NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini

As the lopsided losses pile up, hard questions are beginning to be asked about the direction of the Cleveland Browns: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/11/anger_boiling
    _over_as_clevelan.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini

Heres' more criticism being heaped on Mangini: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/joe_posnanski/09/29/mangini/index.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Eric Mangini's hand picked GM was ushered out of the Browns' facility by security after being relieved of his duties. Guess whose next?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4616312

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini:
         As the lopsided losses pile up, hard questions are beginning to be asked about the direction of the Cleveland franchise: http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2009/11/as_cleveland_browns _slide_furt.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Ah, sweet justice...rat-gina having his ego crushed. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I hope to God this guy loses his job and never gets another NFL job again - ahhh sweet justice is right!  What a loser this guy is, he was only successful under Belichick - (Hey, kinda like Adalius Thomas was only successful with Ray Lewis next to him!)  OUCH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini:
         Eric Mangini's hand picked GM was ushered out of the Browns' facility by security after being relieved of his duties. Guess whose next?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4616312
    Posted by TexasPat3

Couldn't happen to a nicer weenie.

I wonder of the browns players are deliberately tanking it just to get rid of that Ahole?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

The guy is a failure as a head coach yet he keeps getting a job. I dont get it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they Browns purposely tanked it to get Mangina outta there - would an NFL player do that?  I'm sure they hate the guy as much as we all do, he is an A-Hole in the truest sense of the word.  Remember the fiasco about the bus trip he made his players go on before the season started?  Then there was the controversy about whether or not he made his player practice w/o pads against players who had pads... What a jerk...  I LOVE seeing this guy fail SO MUCH!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rumor has it that Browns' ownership want to fire Mangini ASAP, and replace him with Ravens' OC, Cam Cameron, a/k/a "Mr. Fail Fast First"...LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Was just watching ESPN and Tedy Bruschi was on NFL Live.  When asked "IF Eric Mangini has what it really takes to be a head coach," Bruschi said, "Absolutely...," and further expounded on the fact that Mangini trully does know football, and that how The Browns organization has to understand that Head Coaches trying to rebuild and restore an NFL Franchise will have 2-3 losing seasons on average and that a Josh McDaniels in Denver certainly is not the norm...He further urged the trully great fanbase and what has been a successful Cleveland Browns Franchise that They WILL be a top-tier organization once more, just hang in there and support your team...

~Was thinking to myself, whether or not I agreed with him on Mangini, Bruschi trully IS a class-act...  The guy didn't throw either Cleveland owners/fans/or Mangini under the bus, and all the while sounded heartfelt (i.e. NOT making it sound like a PC soundbite)... 

~This Just shows what kind of Players Belichick wanted and still wants on his Team, smart, knowledgable, caring, humble, good, good people.  Interesting that The Patriots already and or might have people like Brady, Bruschi, Vrabel, Cassel, FaulkMoss, Christian Fauria (and lord knows how many others), as thought-provoking announcers and upstanding people to represent the Franchise now and/or in the future...oh yea, forget about Rodney Harrison too (who, yes, made an HGH mistake because he allowed his undying love for the game to get in the way of his injuries and age).  Look, ALL people make mistakes (including obviously BB), BUT I find it great to be a fan following these thoughtful and intelligent Patriot Players who rarely if even EVER act like loud-mouth, hubris laden Punks...  Speak of the Devil...I Gotta go shut the TV off now, Jim Rome is on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

I would love to see it happen because he's a d--che, but you have to admit he built a pretty good Jets team with some solid FA signings and draft picks.  He just shouldn't have messed with the Favre (and send a Legit starting QB to your division rival at the same time).

No doubt the Browns were hopping he could do the same "rebuild" for them.  So far, he's only been digging a grave.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Only reason he has a job is because Goody takes care of his stoolies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd love to see him get canned before the season is over.  I can't stand that little rat!!

Maybe Cleveland will actually get a competent coach and GM, then give them a few years and let them develop the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Mangini just threw his best friend, George Kokinis, under the bus in order to take some of the heat off of him, and keep his job. Why does this sound familiar?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/04/kokinis-fiasco-further-diminishes-mangini/

You might enjoy browsing through the comments to this article.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Consider this...Eric Mangini is now 2-11 in his last 13 games as a head coach (8 with the Browns, and 5 with the Jets). In the course of those games, his three QBs (Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, and Brett Favre) have combined for 5 TD passes and 21 interceptions. Yikes!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I thought NFL stood for "NERDY FAT LOSER" in MAN-weeny's case

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I've said all along, Mangini road BB's coat tails, along with the most talented Defense in Pats history, right into a head coaching job, that he didn't/doesn't/never will deserve. It's no surprise that he fails, it is surprising that he keeps getting chances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

In Response to NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini:
         As the lopsided losses pile up, hard questions are beginning to be asked about the direction of the Cleveland franchise: http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2009/11/as_cleveland_browns _slide_furt.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3

How does a team hire a former defensive coordinator from new england, fail miserably for a few years.... then go sign as his replacement the guy that worked UNDER him in NEw England and already failed himself in NEw York. 

I don't think the Browns' problems are on the field, I think they're upstairs.............. their management is completely backwards

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Today, Eric Mangini compared his situation in Cleveland to that of BB, when he was rebuilding the Pats. The "Mangenious" is definately losing it: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/09/mangini-browns-have-remarkable-similarities-to-patriots/

LOL!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Need more evidence that the inmates are running the assylum in Cleveland? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/14/browns-rally-around-jamal-lewis/.

Its' just a matter of time before "The Mangenius" gets run out of the league.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I wish the worst for that piece of scum

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He certainly must be considered for the honor of worst coach in the NFL now that Herm Edwards is doing commentary.  Couldn't happen to nicer back stabber.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Too bad - he is a class act. I wish him good luck...

oh boy! Tried to lie and take the high road here - no bloody way - just cannot do it... not with this piece of ....... 

I hope the Rat gets run out of Cleveland before the season is over !!! phew.. feel better now...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: NFL May Stand For "Not For Long" For Mangini:
    Too bad - he is a class act. I wish him good luck... oh boy! Tried to lie and take the high road here - no bloody way - just cannot do it... not with this piece of .......  I hope the Rat gets run out of Cleveland before the season is over !!! phew.. feel better now...
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

If Mangini gets fired in Cleveland as expected, he's likely done in the NFL for the foreseeable future. No head coach will hire him as an assistant, because its' common knowledge that he can't be trusted.

Mangini clearly has misplaced loyalties. He backstabs BB, who afforded him his NFL opportunity, and seemed to be grooming him to take over for him in New England. Yet, he helps out the team that used him as a scapegoat for their failures and unceremoniously fired him...by trading to them the #5 pick in last years' draft for the 17th overall pick and a bag of peanuts, and by trading away his most talented skilled position player (WR Braylon Edwards) for a 3rd and 5th rounder...after they had refused to trade him for a 2nd and 5th rounder during the draft. 

Whether some college team picks him up may be his only chance to ressurrect his coaching career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

After losing to the lowiest of the lowlies, the Detroit Lions, Eric Mangini is now complaining that the Lions "faked injuries" in order to slow down his no-huddle offense. You know, the Browns' famous no-huddle offense that has been burning up the league all season...LOL!!!

Desperation: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/mangini-hints-that-lions-may-have-faked-injuries/

Sections
Shortcuts