Nfl London

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Nfl London

his comments on the nfl going to London, going to 28 games, Thursday nit games, and now another playoff game is exactly what I have been saying. Then add all the safety issues associated with each and the current helmet, which is a lethal weapon, and I think the NFL is as wag at was said getting to be a pig

i am a great fan of Kraft, but I think he is is wrong here

IMO
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Nfl London

You mean 18 games, not 28, right?

I think the NFL would be very smart to figure out some way to expand internationally.  It's tricky with travel of course.  But I could see the London team doing a few tours of the states (maybe two 4 game road trips each year), then other teams going to London with a bye week.  

Of course, there's also the possibility of putting four teams in Europe and having a European division.  That would be cool.

I'm all for it, really.  But the travel is tricky.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the NFL would be very smart to figure out some way to expand internationally.  It's tricky with travel of course.  But I could see the London team doing a few tours of the states (maybe two 4 game road trips each year), then other teams going to London with a bye week.  

Of course, there's also the possibility of putting four teams in Europe and having a European division.  That would be cool.

[/QUOTE]

Once Goodell finds out a way to to handle the logistical issues with teams traveling 4000-7000 miles, 6-10 hour time differences, and keeping US fans interested in those games maybe he could turn his attention to countries in North America for expansion potential.

Leave it to the $35M Man.   If he had run NASA he would have planned a space trip to Neptune before landing a man on the moon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes18 lol , my iPad sometimes skips the 1

I think international is nice in concept, but too wearing on the players, your bye week is an idea foe sure. But I think of those west coast to Europe trips unworkable, except maybe if ther resurrect the concord

but it doesn't make want to watch more football

Another problem would be the taxes, England currently taxes the winner of wimblton not only on the winnings, but also on bonuses and endorsements outside EnglandEngland 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Once Goodell finds out a way to to handle the logistical issues with teams traveling 4000-7000 miles, 6-10 hour time differences, and keeping US fans interested in those games maybe he could turn his attention to countries in North America for expansion potential.

Leave it to the $35M Man.   If he had run NASA he would have planned a space trip to Neptune before landing a man on the moon.

[/QUOTE]

Sums him up perfectly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Toronto / Buffalo / Niagara Region is a step forward but London is the lynch pin necessary for global expansion. London is a financial / fashion / music / arts / business capital with access and influence on the continent. If/When the NFL succeeds there, the seeds will be planted for greater expansion on the continent along with new sponsors and advertising partners. The size of the wind fall is so great, you need a team analysts to calculate it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I say keep the NFL in the USA, but that's just me.  If you want to give international cities a glimpse at our game, have a preseason game or two played elsewhere.  The London game is a terrible idea.  It screws one team out of a home game, and both teams involved have to endure the ridiculous travel.  Europe can have soccer since they seem to love it so much.  They can keep that sport.  Keep it off of American TV, too.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nfl owners are pigs, and trying to get fatter....terrible idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is simply about wealth and power and the next step is global expansion.

Personally, I think there are issues with it beyond the logistics of travel and cultural difficulties for players assimilating into new cultures. Are there enough good players to fund additional teams or will the talent base weaken? Also, will the product become too available and weaken demand?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think there are issues with it beyond the logistics of travel and cultural difficulties for players assimilating into new cultures. Are there enough good players to fund additional teams or will the talent base weaken? Also, will the product become too available and weaken demand?

[/QUOTE]

Or will you start to get developmental (gridiron) football leagues in other countries?  I'm sure the NFL is thinking long term here. Short term dilution is an issue with expansion, but if the whole world starts playing gridiron football the talent pool will expand dramatically.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or will you start to get developmental (gridiron) football leagues in other countries?  I'm sure the NFL is thinking long term here. Short term dilution is an issue with expansion, but if the whole world starts playing gridiron football the talent pool will expand dramatically.

[/QUOTE]

I thought they already tried that with the WLAF and then NFL Europe.  How could we ever forget the Barcelona Dragons or the London Monarchs?  

Not to offend any Soccer fans here but Europe already has "Their Game".  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Europe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

There will never be an NFL team based in London.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

London is perhaps more important than LA. London truly internationalizes the game, brings in new sponsors, new advertising partners, new merchandising tie-ins and more than 400 million new European fans!

