NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!

In Response to NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!:
    [QUOTE]  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8281b796/article/quarterback-rankings-eli-manning-tops-list-heading-into-2012?campaign=Facebook_writers Jason Smith is a VERY smart man!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
      Not according to the rest of the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!!:
    [QUOTE]Who cares? Eli makes plays when he has too and is bolstered by a great defensive line. No one actually believes he is better than Brady or Rodgers except Giants fans  and the NY media wh--es.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean great defensive floppers? LOL  Eli has had the advantage of playing in some close SB's, & had luck, the football, & the refs bounce his way. The so called "great escape" was a penalty filled play where the refs either choked in the spotlight or purposely didn't make the correct calls. What can you do? The game is over & everyone, including the participants, have to live with their actions.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

two SB rings and two SB MVP's

Thats HOF worthy to me. Big Ben as well. Big Ben just cause he's so hard to take down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The point of this thread is exactly what?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    One man, one opinion, doesn't make Eli #1!!  Point = Jints bragging for NY!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. We know how legit NFL.com are. Just ask Warren Sapp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I rank Eli over Rivers because he wins big games and is more mature. Rivers pads the stats against weak division opponents and does not really win the big games.   I give Rivers the nod for having guts (AFC playoff vs. Pats with knee brace), but it still seems like he wants to lead the league in chest bumps and high fives more than we wants to succeed in the playoffs. Eli flat out brings his A game nearly all the time in the playoffs and he has a great coach. Jints is right though, the Giants GMs have had great success. Tuck, JPP, Snee, Bradshaw, Cruz, Nicks etc....all great acquisitions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It pains me to say but you gotta put Eli up at number 3 or 4 imo. He has the 2nd most SB rings for active QB's and unlike the guy he is tied with(Ben) he won them both on his clutch play in the 4rth qtr.

My list goes

Brady
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Eli
    Peyton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Eli
    Peyton

This I agree with but With Eli's 2 SB MVP's and 2 wins, does he have more ammo to make the HOF then Pay-a-ton?   Eli beat the Pats 2X, Pay-a-ton beat Rex Grossman and almost didnt do that.
    The only part I have with Eli winning  *except the against us part* is the whole trade BS that Archie got involved with when he came into the league. Archie won nothing and should butt out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : STAFFORD over Eli?! Come on be serious 1. Rogers 2. Brady 3. Peyton 4. Brees 5. Big Ben/Eli (right now I can't put one over the other so I'll say tie)

I honestly believe that. I was SHOCKED Eli got the Pro Bowl nod over Stafford (yes, I know how it turned out, voting came out earlier).

Stafford has Megatron aaaaannnndddd.........

Swap them out, I think Stafford does more with the Giants than Eli, and Eli does nothing special for the Lions. That's MY opinion, I'm a big Stafford fan. He's been immensly talented and put up good numbers since he's been in the league, and finally kept his shoulder healthy for a year. Now he has an offseason to strengthen and work, not rehab and get back. Look out for 2012, Stafford, I think, will likely end the season as a Top 3 QB. That's League-wide, not NFC only.

And really, we're kind of splitting hairs, moving a guy up or down a slot or two is not a huge difference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Brady Brees Rodgers Eli Peyton This I agree with but With Eli's 2 SB MVP's and 2 wins, does he have more ammo to make the HOF then Pay-a-ton?   Eli beat the Pats 2X, Pay-a-ton beat Rex Grossman and almost didnt do that. The only part I have with Eli winning  *except the against us part* is the whole trade BS that Archie got involved with when he came into the league. Archie won nothing and should butt out.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

