NFL.Com Says NE Is In Position

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: NFL.Com Says NE Is In Position

This pretty much confirms all I have said. It's about Brady not the failed coach from Cleveland.

The presence of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick (token mention to keep the kool-aide drinkers from having an aneurism if he were not mentioned) make the Patriots perennial favorites to win the AFC under any circumstance. The team’s offense ( read Brady) features several veterans, so the unit shouldn’t skip a beat when camp opens up. Although their young, emerging defense will need some time to find their identity with a potential free agent or two set to come onboard, the ability to rely on a high-powered offense (read Brady will bail them out) for the first few weeks of the season should keep the Patriots ahead of the game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pats are mentioned every year as having one of the best chances if not the best chance to win it all.  By now it's just words.  Give me a playoff win before I start to get excitied about predictions. 

Not hating by any means, I expect them to be one of the best teams year in and year out so this really isn't anything for me to get excited about.  Once I see them get a playoff win under their belt then I will get excited!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The Chargers? AYFKM? The team that always starts slow is gonna jump out of the gate fast with less time? WT Fudge? That is just bone-headed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Remember when Tennessee was good?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't see how any team coached by Norv Turner is in a good position....especially when their division is no longer the worst in football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Any team with a major new coach will struggle.

I think the Pats are in a good position but I don't know how to feel about how were about to go into the season defensivley. Offenseivley I know were golden as Tom is under center. On defense most of the guys were first year guys who could have used a summer in the film room with Bill. 

I think thats my biggest gripe but these defensive guys proved to me last year that they can learn very fast and on the job so we shall be fine. Also I think guys like Cunningham, Spikes, Mayo, McCourty, Chung and maybe one more of our defensive guys (either Leigh or Ty can't decide) are going to blow up this year if things go well. 

The Colts are just in a crap state right now. The defense is still bad and likely will get worse and Peyton is actually experiencing troublesome injuries. That neck November time could become something else we all know how injuries work especially at his age.

The Saints worry me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Atlanta looks like they'll have a hell of an offense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Atlanta has a hell of an offense? Better check again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: NFL.Com Says NE Is In Position:
    Atlanta has a hell of an offense? Better check again.
    Posted by tenacioust

I have to agree with Ben on this one.  Atlanta was 5th in scoring last year, had the 3rd best rusher in the league, has a great QB/WR combo and has just added Julio Jones.  This team is on the rise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

yup.  any time a team needs to sign Alex Smith to have a reliable option at QB, trouble is on its way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats in and win the Super Bowl this year!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The team that modern day Patriots most remind me of were the Bill Walsh 49ers, both in playing style, JoeCool/Brady etc... they had some down years before another championship explosion, our Patriots have been rebuilding over the past couple seasons, eventually the rubber will meet the road, this year may be the one...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The team that modern day Patriots most remind me of were the Bill Walsh 49ers, both in playing style, JoeCool/Brady etc... they had some down years before another championship explosion, our Patriots have been rebuilding over the past couple seasons, eventually the rubber will meet the road, this year may be the one...
    Posted by wozzy

nice to see you back here, hope the potential end of the lockout and start of the season will bring back good regulars like HRK, agsbill, mbealeau, et al

tough with two lockouts

stuck typing sentence fragments to pass the time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The presence of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick (token mention to keep the kool-aide drinkers from having an aneurism if he were not mentioned) make the Patriots perennial favorites to win the AFC under any circumstance."

God you're a piece of work. All the players in the article were hyperlinked and all the coaches mentoined weren't. That's because of how the site is set up. BB being mentioned in the same sentence as Brady is intentional there and actually totally defeats your TROLLISH point, kind of like when a team can go 11-5 and almost make the playoffs when Brady is out for the year...

