NFL defeated Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbh. Show vbh's posts

NFL defeated Patriots.

Its not Indy. NFL is a scam. They threw wrong flag for PI and did not give 1st down on Faulk 4th and 2 play. Bill was right in going for it. Because, if Manning got the ball in his own 29, he will just have to throw the ball deep and there would have been another PI flag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Re: NFL defeated Patriots.

For everyone who defends Belicheck on this call, put the scenario to any Pee Wee League coach in the country and ask, "punt or go for it?" What do YOU think the answer would be?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtroth. Show jtroth's posts

Unfortunately, sometimes bad calls decide games. Faulk bobbled the ball momentarily, but he STILL had the first-down yardage. If called correctly, they get the first down, run out most of the clock and win the game.

Colts fans can rejoice the gift win, but if I were them I would hate to play the Patriots in the playoffs. Pats dominated this game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How about the Phantom call the Refs gave Austin Collie for PI? How can you flag Butler for trying to make a play for the ball when Collie backs into him? I don't care what the rules say, that was offensive Pass interference. What's the kid suppose to do, just give Collie the position of the ball? Collie over-ran the route, Manning underthrew it. 

But that was just a speckle compared to the bad play of the OL; Nick Kaczur played like sh!t. We got a huge lead and the Patriots got complacent.

It's gonna be hard to go to the Superbowl knowing we have to go into their house with all that sh!t going on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPINJIM59. Show SPINJIM59's posts

In Response to NFL defeated Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]Its not Indy. NFL is a scam. They threw wrong flag for PI and did not give 1st down on Faulk 4th and 2 play. Bill was right in going for it. Because, if Manning got the ball in his own 29, he will just have to throw the ball deep and there would have been another PI flag.
    Posted by vbh[/QUOTE]

its funny that you don`t post when you win games like that.... enjoy your 5 year old like CRYING

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It wasn't the refs. You don't want to be ahead by just 6 points near the end of the game with the Colts -- especially on their home turf. The Pats missed some scoring opportunities and were having trouble late in the game stopping Manning. Some of the calls may have hurt them, but there were bigger problems that were more significant in the fourth quarter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

I wasn't happy with the calls either, but if we hadn't thrown the INT in the end-zone, and Maroney hadn't fumbled at the 1, those calls wouldn't have mattered. We beat ourselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Aweful!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

In Response to NFL defeated Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]Its not Indy. NFL is a scam. They threw wrong flag for PI and did not give 1st down on Faulk 4th and 2 play. Bill was right in going for it. Because, if Manning got the ball in his own 29, he will just have to throw the ball deep and there would have been another PI flag.
    Posted by vbh[/QUOTE]Ahhhh....the cry of the loser...The NFL didn't have anything to do with it, grow up...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Its not Bill's fault. You don not give Peyton Manning the ball back willingly only up by 6 with time left on the clock. You can't compare it to any other situation in football. Its Peyton Manning for C -sake! The defense didn't show up to play in the 4th quarter and thats all you can say about it.

My cap goes off to the colts for that one. One he ll of a game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Stop complaining, you sound like Ravens/Jets fans. Pats lost to a better Colts team and it's time to move on for the more important game versus the Jets this weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

In Response to Re: NFL defeated Patriots.:
    [QUOTE]How about the Phantom call the Refs gave Austin Collie for PI? How can you flag Butler for trying to make a play for the ball when Collie backs into him? I don't care what the rules say, that was offensive Pass interference. What's the kid suppose to do, just give Collie the position of the ball? Collie over-ran the route, Manning underthrew it.  But that was just a speckle compared to the bad play of the OL; Nick Kaczur played like sh!t. We got a huge lead and the Patriots got complacent. It's gonna be hard to go to the Superbowl knowing we have to go into their house with all that sh!t going on.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]#1 It wasn't a phantom call, it was clearly interference
    #2 The Pats were never going to the SB anyway...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL defeated Patriots. : #1 It wasn't a phantom call, it was clearly interferance #2 The Pats were never going to the SB anyway...
    Posted by hmrstrm[/QUOTE]

Please explain #1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Good Lord, The Pats secondary is absolutely AWFUL!  This isn't the day of Milloy and Law. Its the day of #28, #23...etc... you get my point.

