NFL - Tells AZ- No or Else

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: NFL - Tells AZ- No or Else

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Seawolf, I don't necessarily take back all of what I said, nor have my opinions changed, however I will acknowledge that I came on far too strong and could've presented my thoughts on the subject in a more civil and less confrontational way. My apologies, for whatever that's worth. 

Hope you have a fantastic evening. Ditto for the rest of you all. 

I will attempt to gather my thoughts on the subject at a later time and present them in a, shall we say, kinder (and hopefully more coherent) way. 

Laughing

Thank you so much, I will more than welcome your thoughts . We really don't disagree that much. I look at this forum as guys sitting around a bar room table discussing stuff, if I came back to strong I apologize

have a good one

btw

the gov just vetoed it as being too broad, unfortuneately that doesn't settle anything or move us down a better path. I don't like how this started and I don't like all the PC around it. I am mostly worried about frivolous law suits And I see them coming. Hope. I am wrong

Like you said, the bill is dead....it won't come back in AZ...the republicans that submitted the bill have been runing away from the bill...it's done...but you're right, it's based on an ALEC bill, so it will be submitted in a similar form in some southern state...it won't be settled until it goes to the Supreme Court....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

or else the SB will be taken away

I would tell them to take it and shove it. I dont like being bullied - forget the issue

The NFL is a bully, they have problems galore, are hypocrites when it comes to player saftey. They really only care about making money, no matter what BS they try and peddle. They will ruin the NFL just like the NCAA ruined college basketball, And  the NHL ruined the hockey and the NBA ruined the regular seasons.

But i can see that the Gov will veto it

By the way there is already a rulke ginst using the N word or anything like it

THe NFL is a bully when it, as a business, makes it clear it will decide to take its business elsewhere because it wont condone bigotry but if local business or people decide to refuse their business to others they are justified.

Sorry, but you cant have it both ways. Not unless you want to be a hypocrit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Look , I was just listening on the tube, and no one is sure what the law really says

Does it stop taking medical care of someone who is gay? Obviously completeky untenable and a sin

or is it something common sense? I don't know, but I naturally distrust advocacy groups, politicians and media. I certainly don't trust the NFL or Goodell. I definitely don't trust Brewer or McCain who are less than almost smart

In the end I think the PC advocates will rule and I am tired of them. And the NFL office sux

ANyone who reads the SHORT TWO PAGE law knows what it says. IT is intenitonally general so that the most amount of bigotry can be condoned!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

What is the difference between a person discriminating against a gay person because they disagree with them

and

The NFL discriminating against Arizona because they disagree with it?

It's all discrimination.  The pot is calling the kettle black.

You have every right to be offended.  You have no right to not be offended.

You really dont have a clue that two different actions with two different purposes are generally not equal arguments?

Take the idea that while one person might kill someone in cold blood another might kill sonmeone in self defense. The two acts and intentions are dramatically different. Their moral values are not at all equal.

In the case you bring up one party is trying to make acts of bigotry that impact real people are legally defensable while the other example is a party saying that it will act to protect the premise that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Come on and start to think things through.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

or else the SB will be taken away

I would tell them to take it and shove it. I dont like being bullied - forget the issue

The NFL is a bully, they have problems galore, are hypocrites when it comes to player saftey. They really only care about making money, no matter what BS they try and peddle. They will ruin the NFL just like the NCAA ruined college basketball, And  the NHL ruined the hockey and the NBA ruined the regular seasons.

But i can see that the Gov will veto it

By the way there is already a rulke ginst using the N word or anything like it

THe NFL is a bully when it, as a business, makes it clear it will decide to take its business elsewhere because it wont condone bigotry but if local business or people decide to refuse their business to others they are justified.

Sorry, but you cant have it both ways. Not unless you want to be a hypocrit.

You give the nfl way too much credit, they are running from the " red skin" fiasco

If they were really serious they would have said they would take away the AZ franchise, I mean after all they are really against bigotry aren't they? The nfl is a monster who makes a ton of money and is a bully. They think that because that they have a great product which makes money that they are well run. they aren't and someday the state is going to gore their ox.. Just like they have done with the catholic church. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Look , I was just listening on the tube, and no one is sure what the law really says

Does it stop taking medical care of someone who is gay? Obviously completeky untenable and a sin

or is it something common sense? I don't know, but I naturally distrust advocacy groups, politicians and media. I certainly don't trust the NFL or Goodell. I definitely don't trust Brewer or McCain who are less than almost smart

In the end I think the PC advocates will rule and I am tired of them. And the NFL office sux

ANyone who reads the SHORT TWO PAGE law knows what it says. IT is intenitonally general so that the most amount of bigotry can be condoned!

well Pro you may be right. but hold your bigotry talk as some might believe you are a bigot against religous people. And by the way , since you had this two page dOC and people were saying here how they didn't know what was in it, why didn't you post a link to it.  Then maybe we could have had a real discussion, or post it now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Anyone not understanding that bill or choosing not to know what the intention was is a moron, a child or a bigot.