I hope the other readers of this forum have figured out this guy is a pro-Brady anti-BB troll. Ignore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Posted by wozzy

I really felt like this year will be running along the same lines as the 1988 49ers. Coming off a season where they had the best record in football and had one bad playoff game. They will use that game as motivation this year, and I really think they'll put it all together and win the whole thing this year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Yup, the similarities are uncanny. Walsh = BB Montana = Brady SF had back to back one and done's in 1986 and 1987, two years after they drafted Jerry Rice. That incredible 1986 draft class took two playoff losses  on the chin prior to their 1988 and 1989 title runs, and learned how to win from losing in those seasons.  In 1987, the Giants shallacked the 49ers, led by BB's D, 49-3.   I wonder if 49ers fans had irrational and enraged fans mixed in with the ones who were being patient watching Walsh work the magic? Hmmm. NE had an incredible 2010 draft class, overachieved in 2010 and their 2009 and 2010 draftees got experience in a playoff loss after a 14-2 season.   Hmm. SF's 1986 draft class: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80222fc0/Top-Ten-Draft-Classes-1986-San-Francisco-49ers
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Actually King they had 3 straight postseasons 85-87 of one and done. In 1988 there was a faction that wanted Joe Montana replaced by Steve Young at QB after Young came in and beat Minnesota during the regular season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

This pretty much confirms all I have said. It's about Brady not the failed coach from Cleveland. The presence of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick (token mention to keep the kool -aide drinkers from having an aneurism if he were not mentioned ) make the Patriots perennial favorites to win the AFC under any circumstance. The team’s offense ( read Brady ) features several veterans, so the unit shouldn’t skip a beat when camp opens up. Although their young, emerging defense will need some time to find their identity with a potential free agent or two set to come onboard, the ability to rely on a high-powered offense (read Brady will bail them out ) for the first few weeks of the season should keep the Patriots ahead of the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Well they went 11-5 the year Brady was on IR from game 1... How do you figure that one out? Belichick led cleveland to the playoffs his 2nd year.. the 3rd year and his last the word came early in the season that they were moving to baltimore the next year.. just a slight distraction i'd say.. belichick is the best coach in the NFL by far. I agree that Brady is great but he isn't the only reason for their success. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

This basically is a non story.  Any team with a solid head coach and a veteran team will have an advantage over teams with new coaches, young players who haven't learned the system yet, or teams having lots of turnovers.

So that means NE, Pitts, Indy, NO, GB, et al... The VERY SAME teams that would be considered the favorites if there was no lockout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

New England and Green Bay, solid, solid, solid, especially New England.

Saints?  No way.  Their lego blocks are scattered all over the floor this summer.  They won't re-sign many of their missing pieces in time.  Their whole division isn't that good to start with, and neither are they.  How about 8-8?

Chargers?  Two problems.  First, I have them as a 9-7 team starting out.  Second, they're in a slightly rebounding division where somebody else kept them out of the playoffs, and where Oakland at least didn't crawl away, although we should never underestimate Al Davis's ability to once again make a worm out of them in 2011.  Denver in the division is worthless too, so I guess S.D. catches a break here.  But can S.D. actually make the playoffs?

Giants?  Well, since NFL.com really likes them, I'll give them 10-6. 

On the bottom, Denver, Carolina and Arizona are shoo-ins for Oscar the Grouch's trash can and San Francisco isn't that far behind.  

Tennessee doesn't belong in the early season trash can.  The argument for "struggle" is entirely about installing a new coach and quarterback, but their new coach has been with the organization for 14 years now so don't expect a new offense in September.  Otherwise Tennessee has things to build on.  They came out of the gate 5-2 last year, with big beatdowns of Philadelphia and the Giants.  I'll assume that at least half of Tennessee's injured reserve players who helped in last September's big victories will show up by this September.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

" The presence of  Tom Brady  and Bill Belichick  (token mention to keep the kool -aide drinkers from having an aneurism if he were not mentioned ) make the Patriots perennial favorites to win the AFC under any circumstance." God you're a piece of work. All the players in the article were hyperlinked and all the coaches mentoined weren't. That's because of how the site is set up. BB being mentioned in the same sentence as Brady is intentional there and actually totally defeats your TROLLISH point, kind of like when a team can go 11-5 and almost make the playoffs when Brady is out for the year... I hope the other readers of this forum have figured out this guy is a pro-Brady anti-BB troll. Ignore.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Don't be such a whiney drama queen. I just deal with facts. The fact is the 11-5 team you try to spin as evidence of BB's prowess played a piss-ant schedule.

Get back to me with the teams out of 16 games that team played that ended up with a winning record. You are owned on this one.

Step away from the BB kool-aide.

You are just a BB worshiping troll.

Sections
Shortcuts