Didn't they at least teach pass protection at the "U"? LOL

They must of skipped that class also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

49 and cwieg nailed it.
     I also think they got complacent. Manning is just a flag away from a TD no matter if we punt or go for it. Why the H--- we were not running up the score is beyond me. It seem to me around the start of the 4th qtr we kind of let up. Maybe it 's just me. As bad as Kaczur was /Seabass was that good though.

Port this is not peewee football this is TOM,RANDY,WES,and FAULK.

Spin it's funny to us that everytime the colts get into these type of game's there are these calls that go there way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from atlpatsfan. Show atlpatsfan's posts

The D-line looked like they just ran a marathon. What is it about Indy that they are so worn out by the 4th quarter? The D-line couldn't have stopped a good high school runner. Coach had no choice but to go for it. I love the gamble he has in him. He knew it was a win or lose situation. As Kenny Rodgers said "the gambler he broke even". This is the the other half of the punter running out of the end zone game. Win some lose some. This game he felt his offense was at thier best the other game he thought the defense was at it's best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

also if BB had not miss handled the time out's. We might all be in a different place right now 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

NO! The Pats could not seal the deal and that is that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I am very shocked at how little they showed the side view of Faulk's catch. You need to look at both, but there was only one bobble and he had it at the 30+ when he was pushed back. 

Interesting how the "official Indy clock" put 3 seconds back:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20091115011&page=plays

Faulk catches at 1:57 and then Manning starts at 2:00?

The bad call was a pass on 3rd and 2 and tackiling inside the 10 with 1 minute to go and potentially having time for setting up a winning field goal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL defeated Patriots. : #1 It wasn't a phantom call, it was clearly interference #2 The Pats were never going to the SB anyway...
    Posted by hmrstrm[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the victory, Colt fan, but I guarantee we go to the Superbowl. All we have to do is wait for the San Diego to go into Indy in the playoffs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mc99. Show mc99's posts

If any of those Pee Wee teams had Tom Brady at QB, I think they'd probably go for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billgorm. Show billgorm's posts

Even if BB had a timeout they never would have overturned that bad spot,did they drop a flag on the colts at all??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

[QUOTE]Even if BB had a timeout they never would have overturned that bad spot,did they drop a flag on the colts at all??
    Posted by billgorm[/QUOTE]

It was indisputable from the side angle that he had possession before being pushed back.

I don't understand the point of requiring a challenge flag at 2:00, which is by definition a stoppage of the clock. why should someone lose a timeout at the 2 minute warning.  It is not logical to make the distinction at 1:59, it should be between 2:01 (a non-stoppage time) and 2:00.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

What a bunch of crybabys. The Pats lost. We went for it on 4th down and didnt make it. We left too many points on the field. If we got the first down then the game would have been over. We need Steven Jackson and our worries are over on 4th and short. But we dont have him. I'd still be happy at 12 and 4. I think 11 and 5 will win the AFC East. Just get in the playoffs and then anything can happen. You cant whine about mystery calls or bad spots or any of that crap. Pats played a pretty good game. I bet Indy wont want to meet us again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL defeated Patriots. : It was indisputable from the side angle that he had possession before being pushed back. I don't understand the point of requiring a challenge flag at 2:00, which is by definition a stoppage of the clock. why should someone lose a timeout at the 2 minute warning.  It is not logical to make the distinction at 1:59, it should be between 2:01 (a non-stoppage time) and 2:00.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

A challenge is a de facto timeout so you need to have both a timeout and a challenge to challenge. 

If they let the challenges stand alone and apart from the timeouts, there is nothing that would prevent the coach from challenging just to get an extra timeout.

Sections
Shortcuts