NFL Top 10 players NFL Network - Where will Brady be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: NFL Top 10 players NFL Network - Where will Brady be?

In response to digger0862's comment:

1. Tom Brady

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. J.J. Watt

5. Peyton Manning

6. Calvin Johnson

7. Aldon Smith

8. Patrick Willis

9. Arian Foster

10. Von Miller

Rodgers above manning, interesting!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Rusty's official list...

1. Patrick Chung

2. Alex Smith

3. Ryan Mallett

4. Tony Romo

5. Ocho Cinco

6. Marcus Cannon

7. Ben Jarvus Green Ellis

8. Rasi Dowling

9. Tavon Wilson

10. Jake Ballard

Really Ballard should be much higher, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm on that just a bit. Still Belichick was laying in the weeds on that one folks! Ben at 7 is also a bit low (we would of won the Super Bowl if we had just got Brady under center and let Benny run right through that Giant defense), but he plays for another team now.

Marcus Cannon is the best high second round pick we've ever had (even though he was drafted in the 5th). I would of put Dowling higher, but this is more a potential...I saw this before you, type of thing. Ocho easily could of been number three if Brady hadn't ruined his career.

Mallett is the best quarterback that has come out of the draft in the last three years. And we all know Chung has come within yards of making so many plays. Think of it this way...he makes people around him better. Do you think Jairus Byrd would be the player he is today if not for Chung? Of course not! The guy plays 500 miles from him and he still feels the benefits of Chung.

I try to make a serious thread here and you post this!?!?!?!

Ok, I still LOL'd!

Ok, sorry. Here's mine

1. Peterson - unbelievable talent who has no quarterback to take the pressure off him

2. Brady - did more with less than Rodgers

3. Rodgers - is about as confident and accurate as you'll find, but he has the weapons

4. Manning - started off slow, but regained a lot of that form. This guy is really good.

5. Watt - Maybe my favorite player in the NFL, but he didn't have the same impact as the other guys ahead of him (although he was really close) 

6. Aldon Smith - unbelievable talent and pass rusher...we wanted this guy in the draft.

7. Willis - love watching him play. he can move side to side going through the trash like Mayo can only dream 

8. Calvin Johnson - can't be covered. reminds me of the impact Gronk has on a game, except he will get the calls, run deeper and he isn't in danger of missing the season 

9. Von Miller (don't think he deserves to be this high) - don't like him, I've seen him get pushed 10 yards back defending the run. He can be blocked too when he gets the attention (something you can't say about Watt)

10. Foster (don't think he deserves to be this high either) - I mean he is having a nice career. He is pretty versatile...good player, but he doesn't scare me. We played him twice last year and we handled him. He runs a bit upright, but he can take it...it's just a matter of for how long?

how did rodgers have more? pats receivers last year (welker/gronkowski/hernandez/lloyd) as least the equal of green bays (jennings/nelson,cobb/finley) and up until this coming year-patriots had better running game....not to mention brady had better OL  and much easier schedule to go against

I think GB's receivers were quicker and got more separation. Period, that's what I'm saying. The windows Rodgers has thrown into for the last three years are bigger than the ones Brady has. Brady's receivers...Lloyd, Welker, and Branch don't get the separation that Rodger's does. Welker gets separation in close, but anything beyond ten yards and his lack of speed is eaten up by defensive backs. Gronk was hurt and so was Hernandez for much of the year. I watch Rodgers stand back there and have four different guys to chose from that are pulling three yards away from defensive backs all day.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow!  Surprised but not really surprised to see AP voted #1 because he is a stud and had an amazing season coming back from his injury and carrying the Vikings on his back to the playoffs.  In a QB driven league it is good to see a RB actually get the recognition he deserves.

Surprised to see Rodgers at # 6.

No way Manning is over Brady.  As I stated in op, Brady does more with less.  Brady led the team to the division title, Manning couldn't win a playoff game.  Brady led the Offense to #1 in offense yard, #1 in points scored.  Manning offense was below that.  Patriots had a tougher schedule, Broncos had better defense. 

When talking about Brady, surprised to see good things mentioned by Sherman, Suggs and Cromartti.

No passes to Aaron Hernandez were shown.  Wonder if that's the way it was originally or if they went back and edited the highlight video. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Really surprised Rodgers at #6 did any of us get that right.?, what I got out the players interviewing about Manning , coming back a year after the injury and doing so well with a new team. and they really respect the way he reads defense.