There is no debate.

Either admit you're in favor of the right-wing nutjob NAZI Nuremberg Laws on 1934 in Germany, similar to the spirit of this bill in Arizona, or walk away a phony.

The Tea Party nutjobs in this country with the religious right takeover of the Republican Party are downright SCARY. Scary.

Sick and scary.

You mean the famous Laws for the protection of German blood and honor?...LMAO...it was just the beginning for the Nazi's just like this had to be defeated by the majority of people ort it would rear it's ugly head once again....it's now dead in AZ for good...it won't come back...this set piece legislation, a product of ALEC, is circulating around the country now, primarily in the deep south where they still kneel down to the stars and bars...sad, just plain sad..hiding their bigotry behind religion....WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jane Brewer made the only practical choice.  Her thought processes and motivation are aspects of this we will never be privy to.  As was pointed out above (I believe by Seawolf) this debate is not over nor is the issue settled by any stretch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

What is the difference between a person discriminating against a gay person because they disagree with them

and

You really dont have a clue that two different actions with two different purposes are generally not equal arguments?

Take the idea that while one person might kill someone in cold blood another might kill sonmeone in self defense. The two acts and intentions are dramatically different. Their moral values are not at all equal.

In the case you bring up one party is trying to make acts of bigotry that impact real people are legally defensable while the other example is a party saying that it will act to protect the premise that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

Really?

Have you ever been to a store that has a sign posted that says "Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"?

Not saying it's right or wrong, but if a person has a strong personal belief which government can violate with a court decision, where is freedom of religion?

It is freedom of religion not freedom from religion, which this country is fast approaching.  Obviously, when the government forces a vendor to make a cake for a gay couple which they don't want to make because of personal beliefs (right or wrong), people can feel threatened. 

If a Muslim taxi cab driver can keep driving when they see a potential customer with a dog and there is no outrage, why is it that Christians cannot practice matters of conscience as well?

And the NFL is practicing the same type of bigotry against people of faith.  You just refuse to see or accept it.

Come clean and just admit it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

and

Really?

Have you ever been to a store that has a sign posted that says "Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"?

Not saying it's right or wrong, but if a person has a strong personal belief which government can violate with a court decision, where is freedom of religion?

It is freedom of religion not freedom from religion, which this country is fast approaching.  Obviously, when the government forces a vendor to make a cake for a gay couple which they don't want to make because of personal beliefs (right or wrong), people can feel threatened. 

If a Muslim taxi cab driver can keep driving when they see a potential customer with a dog and there is no outrage, why is it that Christians cannot practice matters of conscience as well?

And the NFL is practicing the same type of bigotry against people of faith.  You just refuse to see or accept it.

Come clean and just admit it.

They won't and can't. Christianity is a threat (especially to gays). Also, they are liberal nanny state babies. They will bow down to anything if they think it will cause a controversy. They appear to me what I feel Tories were like back in the day.  Go ask WW2 vets what they think of how the country is now. I have. Not happy. They put everything on the line. For this? Want to see things change quick? Turn off the entitlements. Oops. That would be funny. What then? These liberals will be begging for your help and they will find none. Then it will start. The looting, rioting, murders. Good times and you know why? Because it's all about them. Me me me. Give me free stuff. You have money they don't. Not fair!  Obamacare will be free! It will be cheap! The FSA (Free S**t Army) rejoiced. Then uh oh it's not really what it was supposed to do. All politicians are losers. But I especially remember the FSA hero Pelosi saying "We'll find out what's actually in the bill when we pass it"(obamacare). Brilliant! Great way to do business. Had a right winger said that, oh boy. Face it, the country is in the toilet and everyday some liberal has his hands on it ready to flush. Anyhow, I'm afraid talking won't resolve it, and especially in a liberal nut job state like Mass. How the hell did the Revolution even start there? Must have been a mistake. Truly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And now the thread heads even further south as the flood gates of stereotyping, name-calling, labeling and the expression of every other pre-conceived notion take center stage. 

