NFL Gamepass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: NFL Gamepass

In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : Not yet 12, tell me your secret, wise one.
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]
    I covered this in another thread, it was a long post.  I will go back and find it then copy and paste it here if you are really interested knowing how to get it cheap and possibly free.

How long have you had direct tv? Are you currently under contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]So, I do the sports bar thing. I am too old to be watching the NFL in a pub, but I gotta watch the Pats. I live on the left coast so for me the local sports pub offers sunday breakfast until noon and its really good breakfast. Still I'd rather be home watching from my chair..
    Posted by proftom2[/QUOTE]

Always a tough debate.  If you add up your food and drink total, travel to from, and the fact that you will miss alot of the game (distractions), do you really save any cash at the end of the season?  Add up how much the directv package is and then take a look at your bar tabs etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : I covered this in another thread, it was a long post.  I will go back and find it then copy and paste it here if you are really interested knowing how to get it cheap and possibly free. How long have you had direct tv? Are you currently under contract?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I read some of the other post, but woud love to again.

Ive had directv for almost 3 yrs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

If you live outside the US but have family in the US with the Directv NFL Package, buy a SLINGBOX. That allows you to watch anything your family is able to watch including all the NFL games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]If you live outside the US but have family in the US with the Directv NFL Package, buy a SLINGBOX. That allows you to watch anything your family is able to watch including all the NFL games.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]
    Or if you know someone who has the Sunday Ticket with the To Go Package, tell them you will give them $50 bucks if you can use their to go package which basically allows you to watch any game streamed on your computer.  The quality is great!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : Not yet 12, tell me your secret, wise one.

This is the 3rd year I have had direct tv.  First season I got the total Sunday Package deal free because I was a new customer.  the 2nd year I used the method below and paid $14 (after all credits they gave me) for the complete Sunday ticket package.  They really didn't want another cable company to buy me out of the Direct tv contract :)  and this year I needed another dvr and some more programming  so I signed another 2 year contract which I got the 2nd DVR free, Sunday ticket (no to go package) free, showtime and Cinamax free for 1 year, HBO and Starz free for 3 months (hello Hard Knocks), one time $50 credit (took care of my UFC PPV) and $20 credit for 12 months..... Try this for a great deal on the Sunday ticket......

First of all are you currently under contract with Direct tv?  If so then there are two ways that I have found have worked for some of my friends.  Call them up and ask for the retention department.  These people are paid to keep you at Direct TV.  If you had the Sunday ticket in the past then tell them that you have been contacted by ______ (use other local cable company name) and they have some good deals going right now and are willing to buy you out of your contract with Direct TV.  Then tell them you got Direct TV because of the Sunday Ticket and that even at the lower price for this year you won't be able to get it.  Is there anything they can offer for the Sunday ticket in order to keep you as a Direct tv customer.

At this point they will do one of the following...offer half price on the max package ($150) and standard ticket ($99)  or give you the Standard package free and offer the max package for ($99) or give you the max package free or tell you sorry, there is nothing they can do.  Which at this point if you don't like any offer or they say no then you can say ok I will think about what I am going to do and call back to let them know.  Wait a few days and call back and try again.  It all depends who you talk to.  I always have success calling in the mornings, even on weekends.

If you haven't had Sunday ticket before then use the same story but add in that you have never got the Sunday ticket before and that you would like to see what it was all about and will stay with Direct TV if they can offer you something with the Sunday Ticket.

Now if you you are willing to just get a discount on either package you can talk to customer service and say the exact same thing and they will discount it for you.  Probably wont see any free stuff from them.

Now if you aren't under contract with direct tv, call and tell them the same story but don't tell them another cable company will buy you out of contract.  Just simply say other cable companies in the area have some really good deals going on right now, you don't want to leave Direct tv, can they offer you anything to stay.  Then say you might be interested in staying if they could offer you the sunday ticket.  Again they will give you the choice I mentioned above.