I loved the comment-Tom Brady you are #4 but in our hearts you are #1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

Brady has to be #1. He wins 10 games all by himself every season. What other player does that?

Really?  Have you ever heard of Peyton Manning ?   

Thanks for the laugh though kid.    Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow!  Surprised but not really surprised to see AP voted #1 because he is a stud and had an amazing season coming back from his injury and carrying the Vikings on his back to the playoffs.  In a QB driven league it is good to see a RB actually get the recognition he deserves.

No way Manning is over Brady.  As I stated in op, Brady does more with less.  Brady led the team to the division title, Manning couldn't win a playoff game.  Brady led the Offense to #1 in offense yard, #1 in points scored.  Manning offense was below that.  Patriots had a tougher schedule, Broncos had better defense. 

When talking about Brady, surprised to see good things mentioned by Sherman, Suggs and Cromartti.

No passes to Aaron Hernandez were shown.  Wonder if that's the way it was originally or if they went back and edited the highlight video. 

Yes....he was. Even a Wide Receiver was ranked higher. 

I'm just surprised Peyton wasn't #1. Peyton (like always) does more for his team than anyone.  Why do you think he has 4 MVP awards and almost got his 5th last season. Poor Tommy didn't even sniff that award..... AGAIN!    Who was the AFC Starting QB in the Pro Bowl .... AGAIN!  Who had the highest QBR last year....   Manning did. What Peyton did last year has never been done before. (and all the clowns here said he would break his neck, he wont last the season )  He should be #1 on this list. Its time you all took your rose colored glasses off and realized ,nobody outside the North East cares about your cheating team anymore. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to edsam44's comment:

Rusty's official list...

1. Patrick Chung

2. Alex Smith

3. Ryan Mallett

4. Tony Romo

5. Ocho Cinco

6. Marcus Cannon

7. Ben Jarvus Green Ellis

8. Rasi Dowling

9. Tavon Wilson

10. Jake Ballard

Really Ballard should be much higher, but I'm going to temper my enthusiasm on that just a bit. Still Belichick was laying in the weeds on that one folks! Ben at 7 is also a bit low (we would of won the Super Bowl if we had just got Brady under center and let Benny run right through that Giant defense), but he plays for another team now.

Marcus Cannon is the best high second round pick we've ever had (even though he was drafted in the 5th). I would of put Dowling higher, but this is more a potential...I saw this before you, type of thing. Ocho easily could of been number three if Brady hadn't ruined his career.

Mallett is the best quarterback that has come out of the draft in the last three years. And we all know Chung has come within yards of making so many plays. Think of it this way...he makes people around him better. Do you think Jairus Byrd would be the player he is today if not for Chung? Of course not! The guy plays 500 miles from him and he still feels the benefits of Chung.

I try to make a serious thread here and you post this!?!?!?!

Ok, I still LOL'd!

Ok, sorry. Here's mine

1. Peterson - unbelievable talent who has no quarterback to take the pressure off him

2. Brady - did more with less than Rodgers

3. Rodgers - is about as confident and accurate as you'll find, but he has the weapons

4. Manning - started off slow, but regained a lot of that form. This guy is really good.

5. Watt - Maybe my favorite player in the NFL, but he didn't have the same impact as the other guys ahead of him (although he was really close) 

6. Aldon Smith - unbelievable talent and pass rusher...we wanted this guy in the draft.

7. Willis - love watching him play. he can move side to side going through the trash like Mayo can only dream 

8. Calvin Johnson - can't be covered. reminds me of the impact Gronk has on a game, except he will get the calls, run deeper and he isn't in danger of missing the season 

9. Von Miller (don't think he deserves to be this high) - don't like him, I've seen him get pushed 10 yards back defending the run. He can be blocked too when he gets the attention (something you can't say about Watt)

10. Foster (don't think he deserves to be this high either) - I mean he is having a nice career. He is pretty versatile...good player, but he doesn't scare me. We played him twice last year and we handled him. He runs a bit upright, but he can take it...it's just a matter of for how long?

how did rodgers have more? pats receivers last year (welker/gronkowski/hernandez/lloyd) as least the equal of green bays (jennings/nelson,cobb/finley) and up until this coming year-patriots had better running game....not to mention brady had better OL  and much easier schedule to go against

I think GB's receivers were quicker and got more separation. Period, that's what I'm saying. The windows Rodgers has thrown into for the last three years are bigger than the ones Brady has. Brady's receivers...Lloyd, Welker, and Branch don't get the separation that Rodger's does. Welker gets separation in close, but anything beyond ten yards and his lack of speed is eaten up by defensive backs. Gronk was hurt and so was Hernandez for much of the year. I watch Rodgers stand back there and have four different guys to chose from that are pulling three yards away from defensive backs all day.

