NFL Network Playbook AFC, what a joke. I guess the Pats should not even show up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Re: NFL Network Playbook AFC, what a joke. I guess the Pats should not even show up.

Without a question most of the football fan base, the media, and especially the NFL would like to see the Ravens beat our Pats.  Our New England Patriots have achieved the status of the New York Yankees in the sense that most football/baseball fans want to see the best of the best get beat.  Win or lose, and I obviously hope our Pats win, I'm hoping for an entertaining football game between two very good football teams.  One big wish is that CBS dosen't turn the drama away from the game and onto constantly panning on Ray Lewis like CBS did during the Broncos/Ravens game.  Focus should be on the game and not Ray Lewis CBS. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: NFL Network Playbook AFC, what a joke. I guess the Pats should not even show up.

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

This is why I don't read, watch or listen to any sports leading up to a game.  I watch and listen to all of them right after a victory only.

I highly recommend this approach for everyone.

I could not second this more heartily.

I made the mistake of tuning into the network pregame shows before the divisional round games last Sunday --  hoping I might see some  highlights of Peyton Manning gacking it up (again) in  his own inimitable style -- but wouldn't you know, the league is not interested in promoting that. Instead, what I got was endless fascination with the thug -- Ray Lewis -- and how "inspirational" he is.

So let this be a lesson to you parents out there:

Ummmm . . .

Never mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

I think it was NFL Live on NFL network yesterday that had some lame text poll, "what superbowl matchup do you most want to see".  Pat-SF and Pats-ATL had like 3 and 5% of the vote respectively, and Bal-SF and Bal-ATL had 30 and 50% or something like that.  I'm sure league officials won't be pressuring the refs at all tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

"Ignore the noise"

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to lucbom's comment:

Without a question most of the football fan base, the media, and especially the NFL would like to see the Ravens beat our Pats.  Our New England Patriots have achieved the status of the New York Yankees in the sense that most football/baseball fans want to see the best of the best get beat.  Win or lose, and I obviously hope our Pats win, I'm hoping for an entertaining football game between two very good football teams.  One big wish is that CBS dosen't turn the drama away from the game and onto constantly panning on Ray Lewis like CBS did during the Broncos/Ravens game.  Focus should be on the game and not Ray Lewis CBS. 

Agreed, except for the fact that the Pats did it with a salary cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

not even trying to sound like a homer, but if the pats arent in the super bowl, the ratings will fall drastically.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

not even trying to sound like a homer, but if the pats arent in the super bowl, the ratings will fall drastically.

I agree with this as well. I think there a lot of people that want the Pats to make it, just to pray they wil lose. Besides, even if you don't hate the Pats any truely objective fan would have a hard time agruing that Ravens vs Falcons is going to get many people excited.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Who actually wants to see Joe Flacco in the Super Bowl? He might lead the Ravens to 3 points against the 49ers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Don't know about that....  A Harbaugh Brother SB will generate a significant amount of interest plus add Ray Lewis being in his absolutely very LAST NFL game.  Outside of NE, your post reeks of "homerism".  Sorry!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to paesan59's comment:

Just watched this joke of a show. They practically spent the entire show on the Ravens and how great they are on everything. It was only at the end that they gave a few props to the Pats. What a bunch of crap biased show. Granted Billick was their coach but what a homer. As a reporter isn't he supposed to give a somewhat unbiased approach. The show for me was boderline unwatchable. Sterling Sharpe is the only one picking the Pats. Guess the Pats should not even show up.

LOL...you beat me to it! You're absolutely right!! After what I heard, the Pats' shouldn't even show up...if they know what's good for them! Donavan McNabb and Brian Billick were obnoxiously pro-Raven. Considering that Billick is a former Ravens' head coach, and McNabb had that unforunate experience with the Pats in SB 39, are you really surprised?  

I don't put much stock in what they predict. the fact of the matter is that both team can beat the other if one or the other shows up and spits the bit...

The Patriots are 9.5 point favorites, playing at home...Which means that most of the action is slanted toward New England. That's not something to be overlooked as trivial....

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Don't know about that....  A Harbaugh Brother SB will generate a significant amount of interest plus add Ray Lewis being in his absolutely very LAST NFL game.  Outside of NE, your post reeks of "homerism".  Sorry!

noone outside of san fran and baltimore wants to see that crappy super bowl.....i stated the truth. theres a reason the two highest rated super bowls of all time had the patriots in them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

i havent watched NFL network besides the re-running of the pats-baltimore game from last year and the sound fx from last weekend...watched espn's playoff version of NFL live and they were all talking about how many mismatches the pats present against the ravens. trey wingo, tedy bruschi, and mark schlereth all picked new england to win. so i see it as a wash, the pats haters will continue to hate.

Your right.  It isn't only the Patriots, but all Boston teams.  They have been so successful in recent years that many analysts are jealous and hateful of Boston professional teams. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I don't care about who hates the Pats. The reason why I started the thread is I expected an even amount of time analyzing both teams. Instead we get an hour long show devoted almost entirely to analyzing the Ravens. When watching the show I was thinking well the first half hour is all about the Ravens and the second half hour will be about the Pats. It was an all Raven show.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I saw this too and it pissed me off.  But then I realized that the Playbook crew was just giving the Ravens a hand job because they blew the call on the Broncos game so badly.  They feel they have to give the Ravens "respect" because they dissed them so badly last week and ended up with egg all over their faces.  So they're making the same mistake this week .  .  .

Sections
Shortcuts