How can the owners who lust for more wealth and power (even though they have enough) not appease their appetites in an effort to dominate the globe?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Plus, of all the cities I've been to, London is my favourite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

The only way I see Europe to happen successfully is to have an all-Europe division...say, London, Paris, Berlin and maybe Barcelona, Madrid or Rome. Have each of those teams play two games against US-based squads in the US...either the first two or last two games of the season, to avoid cross-continental travel mid-season. How to do playoff games, however, if say, Rome is the home team against San Diego, is a complete beeyatch. Might have to be played on a neutral field in the US.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's a really interesting logistical problem.  I think you could have the London team (assuming there's only a London team and not a whole European division) do two four-game road tours (or maybe one eight game road tour) in the states each regular season, then have US teams come to London in conjunction with a bye week.  That would work more or less in the regular season.  

Playoffs are a challenge, but maybe you get rid of the current NFC and AFC divisions and have East/West divisions.  That way, until you get to the Super Bowl, teams aren't traveling from the East (now including London) to the West.  London to New York isn't that much different from LA to New York, so that London trip for Eastern teams isn't much worse than a West coast trip for Eastern teams.  Plus you could have some midweek playoff games to give more time to teams that have to travel far. 

So there are ways to make it work.  Just might mean some major changes.  Those won't be popular in the US at first, I'm sure, but as I said above, the NFL is thinking longer term. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a really interesting logistical problem.  I think you could have the London team (assuming there's only a London team and not a whole European division) do two four-game road tours (or maybe one eight game road tour) in the states each regular season, then have US teams come to London in conjunction with a bye week.  That would work more or less in the regular season.  

Playoffs are a challenge, but maybe you get rid of the current NFC and AFC divisions and have East/West divisions.  That way, until you get to the Super Bowl, teams aren't traveling from the East (now including London) to the West.  London to New York isn't that much different from LA to New York, so that London trip for Eastern teams isn't much worse than a West coast trip for Eastern teams.  Plus you could have some midweek playoff games to give more time to teams that have to travel far. 

So there are ways to make it work.  Just might mean some major changes.  Those won't be popular in the US at first, I'm sure, but as I said above, the NFL is thinking longer term. 

[/QUOTE]

"So there are ways to make it work. Just might mean some major changes. Those won't be popular in the US at first, I'm sure, but as I said above, the NFL is thinking longer term. "

So I guess this will be just one more thing shoved down our throat that we won't like and don't realize how good it will be for us eventually.  eh?    :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

his comments on the nfl going to London, going to 28 games, Thursday nit games, and now another playoff game is exactly what I have been saying. Then add all the safety issues associated with each and the current helmet, which is a lethal weapon, and I think the NFL is as wag at was said getting to be a pig

i am a great fan of Kraft, but I think he is is wrong here

IMO

[/QUOTE]

well if his second-in-line butt fantasy Kraft is for it, we all know one ignoramus here who will tout it as genius. of course if some other owner suggested it, it would be stupidity

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

I don't think a London team is that far off, the NFL wants this, even when you factor in the travel time its only 6.5 hours compared to 5.2 hours to LA from Boston. I truly don't think that a long term London team would survive just based on their love of the sport, for them the yearly sell out of 1 game is more for the "thing to do" than actual love of the sport, they are a soccer country, so football wouldn't hold their attention that long. But as the old saying goes, that's my opinion and you know everyone has one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think a London team is that far off, the NFL wants this, even when you factor in the travel time its only 6.5 hours compared to 5.2 hours to LA from Boston. I truly don't think that a long term London team would survive just based on their love of the sport, for them the yearly sell out of 1 game is more for the "thing to do" than actual love of the sport, they are a soccer country, so football wouldn't hold their attention that long. But as the old saying goes, that's my opinion and you know everyone has one.

[/QUOTE]

You might be surprised but there are fans in England and Europe that much prefer the NFL to Soccer. Fans that wear team equipment and watch games on a regular basis. Fans that are already bonded to specific NFL teams. The biggest draw is that is an exciting, contact sport that employs great strategy. Whether they know all the rules is irrelevant; US fans don't know them all either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think my major point was that there are so many things that the nfl does that IMO will eventually make the league worse off than better in the long term

as far as European football,I think there will be the same problem as soccer has been there. Unless the get European football players it seems doubtful to me

I don't want more teams more playoff teams. It dilutes everything. If the league had its way a different team would win each year for 32 years. Not good to me

and I did mean 18 games vs 28 lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a business owner and have the opportunity to expand your market and business income.  You wouldn't?  That simply means you do not have a business mind. Besides, this is exploratory in nature and may never come to fruition for reasons stated earlier.
    [object HTMLDivElement]