NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots

Holt said he wants to go a team with an elite QB in place. 

I don't know why the Patriots aren't looking at this further. This guy is perfect for the job.  He won't cost much and he still has plenty of talent.  I know he would be just another filler, but with Welker's situation in the air, Holt would be an ideal fill in. 

he can't command big money. he does not cost draft picks. he is a leader and wants to play for an elite QB. 

I just don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots

I've been trying to hype Holt to the Patriots for a while.  He's a smart receiver, a good route runner and still has enough in the tank to contribute as a #2 option for 1 or 2 years while the young guys develop.  Seems like a perfect fit.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well, remember just because we don't hear anything about the Patriots interest doesn't mean they're not interested. They keep these things away from the media as best they can.

I'd love Holt on the Patriots. He's a crisp route runner and that's what Brady needs I think.

I'm thinking they're going to wait until after the draft to see if they got the wideout(s) they wanted. After the draft, the market for these guys should open up a lot more as they're the last options before teams start going into camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think Holt could fill the #2 possesion WR role that Gaffney had back in '07.  I'm still not sold that Edelman can fill in for Welker though, and I'd like to see them address that with either G. Tate or Gilyard in the draft. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I think its the perfect fit.  He has always been known as a good guy in the NFL.  The little article did say a few teams have shown interest in him so as someone said, maybe we are interested.  However I'd like to see a real push to get him in a Patriots uniform in 2010

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It's worth a Shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tory Holt is a great receiver! I've had him on several FFT's in the past and he always gave me stout numbers. As for his availibility is he an unrestricted Free Agent or is he an RFA? No harm in BB bringing him and working him out. They already signed Patten as insurance in case Edelman can't cut it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Unlike Patten, Holt has the potential to make a productive impact on the Pats WR core.  He can certainly mentor young players and would be a viable #2 opposite Moss.  Holt is a no brainer, why he isn't signed yet is beyond me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots:
    I think Holt could fill the #2 possesion WR role that Gaffney had back in '07.  I'm still not sold that Edelman can fill in for Welker though, and I'd like to see them address that with either G. Tate or Gilyard in the draft. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

Not sold on Edelman?? In literally his first months of playing receiver in his life he put up some really solid numbers when he saw the field.  Incredible quickness and power for a guy his size.  He was just about the only guy who showed up against the Ravens (that 1st down in the 4th quarter was one of the best individual effort plays i've ever seen).  With a full year of seasoning, he should be a huge part of the offense in 2010.  This team desperately needs an outside receiver.  The slot is all set.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

YOU'D THINK THAT HOLT WOULD BE A CONSIDERATION FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON AND,FOR ALL WE KNOW, HE MAY BE.AS SOME SUGGESTED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO,PERHAPS THE PETRIOTS ARE WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE DRAFT HOLDS FOR THEM AT THE W.R. SLOT AND IF SO,LETS HOPE THEY THAT TACK IS VIABLE.BULLOCK AS A VETERAN BACK-UP IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think any such move for vet depth will be after the draft.  Either or both might be fits and valuable additions

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd love to go with Holt, but just because the Pats didn't bring him in for a workout doesn't mean they don't have an intrest in him. The Pats brought in Tim Tebow, I doubt Belichick is intrested.

I would also be intrested in signing Bulluck. 

Mayo, Sean Lee, Mckenzie, Guyton, Bulluck = great ILB corps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

at this point maybe BB is gun shy with veteran WRs after the galloway and greg lewis debacle.

culd holt work out? who knows. patten is back so maybe BB less risk with patten.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

Holt will end up in Chicago with Martz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I wouldn't be shocked if Holt ends up in a Patriots uniform. Be an upgrade over Sam My Aiken Hands.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Torry Holt might be the " best " underrated WR of all time. Id put him in the top ten list of all time receivers. He catches everything , LOL with 9 fingers. I couldnt understand why they didnt grab him last year? This team has needed a solid guy to play the X position for years. Like I said Ive been all for him since last year , but it is just a filler for the moment. Im still going to hope the PATS make the move for Marshall. I always knew the Broncos would part with him and I had/have a feeling they would do it for less than a 1. Theres no WR in the draft that even compares to him , not even close. We need WR's , Im all for signing Moss to a 3 year deal , but who knows w/ that. And Im telling you guys Welker will never be the same guy again , everybody needs to come to terms w/ that. Even if its only a year Moss/Marshall would tear up the league , even if they only have average years your stilling looking at 185/2400/22. Enough w/ the " hes a bad guy " BS , you sound like losers! None of you have every even been in the locker room let alone a NFL one. So enough w/ the " hes a bad locker room guy " , seriously how do know that , from the media? How do you know if he wants huge money? The guy is extremely underpaid for his production. If your going to pay someone why not pay a guy who is actually worth the money? Marshall is a top 5 WR in his prime who has a crazy special skill set. Forget about right now , theres not many guys EVER who has the unique talents that Marshall brings. Your talking about someone who can take a bubble screen or short slant/comeback 40-50 yards for a TD. 99% of the guys that can do that cant kill you on deep post or crossing pattern and cant beat you on a 9 route. Marshall can do all of that. Your never going to share a sandwhich and Dr. Pepper w/ the guy and hes never going to come over your house or mothers basement to watch the big game. Moss at flanker and Marshall playing X could would be the best duo in the league , easy , maybe the best ever , even if its only for a year. Not to mention Edelman in the slot , thats a ridiculous receiving corp. The most important thing being is that they could be a huge part in bringing us back to the SB!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Kurt Warner left the Rams after 2003. Marshall Faulk was either decent or a complete non-factor every year after 2003.  Here are Holt's numbers with the Rams after 2003:

St. Louis Rams16931,18912.874.3407161632
    2006St. Louis Rams16931,18812.874.267T10142672
    2005St. Louis Rams141021,33113.095.1449152632
    2004St. Louis Rams16941,37214.685.875T10214583
    Holt is a future Hall of Fame player who put up solid numbers in Jacksonville last year as well. He is known for route running and intelligence. He'd be such an upgrade over Sam Aiken that I'm embarrassed to even mention their names in the same sentence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots:
    Holt said he wants to go a team with an elite QB in place.  I don't know why the Patriots aren't looking at this further. This guy is perfect for the job.  He won't cost much and he still has plenty of talent.  I know he would be just another filler, but with Welker's situation in the air, Holt would be an ideal fill in.  he can't command big money. he does not cost draft picks. he is a leader and wants to play for an elite QB.  I just don't get it.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Holt is another patten.  slow and old, except patten may at the least be on the same page with brady when reading defenses.  Holt can still catch the ball, but you can forget about him getting any seperation.  As a 3 at the right price I would let him battle it out with patten.  Hopefully it would be for the number 4 wr spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

In Response to Re: NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots:
    In Response to NFL.com suggests Torry Holt should go to the Patriots : Holt is another patten.  slow and old, except patten may at the least be on the same page with brady when reading defenses.  Holt can still catch the ball, but you can forget about him getting any seperation.  As a 3 at the right price I would let him battle it out with patten.  Hopefully it would be for the number 4 wr spot.
    Posted by hagen910

Look at Holts numbers compared to Pattens and try saying they are the same people. Patten has been nothing since he left the Pats seasons ago while Holt has been a elite receiver the whole time till last season. Holt still had solid numbers last year for playing in a new system that's a run 1st offense. Holt is still a starting WR on most teams while Patten is a backup WR on every team. Not the same kind of player to me. Holt is also still faster than Patten as well as a better route runner. The only advantage Patten has is he played in the system before that is it.

21. This post has been removed.