NFL VP of officiating Pereira talks/complains about pass interference, holding and Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: NFL VP of officiating Pereira talks/complains about pass interference, holding and Polian

In Response to Re: NFL VP of officiating Pereira talks/complains about pass interference, holding and Polian:
    I think I recall Periera saying the exact opposite thing on local radio here.  You don't think he plays to the local media do you?
    Posted by underdoggg

I'm suspicious of any opinion that comes with a disclaimer.

If he wasn't willing to disagree with the policy when he had the power to effect its implementation, I fail to see any value in any of his ex post facto ramblings.

(editor's note: It's entirely possible -- in fact likely -- that my Latin could use some brushing up.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Re: NFL VP of officiating Pereira talks/complains about pass interference, holding and Polian

This is old news. Yes it cost us a ring, a couple of years ago in Indy.(no one thought the Bears would beat Indy or the Pats.) I will never forget the blown call against Hobbs, not that it was the only blown call. Dont blame Polian. Blame the NFL for buying into his B.S. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: NFL VP of officiating Pereira talks/complains about pass interference, holding and Polian:
    I think I recall Periera saying the exact opposite thing on local radio here.  You don't think he plays to the local media do you?
    Posted by underdoggg

No. He doesn't. You didn't hear shite. But, to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really don't deserve, post the link to the local Indy interview. 

Otherwise, just admit that the colts are fraudulent, whiny girls who play in a dome and have the rules emphasized because they can't win when they are actually playing football. Thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by underdoggg

then you should not have any problem finding a transcript to proof of your accusations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Come on fellas... we all know that UNDEROOS is a fraud!

He actually thinks just because he states a lie it becomes a truth (or a fact).

The man lies more than 1000 cows in a pasture on a warm summer day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root - LOL.  There you go again defining for yourself and the homers what "must be" should I not be able to provide the link. 

If only you actually had that kind of cache, you might be able to get into a Pats game with a ticket. 

No link available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Go figure... NO LINK AVAILABLE...... 

ANyway there wouldn;t be one in HICKSVILLE (indy) that in any way made an adverse statement about how CORRUPT the Colts front office was....

Let us not forget that during SPygate the COLTS front office was one of the front offices that couldn;t wait for the media to stop looking into corruption in the game.  They said it was nipped in the bud, and they just wanted it to go away.... HMMMM?

Need those little bright lights to be turned off before they found some type of performace enhancing drug in the fecal matter of the HORSE?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltpm3. Show ltpm3's posts

Polian is power hungry because he lost 4 straight SBs with the Bills in the early 90s. No GM has lost 4 straight Super Bowls before.  He then went to Carolina, ran into problems with owner Jerry Richardson and was given full control with the Colts.  He drafted Gomer in '98 and since then has tried to tailor the league rules for Manning.  When the Colts got outplayed, outcoached, and basically outmuscled with their finesse teams in 2003 and 2004 against NE, he blew his top.  He has been known to physically attack people and generarly act extremely unprofessional.   He's also conveinetly covered up Marvin Harrisons' off field problems both before games/at the Pro Bowl and possibly with the Philadelphia PD.  He has sat as Chairman of the Competition Committee for one reason and reason only though:  Polian has hoped to shape the league rules around his team's offensive style.  They play in a dome, are a passing team almost exclusively, and for years have received gift calls to the point the NFL has had to apologize to teams, including the Pats after the shady 2006 title game where the Pats were hosed on 3 absolutely blown calls (Brown phantom off. PI, Caldwell mangled in the end zone, and of course the infamous "faceguarding" call on Hobbs which handed them a 1st and goal at the 1 yard line).  The Pats lost that game 38-34.  The NFL apologized months later.  The piped in crowd noise is another Polian trick and the infamous 11 penalty game in 2007 also screams shady Polian behavior in recent seasons.
    Posted by russgriswold

That game in 2006 was one of the hardest games to watch ever.  Lets not forget that all of a sudden in the 2d half it got so hot in the dome that even the fans were taking clothes off.  I thought it was funny that the announcers were the first to comment on the heat, then they showed the fans taking layers off like they were outside and the weather changed.  No doubt that Polian turned up the heat to slow down the Pats since they had a huge lead on this beloved Colts.  I actually feel bad for the officials.... Polian used them like they were hookers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Root - LOL.  There you go again defining for yourself and the homers what "must be" should I not be able to provide the link.  If only you actually had that kind of cache, you might be able to get into a Pats game with a ticket.  No link available.
    Posted by underdoggg

There you go - avoiding the issue again.

