NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!

In Response to NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!:
    [QUOTE]  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8281b796/article/quarterback-rankings-eli-manning-tops-list-heading-into-2012?campaign=Facebook_writers Jason Smith is a VERY smart man!
    Posted by JintsFan
       Your point is?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The fact is, Eli is just as likely to lay an absolute egg as he is to have an outstanding game. With him, you might win a Super Bowl, or miss the playoffs in embarassing fashion. At least with Tom Brady, you are in the playoffs virtually every single year and have a shot at it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!:
    [QUOTE]The fact is, Eli is just as likely to lay an absolute egg as he is to have an outstanding game. With him, you might win a Super Bowl, or miss the playoffs in embarassing fashion. At least with Tom Brady, you are in the playoffs virtually every single year and have a shot at it.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]
    lest we forget that the afc east is a joke. so please.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : lest we forget that the afc east is a joke. so please. Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE] This statement is so stupid no response is necessary

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is this supposed to be serious or for fantasy football (his title is Fantasy Analyst even though there doesn't appear to be any mention of FF in the article).  I mean this list is clearly insane in both contexts (Big Ben over Brees and Rodgers???), but it is super insane from a fantasy perspective.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The point of this thread is exactly what?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is, Eli is just as likely to lay an absolute egg as he is to have an outstanding game. With him, you might win a Super Bowl, or miss the playoffs in embarassing fashion. At least with Tom Brady, you are in the playoffs virtually every single year and have a shot at it.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I can't argue with Eli being so highly thought of. It's true that in the past, he's had problems with accuracy, and consistency. But, especially over the past two years, those issues are gone. Much to our chagrin, he has not inherited his brother's choke gene. On the contrary, Eli seems to play his best when the games are biggest.

Got to give credit where credit is due. He's beaten Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, and Tom Brady, with the big chips on the table. 

Giants' fans should drop on their knees every day in thanks to former GM, Ernie Accorsi. His bold move in trading up to get Eli in the 2004 draft, has lead to two championships.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Eli backed up his talk last summer, he had top 5 stats, and won the superbowl.

Hard to argue with thier choice at the moment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

So they are saying he should be your top QB choice for fantasy football right?

Why is anyone worked up about it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Who cares? Eli makes plays when he has too and is bolstered by a great defensive line. No one actually believes he is better than Brady or Rodgers except Giants fans  and the NY media wh--es.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Hahaha.

The fangs and claws have comeout!

As for Jasom Smith...what a clown, He picks Big Bendover because "he'll win a game in -45 before those other 2 guys"? What a totally rediculous statement, as soon as Antarctica fields a team, I'll consider that stupid rationale. Also, he puts Stafford 11th, and mentions IF he replicates the season...but puts Newton 7th while admitting the small sample size? Is he having a battle of personas within this single article or what? No consistency.

In all honesty jints....do you really agree? Eli over:

Brees?
    Rodgers?
    Brady?

Given the choice of ANY QB in the league, would Eli really be YOUR first choice? I know it's fun to jab a little, but I'm curious what you actually believe.

My list, in order (for 2012 only, not accounting for long term contracts or any of that):

Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Stafford
    Eli
    Ben
    Peyton
    Rivers
    Romo
    Schaub
    Ryan
    then anyone else

Eli, I'll grudgingly admit has turned into a very good QB. Last year was far and away his best, and his WR corps took a few hits this offseason, as did the running game. So we'll see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : it's just to throw out an article and get some response ATJ-nothing more-all in good fun   as one of the more intelligent and rational pats fans here even you have to admit some of these waaaaay over the top responses are just great
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Eli should get his due; he's performed well under pressure on multiple occasions, two of which were in game winning drives in the SB.

I'll take your word for it, Jints, that it was all in good fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

(Big Ben over Brees and Rodgers???),

I just swallowed a little pvke.

What I like about Eli the most is the expressionless lookes he comes up with. Like when he had the press conference and there was just that college student there.

Eli and co have made the plays when they had too. BB always says that n a win or a loss ..."Ther made the plays when they had to make them". I'll give Eli the sideline toss this year. A masterpiece but the Tyree helmet catch...  not so much Eli.

I would like a rule limiting the amount of stickum you can have on your helmet though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Based upon the last five years, I cannot complain about Eli being #1 or about Ben R being ranked #3.  Brady, despite his recent flawed playoff performances, is still ranked #2 -- indicative of the opinion that he's likely to get his team deep into the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaha. The fangs and claws have comeout! As for Jasom Smith...what a clown, He picks Big Bendover because "he'll win a game in -45 before those other 2 guys"? What a totally rediculous statement, as soon as Antarctica fields a team, I'll consider that stupid rationale. Also, he puts Stafford 11th, and mentions IF he replicates the season...but puts Newton 7th while admitting the small sample size? Is he having a battle of personas within this single article or what? No consistency. In all honesty jints....do you really agree? Eli over: Brees? Rodgers? Brady? Given the choice of ANY QB in the league, would Eli really be YOUR first choice? I know it's fun to jab a little, but I'm curious what you actually believe. My list, in order (for 2012 only, not accounting for long term contracts or any of that): Rodgers Brady Brees Stafford Eli Ben Peyton Rivers Romo Schaub Ryan then anyone else Eli, I'll grudgingly admit has turned into a very good QB. Last year was far and away his best, and his WR corps took a few hits this offseason, as did the running game. So we'll see.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I would take Eli over Stafford and Brees if he plays like he did last season (putting him at #3).  Stafford is injury prone and gets away with a lot of throws to Megatron (not saying the kid isn't great).  Brees is a different QB outside of the dome and benefits from excellent pass protection.  Eli has proven he can take a hit and not get rattled (see NFC Championship game from this year) and is proven in the clutch.  Obviously I would take Brady because I am a NE homer even though I think objectively that Brady taking better care of the ball gives him an edge.  Rodgers' mobility gives him the edge over Eli imo.  People are talking about Eli as a HoF candidate.  I think he has to have a few more regular seasons like this last one to guarantee it since his TD/INT ratio isn't great, but he obviously already has the requisite hardware (unfortunately...).  He has become an excellent QB.  No doubt about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd even put Rivers ahead of Big Ben. I don't feel Big Ben was the sole reason for his SB rings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from df4. Show df4's posts

I honestly thought this was some belated April Fool's joke. Nobody in their right mind would put Eli in the top ten QBs. Well, except our resident Giants troll.

I didn't read the article because I read enough childish nonsense here. I don't need to go looking for it. The fact is, this "writer" did what sports writers tend do. He wrote something outrageous, controversial and idiotic to get attention. That article may as well be a giant flashing neon sign saying "LOOK AT ME." Oldest trick in the book.

As for Gintsfan. I don't know wether he's a BDC employee that gets paid to stir the pot or someone that is so disturbed he feels compelled to come here for the sole purpose of harassing and instigating. I do find it interesting that he is now screaming his thread titles like Communist. A desperate attempt for even more attention. The sooner everyone else puts him on ignore, the better off this forum will be. I doubt he is even a Giants fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Hey Jintsfan, I am used to seeing headlines with "picks" and "Eli" in the same sentence! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

Was Eli the author? He's the only one that thinks he's in the elite top 5 QB's! I bet the arguments are fun with his brother and good ole Dad!!!!! He's such a dork, I can't think of him any other way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I read an article that said eli is in the closet. So I guess it must be true.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts