseur analysis. lmao

RESPONSE: Poseur analysis?? These words, coming from the likes of you?? LOL!!!  

Enjoy crappy Texas, by the way. LOL

RESPONSE: Is that the best you can do??? LOL!!!

LOSER in Texas. Just a god awful place to live.  Where are you originally from, TPat? Hmmm?

RESPONSE: You...daring to call someone else "A Loser"??? Thats' rich, Russ...LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Attrition is definately cause for concern if you're the Ravens Defensive Coordinator...However if the Ravens posses the ball and keep our offense on the side lines. They wont need respirators come the 4th quarter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Ravens by 14+ 49ers by 7

I see things

If you believe the Ravens are going to win by 14+,never mind seeing things,you should see a psychiatrist

My picks:

Falcons 27 49ers 24

Patriots 34 Ravens 20 

Expect to see Brady running the hurry up a LOT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Going to be a nail biter....Pats by 3

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Tex, you rightly note Ray Rice's ability to break long plays.. While he will get more touches than any one Patriot Vereen is actually more dangerous at breaking big plays.

A point overlooked when talking about the passing game: the Patriots frequently empty the backfield and put the RB out on a far end of the field. While some teams might want to do this JUST to spread the field, getting a LB out of the middle area of the field, and while the Patriots do like this feature to help open space for Welker and Hern, we do throw to those RBs sometimes. But MORE to the point, when Vereen is out there he is a true recevier. He ran downfield patterns in college and caught a fair amount of balls. The Patriots have started to use him there as a WR. They have thrown deep to him and thrown short to him there. He has WR speed. It creates a matchup problem for any team. My point ends up being that when you compare receiving CORPS you should include Vereen as more than guys to throw a swing or merely a safety valve.