NFL to meet with New Orleans Saints 'bounty' scandal players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

NFL to meet with New Orleans Saints 'bounty' scandal players

How do you feel about this?? in one way I think it was too harsh-- in another way I think the Saints got what they deserved.  But I feel the Players did what Williams wanted them to do-- and I think Goodell should compromise and do what is right for this team, --including letting Sean Peyton come back and coach this year.  There seems to be so many grey areas , I would like it resolved in favor of the Saints

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061225/article/nfl-to-meet-with-new-orleans-saints-bounty-scandal-players?module=HP11_headline_stack

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: NFL to meet with New Orleans Saints 'bounty' scandal players

I guess nobody else gives a d a m n --but doesn't want to tell me that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think the players should be suspended for the full term. the NFLPA association gave god-ell the power to act as judge jury and executioner, therefore they must live up to the contract.  If they don't then they are in breach of contract and the owners should not have to follow it either when it comes to the cap minimum or other matters.  the players have already not allowed the HGH testing which was clearly in the CBA, These players need to learn to read contracts in their entirity instead of just looking at the dollar figures. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think the suspensions were harsh at all. It's not like taking steriods where they are only hurting themselves or cheating that hurts no one, this was a program built to injury fellow players possibly ending their careers, might cause long term damage if not paralysis, or even worst case death.

Forget the league is getting sued by former players who were injured in similiar cases we are talking about people lifes here. A precident needed to be set and the penalities seemed appropriate as such.

It might be a bad comparison but I think of it as drunk driving in MA. Everyone knows a DUI in MA is a joke system. You hear about charges being thrown out all the time and repeat offenders with more arrests then fingers on your hand sometimes both hands. If the penalities were harsh from the get go for an offense that could cause serious harm another individual then I think you would see a lot less of it. But since, like the players, drunk drivers whinned and complained that the laws prevented them from getting to work and it was unfair because only they were caught but a lot of people do it and that they didn't intend to hurt anyone the state decided to go easy on them creating this culture of DUI arrests being a joke and if you complain hard enough you'll get a slap on the wrist for an attack that potentially could negatively change another persons life forever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

The current players are hurting the case of the older players.

Goodell suspended the players for one reason: They were accepting payment for trying to hurt opponents. 

the coaches and team were punished because they advocated it, and because they provided money above and beyond the salary cap in an under the table way.

The NFL is being sued because they dont care enough about saftey, yet when the nfl tries to punish players who ignore the rules with the intentions of hurting people, the players sue the league.

The players right now want there cake, but they also want to eat the cake. you cant.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.

"the NFL didnt do enough about concussions!"
    "Well if i had a concussion i wouldnt tell the league because they wouldnt let me play" 

Sections
Shortcuts