No. Rodgers does not sit there and stare over the middle to 1 or 2 middle of the field options that run the same kinds of routes, which go 5-10 yards, max.  That's not what they do.

Rodgers>Brady in running an offense and with accuracy these days. Not really debatable.

NE ran more plays than any team last year, mostly because the Pats D led the AFC yet again in turnovers, so Brady actually had more opportunities than Rodgers to put up numbers.

Brady just refuses to target all his WRs, especially the perimtere ones.  Lloyd isn't even back at a bargain price because Brady demands something superior. Meanwhile, Rodgers makes a James Jones or a Jordy Nelson.

I cannot remember the last time Brady put it up to a perimeter WR other than the one Lloyd had vs Houston, which they showed in the clips.  It's rarity for us, a regularity for GB and it has little to do with "separation". It has to do with targeting all your options so the defense will respect the target over the course of the game.

Brady will probably end up having one of his better years this year because he'll be forced to treat all his WRs equally, like he used to.

Gomer Manning steps in and has no issues with Eric Decker. He's good, but some genius at getting "separation".   Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd and Edelman (when playing) all had no issues get "separation".

Rodgers is a great player, but put him with Lloyd, Welker, an injured Hernandez, a Gronk that is in and out of the line up, a washed up Branch and lets see how he is. 

Not very bright discounting separation in a passing game. Kind of reminds me of the time you said ypc wasn't important when considering running backs...remember that one? That little argument you had with babe on running backs? Wow man...just wow. And let's not forget you were the guy calling everyone a bunch of knee jerk, blown out of proportion morons for writing that we thought Hernandez was guilty when we were informed that a dead body was found a half a mile from his home, in a car that was rented in his name...and that he wasn't cooporating with police. Remember that? You that it meant nothing that a guy wouldn't cooporate with police...bawahahaha!!!!

You should probably also consider the fact that Brady was ranked 4th and Rodgers was ranked 6th. Come to think of it, out of the 1700 players in the NFL you bash the guy that was ranked 4th among them relentlessly all day. Says something. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

If I saw this correctly (and I am not sure I did), I thought they ranked players for 2013.  Given that, and even before the hernandez issue, Brady's only significant target carrying over from the previous year was Hernandez.  Gronkowski is expected to be out, at least a little while.  The others are gone.  So, if this was a ranking based on "projected" performance it makes sense that Manning ends up ahead of Brady. 

He's another year removed from surgery and that nerve has had more time to recover.  He's added Welker as a weapon while Brady has lost nearly all of his.  If this was a forward looking ranking, it makes sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Photobucket

If I saw this correctly (and I am not sure I did), I thought they ranked players for 2013.  Given that, and even before the hernandez issue, Brady's only significant target carrying over from the previous year was Hernandez.  Gronkowski is expected to be out, at least a little while.  The others are gone.  So, if this was a ranking based on "projected" performance it makes sense that Manning ends up ahead of Brady. 

He's another year removed from surgery and that nerve has had more time to recover.  He's added Welker as a weapon while Brady has lost nearly all of his.  If this was a forward looking ranking, it makes sense.

not forward, a players poll of 2012

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

CONGRATS TO THE BRONCOS!!!!! The ONLY team in the NFL to have a player from offense AND defense in the TOP 10!!!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TebowOwnsBrady's comment:

CONGRATS TO THE BRONCOS!!!!! The ONLY team in the NFL to have a player from offense AND defense in the TOP 10!!!!! 

Made a huge difference in the Bronc's playoff gag job loss to the Ravens didn't it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

o good silly little weeny whacker is bac k 0 ha ha anybody who keeps putting smiley faces on their posts must be all of 13

AND LOOK TODAY HE LEARNED HOW TO USE CAPS YEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Photobucket

not forward, a players poll of 2012

ok - my bad.  I thought I heard it differently.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Made a huge difference in the Bronc's playoff gag job loss to the Ravens didn't it?

