nfl sunday ticket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

nfl sunday ticket

i used to go to sports bars to catch pats games but today i purchased the nfl sunday ticket from direct tv. i'm so psyched for this coming season... i might be more interested in the preseason games - just to see how the young players develop- than the early games of the regular season even.
    there is a lot of reason for optimism for pats fans even if they have a lot of young players. because the other teams that routinely rate higher in the afc power rankings- the colts and chargers are choke artistes. i don't feel as if the super bowl is not reachable
    on the offensive side of the ball, a major major problem with the 09 pats was red zone offense. and even though hernandez and gronkowski are rooks i think they'll make a huge difference in the patriots success rate within the 20-yard line.
    i think fred taylor looked great last year and if he can stay healthy prospects look even brighter.
    the season seemed years away since that lost to baltimore and now it is only a few weeks away- fantastic!

also isnt hrc great here http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/4286340/hillary-clinton-on-the-record-from-pakistan/?playlist_id=86925

if you change nothing about obama except for his skin color would he be president? this guy was only elected because he was black

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: nfl sunday ticket

In Response to nfl sunday ticket:
    i used to go to sports bars to catch pats games but today i purchased the nfl sunday ticket from direct tv. i'm so psyched for this coming season... i might be more interested in the preseason games - just to see how the young players develop- than the early games of the regular season even. there is a lot of reason for optimism for pats fans even if they have a lot of young players. because the other teams that routinely rate higher in the afc power rankings- the colts and chargers are choke artistes. i don't feel as if the super bowl is not reachable on the offensive side of the ball, a major major problem with the 09 pats was red zone offense. and even though hernandez and gronkowski are rooks i think they'll make a huge difference in the patriots success rate within the 20-yard line. i think fred taylor looked great last year and if he can stay healthy prospects look even brighter. the season seemed years away since that lost to baltimore and now it is only a few weeks away- fantastic! also isnt hrc great here http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/4286340/hillary-clinton-on-the-record-from-pakistan/?playlist_id=86925 if you change nothing about obama except for his skin color would he be president? this guy was only elected because he was black
    Posted by sirpinochle

how much is that?  im about to drop 300 on an HD slingbox to put in my parents house back in mass so i can stream the games to my laptop out here colorado.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: nfl sunday ticket:
    In Response to nfl sunday ticket : how much is that?  im about to drop 300 on an HD slingbox to put in my parents house back in mass so i can stream the games to my laptop out here colorado.
    Posted by flutie66

The closer to the season the cheaper they make it.  Last year I purchased it a week before the season for $99 with superfan (HD games).  Regularly I think it's around $300.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

It is three hundred dollars, but I m glad to pay it to see the Pats and all the other games. I like being able to put all the games on the screen at the same time. Still it's cheaper than one day at the stadium.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Its really nice to be able to watch the other teams, gives you a whole perspective. It does su-ck though watching the Jets and Miami wishing both teams lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: nfl sunday ticket : The closer to the season the cheaper they make it.  Last year I purchased it a week before the season for $99 with superfan (HD games).  Regularly I think it's around $300.
    Posted by shenanigan

well, that's good to know.

I'm in southern california and i was  told its upwards of $300. I'll ask again a week before the season starts.

the problem with sports bars is that unless you're a local fan, you're on a small screen in a corner, listeningto the local team's (chargers or raiders, both of whom i hate) sound on the big screen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: nfl sunday ticket : well, that's good to know. I'm in southern california and i was  told its upwards of $300. I'll ask again a week before the season starts. the problem with sports bars is that unless you're a local fan, you're on a small screen in a corner, listeningto the local team's (chargers or raiders, both of whom i hate) sound on the big screen.
    Posted by unclealfie

Yeah, DirecTV is kind of shady you have to barter sometimes.  They gave me the $99 price so I told my neighbor.  He called up and asked for the same price and they said that  wasn't available so he decided not to get it.  Then they said "no wait, I found a way to give it to you for $99."