It was one of the most embarrassing situations in league history imo. Eli walked up on draft day with the classic Manning POUT FACE. The guy just got drafted(1st I think) in the NFL and he looked like some bully just stole his milk money. I don't care much for the Manning family but I respect the skill level and in Eli's case he is lucky to have Tom Coughlin and his old school mentality. I don't believe Eli would be where he is without a strong no nonsense coach like Coughlin.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : EEEEEEver occur to you Eli makes his receivers what they are? He won two SB's with three completely different WR's and a different TE. The only constant is him. And this idea of how great ur receivers are is overrated. QB's and especially in certain cases the system and/or the play calling make an offense great. 3 Average WR's can look great and 3 great WR's can look average without the right play calling and/or system. Who says Staffford would do so great with the Giants receivers and Eli would not flourish with the Lions? I don't know if Stafford gets rattled by the SF beating Eli took, but I know Eli didn't. But ur right we are splitting hairs.  : )

Honestly? No. When thinking about it...you could make a fairly compelling case, but his stats really took a jump this past year. Even his SB win in 07 paled in comparison to the year he just had. A win is a win though.

I've come around a lot on Eli. I probably judged him far too harshly for 3 specific reasons:

1) He's Peyton's brother. Being a Pats fan, especially when he entered the league, I disliked him simply for this.

2) The whole drafting thing. I thought it was total garbage how he and his father handled it, and I still do. He should have been greatful for being in the league. He could have tried to negotiate a 4 year deal, be professional, play it out and leave. Or get tagged and paid very well.

3) He went to a NY team.

Given those 3 things, it's been hard for me to be objective with him, but there are some plusses that I will absolutely give him credit for:

1) He is tough. Very tough. I remember that blind side steamroll he took as a rookie. He got absolutely RAGDOLLED, and I chuckled...and he got right up. And, yes, the beating he overcame in the playoffs was, in fact, impressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7DTI-kTzA - the above mentioned CRUSHING, I do believe was his rookie year. You can see him start to get right up. (Why is Jacobs around every time he gets smashed?)

2) His teammates truly believe in and like the guy. It's genuine and easy to see when they speak about or stick up for him. That speaks volumes. Many players will say it because they should, but his teammates seem to really want to go to war with this guy.

I've softened on the guy, maybe it's the little brother in me. I like him EONS more than Peyton, and that's odd considering he's stabbed me in the heart twice. You know what, S C R E W THE MANNINGS! Hahaha.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I gotta say, you're pathetic but amusing as hell...I enjoyed that! I especially love the line about having the "advantage" of playing in close SB's...do you read what you write before you hit "send"? hahahahaha

Yes, but I have to write down to your level so that you can understand. ;-) Do you really need to be reminded of how bad the officiating on Eli's "great escape" was? The facemask & the other choke hold from behind that Sports Illustrated captured on film says it all. It wasn't a miracle, no matter how hard the sell from the NY media. As for Flopgate, they got called out on it previously this past season by Greenbay. Are you saying it was just a coincidence that on 3 consecutive plays, with the Giants reeling, that they pulled that garbage? Think about it before you answer because one of the Giants players already confessed that's what one of the coaches taught them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2011/09/ex-giants-lb-says-fewell-teaches-flopping

http://floppingout.com/tag/new-york-giants/

Also during this past season:

"Two New York Giants blatantly faked injuries on Monday night to give their defense time to change personnel while the St. Louis Rams were in the red zone, pretending to be hurt to gain an advantage in a violation of all the basic principles of good sportsmanship and fair play.

And there’s not a thing the referee could do about it.

It was obvious to everyone watching that Giants defensive back Deon Grant and linebacker Jacquian Williams were faking when they flopped to the ground during the first quarter of Monday’s game (video here). The Rams had marched inside the Giants’ 10-yard line and were lining up for another play, and the Giants wanted to get their goal-line package on the field, so they took a free timeout by pretending to be hurt.

This is an unfortunate situation where the referee can see obvious cheating, but he can’t do anything. Referees aren’t doctors, so the NFL doesn’t want them to assess whether a player is really hurt or not. So referees always stop the clock if there’s a player claiming to be hurt, regardless of whether that claim is legitimate. But while there is a catchall rule on the books that allows the referee to enforce “palpably unfair acts,” the NFL would never tell referees to try to figure out whether a player is faking or not. After the game, however, it’s another story. The league office has time to review the game tape and assess what happened. And then the NFL should issue steep fines to both Grant and Williams, and to the Giants as a team, because this appeared to be a coordinated effort. That’s the best way to send a message that faking injuries won’t be tolerated."

