Re: NFL Top 10 players NFL Network - Where will Brady be?
posted at 6/27/2013 6:14 PM EDT
In response to TFB12's comment:
In response to mthurl's comment:
Rusty's official list...
1. Patrick Chung
2. Alex Smith
3. Ryan Mallett
4. Tony Romo
5. Ocho Cinco
6. Marcus Cannon
7. Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
8. Rasi Dowling
9. Tavon Wilson
10. Jake Ballard
Really Ballard should be much higher, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm on that just a bit. Still Belichick was laying in the weeds on that one folks! Ben at 7 is also a bit low (we would of won the Super Bowl if we had just got Brady under center and let Benny run right through that Giant defense), but he plays for another team now.
Marcus Cannon is the best high second round pick we've ever had (even though he was drafted in the 5th). I would of put Dowling higher, but this is more a potential...I saw this before you, type of thing. Ocho easily could of been number three if Brady hadn't ruined his career.
Mallett is the best quarterback that has come out of the draft in the last three years. And we all know Chung has come within yards of making so many plays. Think of it this way...he makes people around him better. Do you think Jairus Byrd would be the player he is today if not for Chung? Of course not! The guy plays 500 miles from him and he still feels the benefits of Chung.
I try to make a serious thread here and you post this!?!?!?!
Ok, I still LOL'd!
Ok, sorry. Here's mine
1. Peterson - unbelievable talent who has no quarterback to take the pressure off him
2. Brady - did more with less than Rodgers
3. Rodgers - is about as confident and accurate as you'll find, but he has the weapons
4. Manning - started off slow, but regained a lot of that form. This guy is really good.
5. Watt - Maybe my favorite player in the NFL, but he didn't have the same impact as the other guys ahead of him (although he was really close)
6. Aldon Smith - unbelievable talent and pass rusher...we wanted this guy in the draft.
7. Willis - love watching him play. he can move side to side going through the trash like Mayo can only dream
8. Calvin Johnson - can't be covered. reminds me of the impact Gronk has on a game, except he will get the calls, run deeper and he isn't in danger of missing the season
9. Von Miller (don't think he deserves to be this high) - don't like him, I've seen him get pushed 10 yards back defending the run. He can be blocked too when he gets the attention (something you can't say about Watt)
10. Foster (don't think he deserves to be this high either) - I mean he is having a nice career. He is pretty versatile...good player, but he doesn't scare me. We played him twice last year and we handled him. He runs a bit upright, but he can take it...it's just a matter of for how long?