You didn't hear that. You know it. We know it. 

But that isn't even the issue.

The issue is that Pereira himself said that Polian pushed through the "emphasis" and that it was a de facto re-writing the rule. But you won't address that because you really can't. You will just basically lie and make things up so you don't have to deal with the reality that the colts would be more manly if the cheerleaders took over. 

It is the same thing as the colts quitting on an undefeated season all over again for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"If only you actually had that kind of cache, you might be able to get into a Pat's game with a ticket. No link available." ~doggg 

"Be subtle, various, ornamental, clever, And do not listen to those critics ever. Whose crude provincial gullets crave in books. Plain cooking made still plainer by plain cooks, As though the Muse preferred her half-wit sons; Good poets have a weakness for bad puns." -W.H. Auden

~That said, I'm with Enoch on this one...so dogg, stop diggin' yourself a deeper ditch that's already far enough down for any Root to cultivate a spring of your twisted logic. Look, we know you're a fungi, but harvest yourself something to yield on fertile grounds before you're totally plowed under, and overall quite being an underhanded sod by planting your bulbs in a vine.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

ESpN has nothing to say about this and yet because of them people all over the country think the Tuck rule was incorrectly appied just to get a team named "Patriots" into the superbowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Pereira also said Belichick wasn’t one of the coaches who used officiating “as an excuse” and called him “fair.”
    article

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I think I recall Periera saying the exact opposite thing on local radio here." Which would make no sense because we all know that the league is geared more towards the passing game in terms of how  the game is officiated. Regardless of whether Polian pushed it through or  not, that can't be denied. 

"I think I recall" - powerful argumentation there. I love the juxtaposition of a serious and well documented article we can all link to versus an interview that someone though they heard once while in between puffs of the pipe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The guy's job isn't to complain about rules, it is too enforce them.  NOT decide which he likes.  As and NFL official, he didn't want to cause a distraction by saying he didn't like the situation.  Patriot players do the exact same thing, why do you jump on this guy for it?  I like Mike but understand he is a league apologist as part of his duties.  At least he is saying something now.  Interesting to hear.  I never thought about the "point of emphasis"  as anything but a bald faced attempt to fix things for the Colts, and apparently, someone totally neutral thought so to.  How sweet they STILL only got one Lombardi to show for it, and have gone from America's darlings to America's Chumps.  Nice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

The Patriots will be vilified in the coming years when it comes to winning against the odds. The pundits will be saying how the Pats put together a perfect football storm and that it took people like Bill Polian and the rules committee to slow them down. Who needs to cheat when you can change the rules?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Patriots will be vilified in the coming years when it comes to winning against the odds. The pundits will be saying how the Pats put together a perfect football storm and that it took people like Bill Polian and the rules committee to slow them down. Who needs to cheat when you can change the rules?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

I know you know this, but making up the rules as you go along is cheating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Underdogg was never able to really say anything at all to counter this article. You guys gave him a link to this story proving that we have all been saying for years about Pollian is true and all he can say is " I think I heard him saying the exact opposite on an INdy radio station so he must be playing to the local media" and when he is asked to provide a link to back up his claim to defunk the link we provided he just avoids the topic. I have a feeling that someone could provide Underdogg with the smoking gun and prove 100% with out a doubt that everything people saying about Pollian is true and he would still find some way to deflect the situation.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Hmm - I wonder if he has offered his services to Marvin Harrison?

Sections
Shortcuts