Anybody else got an ax to grind that'll give full-flight to laying bare their own prejudices?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

And now the thread heads even further south as the flood gates of stereotyping, name-calling, labeling and the expression of every other pre-conceived notion take center stage. 

Anybody else got an ax to grind that'll give full-flight to laying bare their own prejudices?

but you're not really that surprised are you?  Anything involving politics, religion, and abortion happen the same way, not just this forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

but you're not really that surprised are you?  Anything involving politics, religion, and abortion happen the same way, not just this forum.

Especially when those pesky things such as facts come out. Not just suppositions about things that may or may to be true. Prejudices. People love to throw around wods that don't fit the situation to make themselves feel better. Your own governor has boycotted the St. Patricks Day parade. How much more Catholic can you get than that. Just because they won't allow a gay float. That's a double freaking standard. Yeah, facts. Hard to refute. But feel free to call it prejudices. Whatever makes you feel better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Anyone not understanding that bill or choosing not to know what the intention was is a moron, a child or a bigot.

There is no debate.

Either admit you're in favor of the right-wing nutjob NAZI Nuremberg Laws on 1934 in Germany, similar to the spirit of this bill in Arizona, or walk away a phony.

The Tea Party nutjobs in this country with the religious right takeover of the Republican Party are downright SCARY. Scary.

Sick and scary.

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Especially when those pesky things such as facts come out. Not just suppositions about things that may or may to be true. Prejudices. People love to throw around wods that don't fit the situation to make themselves feel better. Your own governor has boycotted the St. Patricks Day parade. How much more Catholic can you get than that. Just because they won't allow a gay float. That's a double freaking standard. Yeah, facts. Hard to refute. But feel free to call it prejudices. Whatever makes you feel better.

Terry McAuliffe, the governer of Virginia did that?  Beats me. I did not hear about that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Terry McAuliffe, the governer of Virginia did that?  Beats me. I did not hear about that.

Well since its a Boston forum I meant Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:

There is no debate.

Sick and scary.

+1

Haha the only reason it's scary, is because you know you will lose. Period. If you were comfortable and content in your beliefs, you wouldn't feel this way. However you aren't. And you know the majority isn't. I'm not scared of losing. Quite the opposite. I'm not scared at all. Sad is more like it. That's the difference. And when it's over, I'll help ship you guys over to a nice Islamic country.  Lets see how intolerant the "right" is then.  Problem is, you have no perspective. And that will be your downfall.  Maybe they will teach that in Common Core. No. Probably not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Well since its a Boston forum I meant Boston.

lol....talk about a communication gap on my part Laughing 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I'd have a little more respect for the Catholic Church in regards to something like it's stance on the St. Patrick's Day Parade if I knew they were being consistent with their overall beliefs.  Do they also exclude people that are living together with being married?  What about married people that were not married in the Catholic Church--does the Church recognize that as being married?  If not, then all those people are sinners.  Why should they be allowed to participate in the parade?  From my point of view, if they can pick and choose which of these things they will use to exclude someone, then it's just a smokescreen.

And although the Catholic Church here is saying that this Holiday is really a catholic one, I haven't heard any of the Church representatives complaining about the drunken debauchery this holiday is an excuse for.  No one asks if you have a little Catholic in you on St. Patrick's Day.

As for the MA Governor, I believe he is boycotting this specific parade.  I don't believe he has said that he will have nothing to do with the Catholic Church, and doesn't want any Catholics around him ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I quote Christianity is a threat (especially to gays).  Just out of curiosity, how many people who happen to be gay do you actually know?  Not know of, know. 

I quote further Face it, the country is in the toilet and everyday some liberal has his hands on it ready to flush.  So someone who does not subscribe to your political philosophy is actaully evil?  Is that what we're reading here?   Sounds eerily like a guy by the name of Vladimir Putin - every hear of him?

And I quote again Anyhow, I'm afraid talking won't resolve it, and especially in a liberal nut job state like Mass.   Ever lived in Mass?  Seriously, have you?  If so, where? When? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I quote Christianity is a threat (especially to gays).  Just out of curiosity, how many people who happen to be gay do you actually know?  Not know of, know. 

I quote further Face it, the country is in the toilet and everyday some liberal has his hands on it ready to flush.  So someone who does not subscribe to your political philosophy is actaully evil?  Is that what we're reading here?   Sounds eerily like a guy by the name of Vladimir Putin - every hear of him?

And I quote again Anyhow, I'm afraid talking won't resolve it, and especially in a liberal nut job state like Mass.   Ever lived in Mass?  Seriously, have you?  If so, where? When? 