The Sunday Max for this year is all the games, the Red Zone and the To GO package where you can watch on your laptop.  The Standard package is just all the games.  It seems like they are more then willing this year to easily give away each package for half price.  A bit more work to get something free since they broke the packages up to make them more affordable.  But they are still giving it away, depending on who you talk to.

If you are out of contract and there is some new equipment you want to add or channels you want to add and don't mind signing another contract with them then call and ask for those things and ask for Sunday ticket too.  The possibilities are endless. 

It never hurts to ask.  Amazing what you can get when all you do is simply ask. 

Good Luck!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : This is the 3rd year I have had direct tv.  First season I got the total Sunday Package deal free because I was a new customer.  the 2nd year I used the method below and paid $14 (after all credits they gave me) for the complete Sunday ticket package.  They really didn't want another cable company to buy me out of the Direct tv contract :)  and this year I needed another dvr and some more programming  so I signed another 2 year contract which I got the 2nd DVR free, Sunday ticket (no to go package) free, showtime and Cinamax free for 1 year, HBO and Starz free for 3 months (hello Hard Knocks), one time $50 credit (took care of my UFC PPV) and $20 credit for 12 months..... Try this for a great deal on the Sunday ticket...... First of all are you currently under contract with Direct tv?  If so then there are two ways that I have found have worked for some of my friends.  Call them up and ask for the retention department.  These people are paid to keep you at Direct TV.  If you had the Sunday ticket in the past then tell them that you have been contacted by ______ (use other local cable company name) and they have some good deals going right now and are willing to buy you out of your contract with Direct TV.  Then tell them you got Direct TV because of the Sunday Ticket and that even at the lower price for this year you won't be able to get it.  Is there anything they can offer for the Sunday ticket in order to keep you as a Direct tv customer. At this point they will do one of the following...offer half price on the max package ($150) and standard ticket ($99)  or give you the Standard package free and offer the max package for ($99) or give you the max package free or tell you sorry, there is nothing they can do.  Which at this point if you don't like any offer or they say no then you can say ok I will think about what I am going to do and call back to let them know.  Wait a few days and call back and try again.  It all depends who you talk to.  I always have success calling in the mornings, even on weekends. If you haven't had Sunday ticket before then use the same story but add in that you have never got the Sunday ticket before and that you would like to see what it was all about and will stay with Direct TV if they can offer you something with the Sunday Ticket. Now if you you are willing to just get a discount on either package you can talk to customer service and say the exact same thing and they will discount it for you.  Probably wont see any free stuff from them. Now if you aren't under contract with direct tv, call and tell them the same story but don't tell them another cable company will buy you out of contract.  Just simply say other cable companies in the area have some really good deals going on right now, you don't want to leave Direct tv, can they offer you anything to stay.  Then say you might be interested in staying if they could offer you the sunday ticket.  Again they will give you the choice I mentioned above. The Sunday Max for this year is all the games, the Red Zone and the To GO package where you can watch on your laptop.  The Standard package is just all the games.  It seems like they are more then willing this year to easily give away each package for half price.  A bit more work to get something free since they broke the packages up to make them more affordable.  But they are still giving it away, depending on who you talk to. If you are out of contract and there is some new equipment you want to add or channels you want to add and don't mind signing another contract with them then call and ask for those things and ask for Sunday ticket too.  The possibilities are endless.  It never hurts to ask.  Amazing what you can get when all you do is simply ask.  Good Luck!!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

TFB12 speaks the truth.  I had DTV for five years and once used a premise similar to this one.  They will bend over backwards to keep you.  

We moved and no longer have line of sight.  FiOS is great, but not having NFL games is just painful.

