NFL DRAFT 2011. Does BB trade away pick#17 and if he does, who to and what can he get for it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

NFL DRAFT 2011. Does BB trade away pick#17 and if he does, who to and what can he get for it

There are some pretty sharp people in this forum, so I ask, if BB does trade away pick number 17 which teams are hungry for it and what can BB get.
    Any Idea's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: NFL DRAFT 2011. Does BB trade away pick#17 and if he does, who to and what can he get for it

Hard to say pre combine.  If someone dazzles BB and we need to move to get him, I am sure BB would do so.  Unless BB wants Dareus, Fairley, Quinn etc really bad, I think we are in a great spot to grab some of the talent that also nicely fills holes we have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: NFL DRAFT 2011. Does BB trade away pick#17 and if he does, who to and what can he get for it

Standard BB trade #1 is pick #17 for this year's second round pick and for next year's first round pick.  As a general rule, when trading for next year's pick look at whether the team is grossly overrated.  

As necessary for a bad team with great pick potential, throw in a fifth rounder to sweeten the deal.  BB needs to profitably get rid of as many late-round picks as possible, because when your own team goes 14-3 then you don't have to cut too many guys so there aren't a lot of slots to fill, especially with a lot of young healthy starters.  Just as bad, next year's class of early-round rookies is going to be big.  Finally most of a huge bunch of IR veterans will be coming back next summer.

My personal selection of this year's sucker teams who overvalue their chances and so they will undervalue their 2012 first and second round picks, is as follows:

seattle
    arizona
    tampa bay
    new orleans

kansas city
    jacksonville
    indianapolis
    baltimore

I'm not afraid to name overrated semi-contenders who aren't really guaranteed contenders, because if they don't make the playoffs next year despite their playoff expectations, the near-miss will zip them from an expected #28 draft pick to a #16 pick pretty fast.  Fast profit if the Pats hold their first rounder, only smaller profit if they make the playoffs.  It's a good gamble.

Standard BB trade #2 is down three picks to the highest bidder, for a fourth round pick.  Then trade down another three picks if anyone looks desperate.

All trades are off if BB's guy is low hanging fruit, ripe for the picking, or if the guy needs to be stolen from the Jets.  Think, "McCourty".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey Pk!  Agree on all except the Dolts. There is no competition in their division at all. THREE Stiffs and an aging, angry Gomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will definitely be in the playoffs......ala the 2010 Seahawks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i bet he trades it down a few spots and picks up a 3rd round pick in this years draft. I think he will also trade down #33 and pick up another 3rd round pick giving us a total of (4) 3rd round picks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: NFL DRAFT 2011. Does BB trade away pick#17 and if he does, who to and what can he get for it:
    [QUOTE]Hey Pk!  Agree on all except the Dolts. There is no competition in their division at all. THREE Stiffs and an aging, angry Gomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will definitely be in the playoffs......ala the 2010 Seahawks.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
    The three stiffs argument could have been equally applied to San Diego last August.  Denver was bad enough but KC and especially Oakland looked horrid.  In the end one of the two stiffs, KC, got up and took the weak division.  Oakland popped up too.

Jacksonville is overrated.  The other two teams, Tennessee and Houston, didn't do much but unlike Oakland and KC in 2009 they weren't complete stiffs.  Indy was only 4-2 against their division's three relative stiffs, and at that the Colts squeaked by both Tennessee games. 

The problem is, Indy overspent its budget early in the decade.  It mortgaged the franchise for a few extra players and a super bowl push.  Now the backloaded free agent money is eating at the franchise.  Peyton's co-stars are disappearing twice as fast as they're being replaced.  Bobzilla has morphed into Bob the Builder.  Marvin Harrison is shot.  Reggie Wayne?  Dallas Clark?    Indy used to have an excellent offensive line.  Now some of the linemen post google maps on their jerseys with directions to the quarterback.  The Indy D-line is still famous for not stopping the run.  Mr. Potato Head is still the real deal, but it's getting hard.  Look at Julian Edelman's college career for an example of how a good quarterback with a weak team equals an average team.

So, what are the chances that Indy will see 9-7 in 2011?  I have them just under 9-7 next year because they played plenty of so-so games this past year.  What are the chances that any one of the 6-10 teams (and that includes Jacksonville in my book) will pop up to 9-7 and win on a tiebreaker?  Not exactly bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am hoping three QBs get picked in the top 15. this would delay the run on the 43 DEs before the run on the OTs. i can also see watt gone before the 17th. if that's the case, pats should trade down a few slots.

potential plays:
    swap #17 for seattle's #25 plus their 2012 second (not sure if the values work out)
    swap #28 for washington's 41 or jacksonville's 49, plus 2012 first.

NWE ends up with
    #41 (assuming washington)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't be surprised by any moves made by BB as far as using his draft choices as bartering chips, if he trades #17 he will move back 4 spots and still get the player he wants plus gain no worse than another 3rd round pick,if he decides to trade #28 then he's looking at gaining two second round picks this year and next years from  the acquiring team,his most valuable draft choice is #33 and he could really make hay by trading this pick,The first pick on day two is very important and will command a handsome price ! the Acquiring team will have to give BB a second round pick this year and a first round pick next year at bare minimum. I honestly think he will try and trade all three picks,whether he finds the right deals or not becomes the only real issue...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I can see BB trading out #17... problem is 17 is no mans land. It's smack in the middle so it's like round 1a all the top talent by position is gone so the 17th pick you're looking at the second qb, ot, de, In 2010 a guard was taken at 17, 2009 a qb after two were taken before him. So BB being the genius that he is will have to study hard and see what teams will want to make to 17 who knows maybe BB throws everyone a curveball and uses 17 and a couple lower picks to move up.