NFL Sunday Ticket Online! For non-subscribers!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

NFL Sunday Ticket Online! For non-subscribers!

So after getting denied DirecTV service yesterday because my balcony doesn't have a proper view of the Southern Hemisphere, I had given up my hopes to get every Pats game out here in LA and was resigned to going to crappy bars every Sunday sitting next to Jets & Steelers fans while I watch my boys play.
    And then.... everything changed...
    DirecTV just unveiled yesterday (Yes, the same day I got turned down for service) NFL Sunday Ticket Online for those people (like me) who live in places where service won't work. It's pricey ($350 one-time payment) but whatever, I've been waiting for them to do this just like MLB.com (was great being able to see every Sox injury, I mean game) and now they have. Starting in 2012 it will be available to everyone, not just those who can't get DirecTV now. Forget Slingbox and the hassle that was going to go along with that, DirecTV came through for us Pats fans who moved away but still need our Patriot fix.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Online! For non-subscribers!

This sounds like a sales pitch to me....WHo are you? Where do you come from? and why are there no discount coupons?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

If this is true, that's freakin' fantastic! I can't get Direct TV either because my balcony faces the opposite direction, and since I live in Vegas.....I'd pretty much given up hope on getting to see many Pats games at home. But, this changes everything! Do you have a link?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

First of all, I think $350 for online streaming is ridiculous. It should be no more than 75% of the normal price- not 100%

Online streaming generally stinks comparatively speaking. MLB.com has been going for 3 years now and they are still not 100% as far as pictue quality goes- from what I hear.

You are going to need a really fast connection for good quality. And you are probably not going to have a reliable method for recording games. I don't know about you, but I don't want my TV controlling my schedule especially in this day and age of Tivo and DVRs. I don't get enough time with my girlfriend. Weekends are about it. I love the Pats, but I would much rather spend the day with her and watch the game after she's gone to bed. Weekend time is precious enough that I don't need to waste an hour of it watching commercials. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

Also, if you want to stream Pats games channelsurfing.net carries all NFL games and is completely legal and FREE- not $350. I'm betting there are other sites that do the same.

And I'm not going to name sites here for obvious reasons. But there are plenty of torrent sites where you can download any NFL game, the following or same day. Usually in high def.

Again, $350 for streaming seems crazy to me. Also you have to "prove" that you can't get normal Direct TV service. Whatever that means. Who in their right mind would purchase this at 100% of the regular price if they could get it the normal way?

$99, or even $149, would seem somewhat reasonable. But this is insanely overpriced

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

$350. Thats not too bad.  Does that include playoffs. Wish they had an installment plan. I just shelled out $500 for a german shepherd puppy Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

It doesn't go on sale until the week before the season starts, here's the link:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

Doesn't include playoffs, those are on National TV, but you get Redzone Channel, the Fantasy Tracker and Mix Channel, 4 games on the screen at once. I was hoping for an installment plan, but no dice...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Thats great for you. I live in Md and basically can never get a Pats game on TV here. It' all about the Deadskins, Steelers and Ravens here. Frown

Here's a really good online site that u can watch all of the games live and for free. tvmov.net

I have a mac so i just plug it into the TV and have the game on my flat screen  and enjoy! I can't wait for it to be available for non subscribers NFL redzone is great but i would love for Comcast to do the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Sweet! $350 for everything...but I think you can get it for less than $300 if you drop a few options...without losing anything significant. I'm pretty psyched about this! I was not looking forward to having to hit a bar at 10am on a Sunday (west coast) to watch the Pats.

Plus, when you think of the alternative, if I did have to watch it at the bar, $350 comes to about $20/week (17 wks), which is less than I would spend in a bar in a 3-4 hour span.

So, somehow I've convinced myself that if I spend $350 on the NFL Sunday Ticket, I will actually be saving money.

See how I did that? Woo hoo! GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Online! For non-subscribers!:
    Thats great for you. I live in Md and basically can never get a Pats game on TV here. It' all about the Deadskins, Steelers and Ravens here.  Here's a really good online site that u can watch all of the games live and for free. tvmov.net I have a mac so i just plug it into the TV and have the game on my flat screen  and enjoy! I can't wait for it to be available for non subscribers NFL redzone is great but i would love for Comcast to do the same.
    Posted by breezer827

actually you can do this with any computer.  

pretty much every computer has at least a VGA out (trapazoid pin), many computers nowadays come with S-Video which most tvs can directly input, DVI is a new popular option that is like VGA but higher res, but if your lucky like me and you have an HDMI out on your laptop and an HD slingbox at someones house in new england, you can plug in and watch at 1080p on your buddys new 52-inch plasma.

otherwise, i just bought a converterbox ($35)for VGA to RCA (red white yellow TV inputs) because, sadly, i have no 52-inch plasma.  Also, i assume that most high end TVs now have VGA HDMI S-Video Component and RCA anyway

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though I buy the NFL package on Direct TV,I don't usually need it to watch the Patriots as I live in Central coastal Florida and I get just about every Patriots game on regular TV. I actually get blacked out of most of the Pats games on DTV.

Sections
Shortcuts