Can anyone out there confirm or deny that Playstation 2 or 3 will get you the NFL?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : This is the 3rd year I have had direct tv.  First season I got the total Sunday Package deal free because I was a new customer.  the 2nd year I used the method below and paid $14 (after all credits they gave me) for the complete Sunday ticket package.  They really didn't want another cable company to buy me out of the Direct tv contract :)  and this year I needed another dvr and some more programming  so I signed another 2 year contract which I got the 2nd DVR free, Sunday ticket (no to go package) free, showtime and Cinamax free for 1 year, HBO and Starz free for 3 months (hello Hard Knocks), one time $50 credit (took care of my UFC PPV) and $20 credit for 12 months..... Try this for a great deal on the Sunday ticket...... First of all are you currently under contract with Direct tv?  If so then there are two ways that I have found have worked for some of my friends.  Call them up and ask for the retention department.  These people are paid to keep you at Direct TV.  If you had the Sunday ticket in the past then tell them that you have been contacted by ______ (use other local cable company name) and they have some good deals going right now and are willing to buy you out of your contract with Direct TV.  Then tell them you got Direct TV because of the Sunday Ticket and that even at the lower price for this year you won't be able to get it.  Is there anything they can offer for the Sunday ticket in order to keep you as a Direct tv customer. At this point they will do one of the following...offer half price on the max package ($150) and standard ticket ($99)  or give you the Standard package free and offer the max package for ($99) or give you the max package free or tell you sorry, there is nothing they can do.  Which at this point if you don't like any offer or they say no then you can say ok I will think about what I am going to do and call back to let them know.  Wait a few days and call back and try again.  It all depends who you talk to.  I always have success calling in the mornings, even on weekends. If you haven't had Sunday ticket before then use the same story but add in that you have never got the Sunday ticket before and that you would like to see what it was all about and will stay with Direct TV if they can offer you something with the Sunday Ticket. Now if you you are willing to just get a discount on either package you can talk to customer service and say the exact same thing and they will discount it for you.  Probably wont see any free stuff from them. Now if you aren't under contract with direct tv, call and tell them the same story but don't tell them another cable company will buy you out of contract.  Just simply say other cable companies in the area have some really good deals going on right now, you don't want to leave Direct tv, can they offer you anything to stay.  Then say you might be interested in staying if they could offer you the sunday ticket.  Again they will give you the choice I mentioned above. The Sunday Max for this year is all the games, the Red Zone and the To GO package where you can watch on your laptop.  The Standard package is just all the games.  It seems like they are more then willing this year to easily give away each package for half price.  A bit more work to get something free since they broke the packages up to make them more affordable.  But they are still giving it away, depending on who you talk to. If you are out of contract and there is some new equipment you want to add or channels you want to add and don't mind signing another contract with them then call and ask for those things and ask for Sunday ticket too.  The possibilities are endless.  It never hurts to ask.  Amazing what you can get when all you do is simply ask.  Good Luck!!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.  I'll be making this call soon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

TBF12:

My problem is not the cost - happy to pay $50 (or even a bit more), but do not want to sign a 2-year contract. Not interested in ANY other TV package - just the Sunday Ticket. I only want this on my computer - can stream it to my TV via Apple TV - but at high def.

Like your idea of offering $50 to someone with Direct TV.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : TBF12: My problem is not the cost - happy to pay $50 (or even a bit more), but do not want to sign a 2-year contract. Not interested in ANY other TV package - just the Sunday Ticket. I only want this on my computer - can stream it to my TV via Apple TV - but at high def. Like your idea of offering $50 to someone with Direct TV.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]
    Concerning contracts, I will have cable with someone so I don't mind contracts especially if they give away so much in signing one.

But I understand your situation concerning watching on the computer.  I had the to go package for 2 years so I could watch a couple games at once, one on tv and one on the lap top, but the streams still weren't perfect so I just use a second tv.  I think the best way to go for you is to find someone who gets the to go package or find someone who has the slingbox as mentioned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Gamepass : Thanks for the info.  I'll be making this call soon. 
    Let me know how it goes.  Remember, if you don't get any good offers just tell them you will think about it.  Then call back in a day or two and talk to someone new.

Sections
Shortcuts