NFL Rip-Off ~ GOODELL 's "Weak" 17 Decision STINKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: NFL Rip-Off ~ GOODELL 's "Weak" 17 Decision STINKS

In the end, Enoch, really doesn't matter.  The Pats are in the playoffs and they have to beat whoever is on the field to get to the SB.  This has become an issue only because the Jets have been fortunate to have the "stars" align in such a way their improbability of getting into the playoffs is happening.  How much better can it get to have to play your last two games against teams with nothing to play for when you need to win.  The efforts of those teams will be questioned and we all know how the Colts laid it down for the Jets. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That is kind of my point.

A friend of mine was trying to tell me that Rex Ryan is going to feel like they got into the playoffs by having it handed to him. My response was that Ryan will probably just start preparing for the WC game and couldn't give 2 carps how they got in. Life goes on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

even though I'm a bit intrigued about the outcome of jerks Bengal's game I would love to spend Sunday night watching the Eagles and Cowboys for the 1 game NFC East and maybe the #2 int he NFC. That game will be nasty, hard hitting between two teams that do not like each other.
    I think that is the game of the week, I'm still tuning in at 8:15 to watch me some faith hill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whether you got in backwards, in a slinky type of way or roared in, the Jets couldn't care less if they get in.  Obviously, they'll be a one and done team.  They will not have been under ANY pressure at seasons end and to think they'll win one on the road, in Cincy or the Razor is a stretch.  You think Cincy wants to face them twice in a row?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Let's look at this another way, can the Pats or the Bengals afford to throw one away by resting their starters? Neither one has a consistent string of big wins demonstrating they have control. I see them both playing hard for the win and if that comes in the third or forth so be it, rest them then but only when the game's in hand.

BTW-The Bengals have (arguably) the best corners in the league so Sanchez will throw this one away in the first half anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

As it gets closer to Sunday, I'm becoming more convinced that the Pats will play to win. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

This theory has a lot of merit. I hate to bring up spy gate again but remember who was behind it all. The New York sports writers and Eric Mangini then coach of the Jets.

They are soar looser cry babies down there who will stop at nothing to give NY teams every unfair advantage.

I mean - they bought a word series this year. Isn't that enough?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"soar looser"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

They should have put the Eagles vs Cowboys game on NBC. That's the game with the most at stake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The pats got screwed last year by the schedule change. Schedule changes SHOULD NOT be allow in football. The NFL is very corrupt. Im starting to lose interest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Can we just ask the mods to make the conspiracy thread sticky? If the commish really wanted an NY team in the playoffs, what explains the collapse of the NYG, who have a larger national following as recent SB Champs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GREEN-KILLER3O. Show GREEN-KILLER3O's posts

Keep in mind that Goodell was/is a NY Jet employee....just sayin.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I said on another thread that the Pats will play Brady and probably give Hoyer two meaning full possessions....translation the last wo possesion sof the game )late 3rd and 4th quarter.) 

My reasoning was their decision in '05 to paly Cassel in the final game against Miami which was lost 28-26 (missed two point conversion).  That dropped us to the 4th seed.  I wasn't sure if the game meant anything so I looked it up....a win then would have assured us the 3 seed having held the tie breaker with Pittsburgh in head to to head earlier that year. 

Hind sight is 20-20, but a win that year would have resulted in Pitt instead of Jax at home.....a big difference, and had form held, would have resulted in us going to Denver for game 2.  To me that would have been brutal.   As it played out...we beat Jax easily and Pitts as a WC beat Cincy.  Which resulted in us going were we tried to avoid Denver. 

There was more at large that year...this year they play it out.  Better to be a well oiled machine than to be one that is uncertain and this team is still uncertain on the road.  I say Brady and Co play AT LEAST 2 1/2 quarters.  If they have a 7- 10 point lead (if they don't knowing what I know about the Texans I will be disappointed), they may rest some of the guys. 

Lastly I believe alot of the rest stuff is BS.  When the Pats traveled to SD then back out to Indy, several guys had the flu if I remember correctly.  They almost won.....it's the playoffs.....the best team will win

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

schwank - just an FYI - Pittsburgh was the WC that year. If the Pats won, they would have had the third seed over Cinci based on common opponents.

That was the year that Cinci was going strong until Palmer got his knee blown out in the WC against the Steelers. Totally deflated them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I hope we play to win and make the Bangles have to do the same.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Can we just ask the mods to make the conspiracy thread sticky? If the commish really wanted an NY team in the playoffs, what explains the collapse of the NYG, who have a larger national following as recent SB Champs?

Eli.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Killa, I'm sure they will. They played unbelievable last week but need to keep that momentum going into the playoffs. If they can get it to a three possession lead they'll sit people or if someone's not 100% (Wilfork) I could see them sitting but my guess is the Jets are going to have to earn their way in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbuddie. Show bigbuddie's posts

You must have been living under a rock if you have never seen the networks kiss NY hinnie. It happens in all sports not just the NFL. There are plenty of reasons to blast Goodell but this isn't one and besides the Jets will get killed in the playoffs. Now thats entertainment. Go Pats

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

If the Bengals lose, they play the Jets in the WC round no matter what we do.  Isn't that right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

-- "I am wondering why people think there is some huge conspiracy when the Jets/Bengals game is clearly the best game this weekend in terms of potential ratings." --

I realize both teams are already in the playoffs, but Cowboys/Eagles for the NFC East figures to be a much better game, not to mention that Philly is playing for the second seed and a bye. Add in the Cowboys' imaginary national following and you've got Box Office Boffo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[Quote] I firmly believe the Coaches / Players / Refs are 100% legitimate and above reproach --[/Quote]

In his book "Personal Foul", an NBA ref has called out that sport's commish for throwing playoff games, just to make the playoff season longer and sell more ads.  He also called out his fellow refs as a group, saying that they had good and bad relationships with players, with owners and with teams.  For example, all sorts of tickytack fouls would be called on Latrell Sprewell to destroy his game, because the refs as a group didn't like him.  Finally, certain elements of the mob love to throw NBA games, at least from the ref's point of view.

Does the mob also want to throw football games, when the betting is far higher?  Probably.

Did someone pull a fire alarm at 1:00 a.m. when the Jets came to Foxboro?  Was that related to the game? 

Do the refs make tickytack calls?  All the time.  Are there patterns specifically linked to their 7 point game-changer calls?  Yes.

Does the NFL front office manipulate games for ratings?  Maybe.  It would be an enforced version of parity to boost national ratings.  Is the front office's thuggery going to backfire?  Probably -- it's ultimately obvious and bad for the sport.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I realize both teams are already in the playoffs, but Cowboys/Eagles for the NFC East figures to be a much better game, not to mention that Philly is playing for the second seed and a bye. Add in the Cowboys' imaginary national following and you've got Box Office Boffo.

I realize that, but it is just for seeding. Cinci/NJJ will be for the final wildcard as well as seeding. With the Jets playing for the final wildcard, you get all the fans of AFC teams who might get the 6th seed still watching. And you get the NY audience. This touches on the most fans of particular teams. 

Although, watching Romo drop a game winner somehow is always a delight.