NFL Season Opener Next Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

NFL Season Opener Next Season

Since the Superbowl is getting closer i've started thinking... I wonder who they will have play the Superbowl winner in the season opener next season?

If the Colts win, I think it's going to be an annoying game.  Giants @ Colts; the Manning Bowl.  Gag.

I do have a feeling that they might wait off on the Manning Bowl for later in the season for a regular Sunday Night game or a MNF game.  If so, then it could be: Chargers @ Colts or Cowboys @ Colts

If the Aint's win, it will probably be one of the following: Vikings @ Aints or Steelers @ Aints.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: NFL Season Opener Next Season

I think they should kick off the opening weekend with all 4 championship contenders from the previous year.  

The Colts would open against the Vikings

The Saints would play the Jets

I think it's a pretty good idea and I wonder why no one has thought of it yet.  It's almost like a case of what "could've been".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

You're right, that would be cool.  

I'm the sh!t when it comes to good ideas.  Like a good idea magnet or something. 

Seriously though, I think teams play their divisional teams twice and one division from the opposite conference.  So that's 13 games right there with off the bat.  I'm not exactly sure how they come up with the remaining 3, but we always seem to get a Colts matchup as well as a Steelers one too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"we always seem to get a Colts matchup as well as a Steelers one too"

That's because first place teams play first place teams in the other divisions, second place teams play second place teams etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The schedule is subject to a formula. Each team plays six in its own division, four each against a particular conference and non-conference division , with two left over against the other in-conference divisions that finished in the same place (first, in the Pats case).  Any "dream matchup" in the season opener would somehow have to fit into that scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

16 game season breaks down like this - you play your own division 6 games, another complete division in your conference 4 games, another complete division from the other conference for 4 games. The 2 remaining games are the exact same place finisher as you in the  2 divisions of your conference that you dont play against..

Sections
Shortcuts