My cousin is gay, so yeah. I know of one, and have known plenty more. I'm not against gays as a matter of fact. I'm against them shouting from the rooftops "look at me I'm special!" All the time. I sick of hearing their non existent problems. Again, if everyone was gay, would mankind survive?  At the top, they are extreme, sick, twisted and dangerous. Much like the radical right wingers. Have no time for them either.  See, you think I'm anti-liberal because I'm conservative. I'm not. I'm anti-liberal because while conservatives are scumbags who take your money, liberals try at every turn to destroy this country. You can't eat this, you have to eat that. You can't teach this, you have to teach that. Single payer system (end goal). They only want liberty and freedom for those causes that further their own idealistic agenda.  

As far as nut job left wing state? You historically elect Democrats or not? Yeah Scott Brown I get it. Hell, Ronmeycare came from a republican. What are your gun laws like? Can you open carry? See, once you violate a right given to you you are a nutjob state. Same people who complain that NHs motto is offensive and scary. See. Massachusetts out of all the states should be one of the most free states out there. It's not. It's far from it.  And that is sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

AFNAV130, kind of tough to sort all of this out but let me give it a shot. 

You're not 'anti-gay'  (your words) but Christianity is a threat to gays.  And then ". . .they are extreme, sick, twisted and dangerous."  You'll pardon me but that's kind of a head-scratcher. 

I suspect, although you haven't said so, that you think I'm what you would characterize as a 'liberal' simply because not only do I disagree with what you've written, I totally reject it as being about as inaccurate as statements can be. 

If you had actually lived in Massachusetts instead of condeming it without any firsthand knowledge you'd know that Mass happens to be one of the most patriotic states in the union.  (Yes, people can be patriotic and still be 'liberal' as you label them).  How would I know?  I was born and raised in Boston and have lived in a number of states including a couple that are pretty conservative:  Virginia and Florida.  Virginians and Floridians don't lack patriotism but, in my opinion, they have nothing over Mass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I understand the term PC refers to politically correct.  I guess I'm confused by the application of this term in this case.  If I understand certain provisions of the bill correctly it permits retail service providers to discriminate based on their own belief system.  Objecting to such a slippery slope has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with equality under the law. 

If my religious beliefs characterize people with blond hair and blue eyes as evil then I'm sorry Swedes I won't sell you product X simply because your hair is the wrong color and so are your eyes. 

Are you trying to espouse the unproven theory that being homosexual is determined the same way that hair pigment and eye color are?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

AFNAV130, kind of tough to sort all of this out but let me give it a shot. 

You're not 'anti-gay'  (your words) but Christianity is a threat to gays.  And then ". . .they are extreme, sick, twisted and dangerous."  You'll pardon me but that's kind of a head-scratcher. 

I suspect, although you haven't said so, that you think I'm what you would characterize as a 'liberal' simply because not only do I disagree with what you've written, I totally reject it as being about as inaccurate as statements can be. 

If you had actually lived in Massachusetts instead of condeming it without any firsthand knowledge you'd know that Mass happens to be one of the most patriotic states in the union.  (Yes, people can be patriotic and still be 'liberal' as you label them).  How would I know?  I was born and raised in Boston and have lived in a number of states including a couple that are pretty conservative:  Virginia and Florida.  Virginians and Floridians don't lack patriotism but, in my opinion, they have nothing over Mass.

Ahhhh the classic cut and paste certain words to further an agenda. I said AT THE TOP they are dangerous etc. Ie their mouthpieces. Much like any group that pushes an agenda. I bet most gays don't give two hoots about then AZ bill, for instance.  As far as Christinanity being a threat, you don't think so? the Church isnt so hot on the idea, and that puts a big chink in their we are special speech stump speeches, no? You don't have to think you are liberal. You are liberal in your opinions. By thinking Mass isn't, proves you are. Virginia and Florida. Wow. Hmmm. For me so far? NH, Texas, New Meixico, GA, and Arizona. All of them have more freedoms than any state in NE has. When you have more freedoms in a state that wasn't even around when the Constitution was written is quite sad. They abide by it more than you guys do. Patriotic has nothing to do with it. Think 4th celebrations and maybe taking the kids to Bunker Hill means patriotism? Respect maybe, but it's actions that determine what you are alluding to. Much like gun crime. When a black guy kills a white guy..crickets. Other way around? Non stop agenda pushing, guns are bad, white people are bad. The libs jump all over it. So in the end, you can cut and paste what you want, and your obvious inability to see how the Christianity things is a problem that has nothing to do with me is fairly telling. 

Sections
Shortcuts