The next year I would have to pay regular price if I didn't cancel by the first game of the season.  So we kept waiting for a deal to come out.  It never did so we called to cancel before the season and they gave it to us for $99 again.  

But they promised us all local channels but then they didn't give us NBC.  Which meant no Sunday Night Football game.  I pointed out that they lied but basically unless your a lawyer there ain't jack you can do, there's probably some clause in their contract about them being aloud to screw you over when they feel like it.   They said we had to call them and request that they get a waiver because they did not have rights to give us NBC from the local area.  That process took a couple months but they finally gave us NBC (four NBC's in all the timezones).This was in nowheresville Alabama so it may not be a problem in other places.

Anyway, to make a long story longer, the service is good but dealing with DirecTV is kind of like buying jewelry from a street vendor.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AHHH. Show AHHH's posts

Every year I threaten to discontinue and I get it all for $150.  I dont think you will get preseason games though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

This is true. If you have NFL Sunday ticket already, call a week before the season starts and tell them you have decided it is too expensive and you cannot afford it. They will give you a lower price. If the price they quote you at first is not as low as you would like, repeat the above phrase and they will likely give you a lower price. If the person on the other end of the phone is a hard butt, cancel the NFL ticket. You will get a call back within a day or two with a very discounted price. You can count on this.
    I did this last year and had no trouble my first time on the phone. I will do it again this year. If they don't give me a discounted price I will cancel and go to my friends or the sports bar, but $300 is a rip off.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

or just root for your local team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vonhanep. Show vonhanep's posts

[QUOTE]i used to go to sports bars to catch pats games but today i purchased the nfl sunday ticket from direct tv. i'm so psyched for this coming season... i might be more interested in the preseason games - just to see how the young players develop- than the early games of the regular season even. 
    I had the NFL Sunday Ticket for several years (in 2001 it cost $159/yr and HD games were free although not all games were available in HD).  The preseason games are not included in the package, and when the Pats are on a national broadcast on Sunday, playing on Sunday or Monday night or as one of the NFL Network's Thursday games, or playing in your home market (vs. Denver whether in Foxboro or Denver), the game will be blacked out on the NFL Sunday Ticket.  The price kept going up about $20 per season (after the NFL and DirecTV signed a mega deal for exclusive broadcast rights), and then they added the $99 Super Fan package to squeeze even more dollars from the fans.  Not all of the games are broadcast in HD and in seasons where the team is good (or least was good the previous season), I found myself in 2007 paying full freight for only 8 games per season that were not available on other channels or were blacked out, which effectively doubled the price per game available in the package.  Since I switched from DirecTV to Verizon FIOS, I no longer get to watch the Pats every week, but still get to see about 6 games per season otherwise.  With Verizon FIOS, I still have access to the MLB Extra Innings package, which is not exclusive to DirecTV, and I can watch most of the Red Sox games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

no preseason games? is that a fact? i'll delay installation if that is true....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Posted by fitz0527

So you would just change who you root for if you moved?  If you take a vacation to Florida to you become a dolphins fan that week?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

no preseason games? is that a fact? i'll delay installation if that is true....
    Posted by sirpinochle

They broadcast all the preseason games on the NFL network after they are played

For all of you who won't spend $300 to watch football, why are you being so mean to yourselves??  This is such a good value, that owners are getting worried fans will stay home rather than go to stadiums. Kraft is going to show the red zone channel during games.. Can you see it--Koppen ready to hike the ball cheer goes up because Sanchez gets sacked and fumbles the ball! yikes!!