What does Goodell do with all of this blatant cheating going on? Absolutely nothing becasue it's a NY team. Do you get it yet? I just gave you 4 games they did this during the season, & I'm betting there are more. 9-7 teams are just that for a reason. ;-)

Jints, you make this way too easy. I feel sorry for you. The Giants just did what a weaker opponent would do when faced with the fact they couldn't win fairly, & it wasn't just during the SB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Brady Brees Rodgers Eli Peyton This I agree with but With Eli's 2 SB MVP's and 2 wins, .....Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Got to have this in context.  Eli WAS NOT the MVP in SB42.  Hands down it was the Giants' defense and if the "miraculous" play didn't happen, the Giants may not have won that game.

I give Eli his props, but, the Patriots D had a big hand in those late game losses.  It is all in the history books now along with the tears of many Patriots' fans!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I got Eli 1, TB 2, and Big Ben 3.

Yes, a lot of things had to fall right for the Giants to beat us in the 2 Super Bowls, and they did.  Still, Eli had to make throws from behind, at the end, to win each game; and he did.  IMO, Peyton would have choked.

Big Ben is a winner, which is why I have him 3.  But enough of this tough talk.  Brady is as tough as anyone in the league, and much more so than Ben.  Brady had the high ankle sprain in the first SB loss to the Giants and quietly played through it.  He also had the injured shoulder in the second one.  Came real close to winning both games, too.

Rivers is a tough one; gotta respect his going out there with the torn ACL.

Rodgers is real good, but overrated.  Same with Brees; say what you want about Antarctica fielding a team, but QB's that play in a dome put up better numbers.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Need I say more?  Jason Smith's tag says this:

Jason Smith writes fantasy and other pith for NFL.com daily.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFL.COM PICKS ELI NUMBER ONE QB!! : Got to have this in context.  Eli WAS NOT the MVP in SB42.  Hands down it was the Giants' defense and if the "miraculous" play didn't happen, the Giants may not have won that game. I give Eli his props, but, the Patriots D had a big hand in those late game losses.  It is all in the history books now along with the tears of many Patriots' fans!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Couldn't the same thing be said of Tom Brady winning the SB MVP, when the Pats beat the "Greatest Show on Turf"? Wasn't the Pats' "D" the real stars of that game? Two TDs were scored by the Pats...one by the defense. Ty Law could have easily won the MVP...just as Justin Tuck was probably the better choice, over Eli.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Got to have this in context.  Eli WAS NOT the MVP in SB42.  Hands down it was the Giants' defense and if the "miraculous" play didn't happen, the Giants may not have won that game.

I give Eli his props, but, the Patriots D had a big hand in those late game losses.  It is all in the history books now along with the tears of many Patriots' fans!

I hear what you say Bill. but...  He was picked as the MVP 2X and won the SB 2X against the Pats no less. If it goes thru the Pats I'll call it legit.
    I also was going to bring up the TB MVP's as well Vrabel could have taken one of those away.
    Like it was said, mannings bro, draft thing, NY team made me biased as well. When you list tough QB's Eli and Rivers are right up there in the top 5.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Got to have this in context.  Eli WAS NOT the MVP in SB42.  Hands down it was the Giants' defense and if the "miraculous" play didn't happen, the Giants may not have won that game. I give Eli his props, but, the Patriots D had a big hand in those late game losses.  It is all in the history books now along with the tears of many Patriots' fans! I hear what you say Bill. but...  He was picked as the MVP 2X and won the SB 2X against the Pats no less. If it goes thru the Pats I'll call it legit. I also was going to bring up the TB MVP's as well Vrabel could have taken one of those away. Like it was said, mannings bro, draft thing, NY team made me biased as well. When you list tough QB's Eli and Rivers are right up there in the top 5.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    Philski... you are right, he led the Giants to wins against the Pats twice.  Did the job.  Ya just got to think as well about both games having some sort of miraculous play occur in the last couple minutes to help the Giants cause.  It is what it is!