NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings

On "The Coaches Show" with Jim Mora and Brian Billick. Their power rankings this week:

1) Jets
    2) Falcons
    3) Saints
    4) Chargers
    5) Eagles
    6) Ravens

Yeah, that is what I thought.  Billick still hates the Pats?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire2. Show Quagmire2's posts

Re: NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings

In Response to NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]On "The Coaches Show" with Jim Mora and Brian Billick. Their power rankings this week: 1) Jets 2) Falcons 3) Saints 4) Chargers 5) Eagles 6) Ravens Yeah, that is what I thought.  Billick still hates the Pats?
    Posted by dkindc[/QUOTE]

Wow is this a joke? Or just more evidence as to why the "coaches" on that show (like Billick) are on TV and not coaching anymore!! Lets see we beat the Chargers in San Diego, we beat the Ravens, we beat the Colts, Steelers ect. But the good thing is, this is just the way BB, TB12 and the rest of the Patriots like it. Dont give them any respect! The us against the world mentality has worked thus far!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Nice one Quag.. if those coaches were worth their salt they would be on the sidelines.. so their evaluations are irrelevant for purposes other than forum banter..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]On "The Coaches Show" with Jim Mora and Brian Billick. Their power rankings this week: 1) Jets 2) Falcons 3) Saints 4) Chargers 5) Eagles 6) Ravens Yeah, that is what I thought.  Billick still hates the Pats?
    Posted by dkindc[/QUOTE]

Poor ranking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Shades of 2001... no one believes in the Pats in this go around.  Remember, Billick is a believer in DEFENSE wins championships and the Patriots' D is not one anyone believes in at this time.  The six teams listed are all well above the Pats in total team defense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

that is a JOKE, i cannot believe the pats aren't in the top 6 just because of their defense, THEY ARE 9-2!!!!

way better rankings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

Cold Hard Football Facts has the Pats number 1

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/10_235_Power_Rankings%3A_playoff_turmoil_is_NFL%27s_best_bet.html

1. NEW ENGLAND (9-2)
    2. ATLANTA (9-2)
    3. NEW ORLEANS (8-3)
    4. N.Y. JETS (9-2)
    5. GREEN BAY

I think the CHFF have an article showing that offense is more important than defense these days.  It is somewhere on their site.  Though they also say balance is more important than either offense or defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

Another good analysis has the Pats number 2 (thanks for the link  -"themightypatriotz")

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2010/week-12-dvoa-ratings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

After the Bears dismantle the Eagles, Philly is number 5?  The Pats are not even in the top 6? 

Precisely, that's why they're on tv and not on the sideline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Still, even more lunacy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Hopefully we can crack the top 20 if we beat the Jets........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Or, their offensive coordinator who wastes entire halves by tinkering with a spread offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Can you believe it?  According to this website:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2010/week-12-dvoa-ratings

The Pats offense is just as good as the 2007 offense and is the second best offense in history.  The quarterbacks coach must be doing a terrific job and certainly deserves the respect and admiration of all Pats fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I predicted it would be as lethal as 2007's, but in a much different way, with more balance.  Guess what, I was right. All the way down from begging them to get some legit TEs in here back before the draft.

The O LIne last year also only gave up 16 sacks, but if you watch the games, that stats is misleading.   So was their awesome time of possession, keeping teams' offense on the sidelines.

If they can improve this aspect, they'll be in business.

They need to improve on Time of Possession. 

They are improved in pass protection, running the ball, balance and red zone offense. They are far worse in time of possession which is a MAJOR issue come December and January. Make no mistake.

Back to back 3 and outs, a short field, and you could give away 10 points just by giving the other team a short field.

I want to know why they can't play 60 minutes on offense, so I turn to O'Brien.

The offense is run by some guy named Tom Brady.  I want to know why he calls spread plays in the 1st quarter or even into the 2nd quarter.

I watch the games, Mighty. I see them lallygag through entire halves on offense forcing a square peg into a round hole by using a spread or shotgun, going predictable with the pass.

Gee, I wonder why the Colts offense has stuttered more this year than in previous seasons?  One dimensional. That's why.

O'Brien goes one dimensional sometimes for an entire half.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Hey guys I said something on this board at some time in the past.

Guess what, I was right.

I know everything and am much smarter than the person BB selected to run the offense. 

blah blah blah

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nope.  Nice backpedal, though.

Or, that response of yours means you are insecure because what I am saying completely refutes your apparent enamored take with Bill O'Brien.

You'd have to be daft watching this team to deny two things:

1. The  offense only shows up for one half, normally, and it's directly related to the playcalling and the spread/shotgun formations.

2.  The 3rd down D is not consistent or good enough.

If they don't streamline these two aspects, they ain't winning a SB this year.

And yes, my analysis is pretty darn consistent. 

We have bozos like Andy Gresh on 98.5 babbling about how the loss of Moss would be terrible and that Branch doesn't improve it.

Guess what? It did improve it because it makes it less  predictable.

I just don't want O'Brien to make it predictable pretending the shotgun spread is effective.   Even the Detroit Lions defended it perfectly until they finally committed to the run.

