NFL tells Vilma "Williams confirmed you put a bounty on Favre"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NFL tells Vilma "Williams confirmed you put a bounty on Favre"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/nfl-tells-vilma-williams-confirmed-you-put-a-bounty-on-favre/

--------------

The NFL’s most explosive claim against any of the players it suspended in the Saints bounty investigation was that linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered $10,000 to any teammate who could knock Brett Favre out of the 2010 NFC Championship Game. Vilma says that isn’t true, but when he went to the league office today, the NFL told him that former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has confirmed that Vilma did, in fact, put a bounty on Favre.

Vilma was handed a sworn affidavit from former Williams confirming the $10,000 offer, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

In that sworn affidavit, Williams admitted he had a pay-for-performance pool funded by Saints players, admitted he knew the pool violated league rules, and admitted he misled the NFL when he was first questioned about it in 2010. Even in that confession, however, Williams said he never encouraged players to inflict injuries or commit penalties.

The news today echoes what we heard in June, which is that Williams was one of three people who told league investigators that Vilma made the $10,000 offer. However, one of those three people, Mike Ornstein, later denied that he told the league investigators that.

Williams hasn’t said much of anything publicly since he was banished from the NFL in the Saints’ bounty investigation. But in talks with the league, he has apparently pointed the finger at Vilma.

-------

WoW!  Thats damaging!!  Maybe a one year suspension isn't enough for Vilma!  And here he was talking all this smack about the allegations were false.  What proof does Vilma have to show otherwise?  Sometimes I don't know if people are this dumb or if they think they are untouchable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: NFL tells Vilma

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I FREAKING KNEW IT!

I saw this coming a MILE away. The NFL didn't offer this up because it was trying to be fair to Williams. Well, maybe fair isn't the right word...he was involved afterall, and I don't feel bad about this coming out, but the NFL didn't want to just stand up and say: "Williams ratted you all out."

This is going to get SO much uglier. Vilma is one of the dumbest people on the entire planet. His lawyer just conned the ever loving sh!t out of him. "Oh, yes...definitely. This is all BS. Yeah, I agree, Williams didn't say anything...oh, by the way, it's a grand an hour...ok, good. Let's proceed!"

You heard it here first:

Vilma will NEVER suit up for an NFL team again (unless he gets a game or two in before this all become official).

Oh...this is awesome. AWESOME!

Where are all the Goodell haters now????

Oh man...this takes some of the sting off of the Pats loss. After being so arrogant...oh man. I related this to Vick when that clown was walking through some event in a black sparkly shirt saying "I'll be completely exonerated, you'll see." I wonder if he took that shirt to prison? I'm sure the other borders would have loved it.

Hey Vilma! You don't have to worry about your resaraunt serving Goodell...after your lawyer bleeds you dry, it won't be serving anyone!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

What you say is plausible.   However, if this is Goodell's trump card why did he offer to reduce Vilma's suspension before the court even ruled that Goodell overstepped his authority?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Also we don't know what may have been offered to Williams.

This wouldn't exactly be the 1st instance in judicial history of a scum bag person lying in an affidavit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The NFL denied ever offering to reduce the sentence. Just as likely the Vilma camp floated that to make Vilma look good and Goodell look bad.

The ONLY chance Williams had at that point was to tell the truth. He was suspended indefinitely, people assume he'll be let in next year, but it's no guarantee. he gained absolutely, positively nothing by incriminating any single player. The league does NOT look better with Vilma being as involved as he is. The Saints look bad, everyone looks bad.

If you think Williams is lying, please offer at least a thought as to why that would make sense.

Vilam. Is. Done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'm not saying your scenario is wrong, but how can you claim "he gained nothing" when they may have said something like this:

"We'll review your future standing in a more favorable light if you come clean".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

That makes total sense. At which point...why lie? Unless Goodell was puting pressure on him to name someone...but again, these suspensions only made the league look worse. Unless Goodell is simply a psychopath who wanted to punish people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Who cares the entire issue is a joke where the NFL is trying to put the blame of the violence it always promoted onto the players. It's about future lawsuits the NFL will undoubtedly be facing as time goes by.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I care!

In the: I sometimes care to watch arrogant, ignorant people make utter fools of themselves. Vilma has made QUITE the testic....err, spectacle of himself.

Sections
Shortcuts