Do you mean the Patriots gag job loss?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

[QUOTE]

o good silly little weeny whacker is bac k 0 ha ha anybody who keeps putting smiley faces on their posts must be all of 13

AND LOOK TODAY HE LEARNED HOW TO USE CAPS YEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next ,I'll teach you about punctuation.  Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Next ,I'll teach you about punctuation.  Laughing

better hurry silly little boy, summer school s about to start!!!!!!!   HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady has to be #1. He wins 10 games all by himself every season. What other player does that?

Really?  Have you ever heard of Peyton Manning ?   

Thanks for the laugh though kid.    Laughing

You talking about this guy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm just surprised Peyton wasn't #1. Peyton (like always) does more for his team than anyone. 

Really? He took a two-and-done playoff team and turned it into .... a one-and-done playoff team. The Broncos got *worse* under Manning last season. 

I mean, I guess if squandering two KR TDs and chucking a tied playoff game away in OT counts as "doing more" for his team, then sure. He does a lot. 

But to a lot of people he didn't do anything special.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I'm just surprised Peyton wasn't #1. Peyton (like always) does more for his team than anyone. 

Really? He took a two-and-done playoff team and turned it into .... a one-and-done playoff team. The Broncos got *worse* under Manning last season. 

I mean, I guess if squandering two KR TDs and chucking a tied playoff game away in OT counts as "doing more" for his team, then sure. He does a lot. 

Worse? How do you figure? Tebow led them to the Divisional round of the Playoffs, as did Manning. They both lost the same game.    

4 neck surgeries, a year off, a new team, a 13 win season, best record in the AFC, Super Bowl favorites...... Did I mention he did all this on a new team?  Good luck this year. I doubt Brady will have any chemistry with all his new receivers........ Oh wait, Manning did it.  Laughing 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Worse? How do you figure? Tebow led them to the Divisional round of the Playoffs, as did Manning. They both lost the same game.    

4 neck surgeries, a year off, a new team, a 13 win season, best record in the AFC, Super Bowl favorites...... Did I mention he did all this on a new team?  Good luck this year. I doubt Brady will have any chemistry with all his new receivers........ Oh wait, Manning did it.  Laughing 

Um, Manning had one of the top ranked defenses to help him out and still couldn't get a playoff win.

Brady led the Patriots offense to #1 in yards and # 1 in scoring and won a playoff game to get to the division title game, without a top ranked defense.

How many SB rings does Manning have?  Brady has just as many as the entire Manning family, LOL!

So by the way your are talking it is going to be a complete fail if the Broncos don't win the SB, is that correct?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

So here are the remaining players that are going to be on NFL Networks top 10 player list...

Tom Brady, Arian Foster, Calvin Johnson, Peyton Manning, Von Miller, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt, Patrick Willis

What order do you think the players should be listed..

Here is mine

1.  Tom Brady - He won't be voted # 1 but he should be.  I wouldn't have a problem with Peterson listed as #1 but a QB takes this spot.  Brady continues to do more with less talent then any other QB in the game.  TB took the team to the division Championship, ranked # 1 in offense yards, ranked #1 in points scored. Didn't have a great defense to help him like Manning did last season.  TFB should be #1,  but like I mentioned he probably wont.  It will probably go to Manning.

2. Adrian Peterson.  Unbelievable season, carried the team on his back, took his team to the playoffs as a RB, 2,097 yards rushing all after having reconstructive knee surgery.. Amazing! IF QB's don't take the #1 spot Peterson would be there.

3. Peyton Manning - After being away from the game with neck surgeries, going to a new team, finishing tied with the Falcons as the best record in the league at 13-3 is a pretty impressive season. However, Manning was helped by having a very good defense who ranked 4th in pts allowed and 2nd in yards allowed. But not being able to move on to play for the division title, finishing below TFB and the Pats in pts scored and total yards, I don't see how he could beat out TFB at the #1 position. 

4.  Calvin Johnson

5.  Aaron Rodgers

6.  J.J. Watt

7.  Von Miller

8.  Aldon Smith

9.  Arian Foster

10.  Patrick Willis

Yea they only gave up 31 at home to the ravens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tim Tebow playoffs as the Denver Bronco's QB

Peyton Manning playoffs as the Denver Bronco's QB

Photobucket

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

But yet your team cannot beat little Manning. Surprised

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

But yet your team cannot beat little Manning. Surprised

hey silly weeny whacker  Friday nite I m going out!! what are you doing sitting in your rusty trailer in the Denver hills just wishing you could get a girl to go out with you?  O there's always your cousin in the pink trailer bout three trailers down.  Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!! loser!

Sections
Shortcuts