BB does not call the offense. O'Brien does. That's his job, Mighty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Good post Mighty!  I have been really impressed with the Patriot offense lately. The seconf half of the Detroit game and the whole game against the Steelers, It sure did remind me of the Patriots a few years ago. I always believed that Tom Brady has a fire inside him to be the best, but he shows it more with his play than rather than the showboating that so mny other players do. If you seen him on the sidelines during the Steeler game, you know this guy is one tough competitor. I agree with some of the others that these rankings are joke, especially with the way the Patriots have played after the Cleveland loss. I would put the Patriots at the top right now. Atlanta looks pretty good, but seriously, if you were a betting man, who would you put your money on? Response to Re: NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]Can you believe it?  According to this website: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2010/week-12-dvoa-ratings The Pats offense is just as good as the 2007 offense and is the second best offense in history .  The quarterbacks coach must be doing a terrific job and certainly deserves the respect and admiration of all Pats fans.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i was watching their show the other day and billick was ranting about spygate 2.0- and how the spygate scandal has created the false impression among fans that coaches all cheat.
    he went on to discuss the nobility of the coach professiobn blah blah blah- but the whole point of his spiel was to trash the pats.
    that guy is a tool and that show suc/ks scrotu/m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My margin-of-victory ratings say:
    Patriots #1, 14.0 victories out of 16 if the season started fresh tomorrow.
    Green Bay #2, 12.5
    Philadelphia #3, 12.2
    . . .
    Jets #8, 10.9, not even close.
    I get these situations where Fox Sports expected Cincinnati to be #3 in the NFL preseason, and I warn people that Fox Sports is going to have rankings whiplash in about a week, and then the Patriots wallop the Bengals, and then Fox Sports does a somewhat painful tap dance.  As for me, the Patriots have moved from #2 in my NFL preseason ratings to #1 with a big comfortable lead.  Not exactly whiplash. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]i was watching their show the other day and billick was ranting about spygate 2.0- and how the spygate scandal has created the false impression among fans that coaches all cheat. he went on to discuss the nobility of the coach professiobn blah blah blah- but the whole point of his spiel was to trash the pats. that guy is a tool and that show suc/ks scrotu/m
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this yesterday.  I find it beyond hypocritical. And he expects us to believe his teams didn't have cameras filming the opponent on game days?

He's using that platform to try to ALSO make excuses why he didn't win more as coach of Baltimore.

There is no way on earth I am believing NFL teams didn't have cameras on the Patriots and whatever the intern was told to film during game.

It was never cheating and never an advantage.

Period.

How dumb are people with this topic?  Seriously.  If the NFL was so concerned about what was captured, why do they specificy where it's fine to film from on gameday? And why is a 22 year old intern responsible for what goes on the film??????

No argument the slanderers want to create adds up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings : I mentioned this yesterday.  I find it beyond hypocritical. And he expects us to believe his teams didn't have cameras filming the opponent on game days? He's using that platform to try to ALSO make excuses why he didn't win more as coach of Baltimore. There is no way on earth I am believing NFL teams didn't have cameras on the Patriots and whatever the intern was told to film during game. It was never cheating and never an advantage. Period. How dumb are people with this topic?  Seriously.  If the NFL was so concerned about what was captured, why do they specificy where it's fine to film from on gameday? And why is a 22 year old intern responsible for what goes on the film?????? No argument the slanderers want to create adds up.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    First of all, it's legal for a team to get NFL's premium package and to record every camera angle on every play.  Second, it's legal for a third party to sit in the stands and tape the opponent's sideline in high definition.  Then, if that same tape winds up in some coach's office and if money changes hands, who is going to know?  Haven't you seen all of the coaches holding clipboards in front of their mouths when they call in plays on the secure headset? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Why let someone's opinion bother you?  Who cares what either thinks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL Network Coaches show - Power Rankings : First of all, it's legal for a team to get NFL's premium package and to record every camera angle on every play.  Second, it's legal for a third party to sit in the stands and tape the opponent's sideline in high definition.  Then, if that same tape winds up in some coach's office and if money changes hands, who is going to know?  Haven't you seen all of the coaches holding clipboards in front of their mouths when they call in plays on the secure headset? 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course I have.  Where is the evidence that only NE's filming is somehow an advantage?

In what way is it, and why is it that we assume no other NFL teams had their cameras on ourt players and sidelines if filming is legal and Goodell's people, or Tagliabe's people never once looked at any team's films??????

It's funny to me that every single troll/hater type fan babbles about cheating and then when you ask (how so?), they don't answer it.

The person yesterday who said the Comp Committee got together with Rogie as he came into the NFL and sold him on this potential ability to gain in advantage in a game, he adjusted the rule to include the sidelines. He got cute with the wording of the rule and it backfired.

I think he knew NE and other teams weren't taking the rule seriously and wanted it taken seriously because technology today can lead to a possible deemed advantage.

In all seriousness, what is stopping any team to email footage during a game, series by series to someone sitting at home?

Just upload what you film to some site, the person has the password, sees the signals and then explains the signals to someone who has the power to make a decision.

There isn't really, but this is why and why it's completely bizarre teams are allowed to film. And, if they were that concerned about this, it would ILLEGAL for a team to film whatsoever.

Sections
Shortcuts