Problem is it's only available on direct tv. If they could make the satellite look like a bird house, i'd really be happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I do not have Direct TV, but, a friend of mind was able to talk them down to 29.99 for 6 months for sunday ticket.   Another friend got it for $36 a month for 6 months.  They both said they were not going to pay $314 price here in Mississippi.  They ask the rep for a better deal and threaten to stop service with them if they could not work out a deal.  Maybe you guys should try it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

I have had the ticket since 1995. It cost me $79 for the year. Even though we hav season tickets I still love the ticket. ITs nice that they allow you to pay mothly for 6 months. Being able to watch the other games is awesome. Go Sunday Ticket

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

if you change nothing about obama except for his skin color would he be president? this guy was only elected because he was black
    Posted by sirpinochle

THIS IS THE MOST RETARDED THING I HAVE READ IN A WHILE, AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING.   I personally voted for the guy because he made sense to me, and wasn't all caught up in hysteria.  During the debate with HRC, when asked to comment on her "ducking sniper fire" statement, he let it go, saying that mistakes sometimes get made in campaigns when people are tired.  Next question to her, about HIS "angry and bitter" voters comment, she LAMBASTES him.  Real class.  She had NO chance at my vote at that point, no matter how white she is.
    Not trying to turn the thread political, but to insert this in the post was just too much for me. 

About Sunday Ticket... this is the first year since 2002 that I absolutely can't afford it.  Im looking at something called nflinternetbroadcast.com, is anyone aware of this or used it?  I'm smelling a rat, but it would be sweet if it worked, i got the computer horsepower to connect this to my tv and that would be all i need.  I'm not sure, but if I can't watch the Pats I don't think I can watch at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by fitz0527

No offense to jbolt but the thought of rooting for the chargers makes me throw up in my mouth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

About Sunday Ticket... this is the first year since 2002 that I absolutely can't afford it.  Im looking at something called nflinternetbroadcast.com, is anyone aware of this or used it?  I'm smelling a rat, but it would be sweet if it worked, i got the computer horsepower to connect this to my tv and that would be all i need.  I'm not sure, but if I can't watch the Pats I don't think I can watch at all.
    Posted by Davedsone

like i said... go out and buy an hd slingbox for 300.  all you need is someone in new england to put the box in their house and you can watch the games without having to fork over money every year.  i just have to pay 8 bucks a month for the hd cable box at my parents house, but thats not even necesary.  or they have a non-hd slingbox for like 150-200

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The Pats are on national tv at least 3 times a year, and in some markets they're the choice game if its a 4 o'clock game.  So basically you get to see about half the Pats regular season games just about anywhere.  Living in the Boston area, I would compare this to seeing the Cowboys' games on tv all the time.  For the rest of the Pats' games, what's so horrible about going to a sports bar and having some good food/drinks while you're watching the Pats?  I actually enjoy interacting/talking trash with fans of other teams.  Get out and live a little.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, first off, I'm a recovered alcoholic.  Not a huge deal, but somewhat awkward for me.  Also, those places cost money, and if I had that much, I'd just re-up with Sunday Ticket.  Just wanted to know if anyone tried this other thing to see if its legit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to nfl sunday ticket : how much is that?  im about to drop 300 on an HD slingbox to put in my parents house back in mass so i can stream the games to my laptop out here colorado.
    Posted by flutie66

One thing to keep in mind Flutie.  I believe a sling box will only broadcast the channel being watched on the cable box it's hooked up to.  So I hope you parents are fans or you purchase them a separate cable box for your Sling Box.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I've had the ticket for 4 years and pay 300 everytime plus 99 for superfan. I never thought about cancelling to get a better deal, but after reading these posts I will. Thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

My 2 Cents:

1. If you have DirecTV and can afford the NFL Sunday Ticket annually, it's well worth it; especially if you live out of the area.

2. If you don't have DirecTV, can't afford it annually, or simply want to watch "local" coverage of your team apart from simply watching the games, SlingBox is the way to go.  Of course, you need a relative or friend back home to install it.  As Tcal2 mentioned, you can only watch the channel on the box it is connected to, but you can also change the channels remotely.  I'd just pay to get an extra cable box installed that can be dedicated to the SlingBox.  I just got back from 2 months in Europe, and the SlingBox worked like a charm.  I was broadcasting from my home in CA to the Czech Republic.

Sections
Shortcuts