NFLN's Michael Lombardi Says

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: NFLN's Michael Lombardi Says

If Lombardi says that, I believe it. He's one of the few analysts who really know what he's talking about.

Honestly though, it's what a lot of us have been saying on this forum. You go no huddle and prevent them from substituting. It keeps their D-Line rotation off the field, and their secondary can't hold up without that line. It's certainly nice to get validation from a respected guy like Michael Lombardi.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wouldnt be surprised at all to see some mysterious giants injuries during the patriots no huddle

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: NFLN's Michael Lombardi Says:
    [QUOTE]wouldnt be surprised at all to see some mysterious giants injuries during the patriots no huddle
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they're smart enough not to make it super obvious this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

"Oh, my foot.  I have a headache!"

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

But in all fairness, wouldn't you want the Pats to do it to the Giants if the roles were reversed?  I wasn't crying when Big Willie pulled it on the Colts in Indy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Hmmm I'd be okay with going No Huddle the whole game if we kept Benny in the whole time instead of subbing him out after gaining 13 yards in back to back runs. I'm fine with having woodhead in there too for the occasional draw(will work well against their rush) and on 3rd down passing situations. Get Benny 18-22 carries, woody 4-6 and MAYBE Ridley 3-5, if he's active. That'll put Tom anywhere between 30-35 passes which is the perfect mix for this offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's just a good thing the winner of the Super Bowl isn't ELECTED.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]"Owww, my vaginaaa hurts." -Rolle after Ocho burns him for 40 yards.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think we - because of Brady - are an excellent no huddle team. THe problem is if it doesn't work, we hand it over to a pretty good offense, and they in turn wear out our defense. I think a little bit of everything is going to have to be done in this and most importantly balance.

You got to think the offensive line is going to be mad as hell going into this game. How long have guys like Mankins and Light been answering questions about how they blew the 07 super bowl? We block them and we win this game....plain and simple.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]But in all fairness, wouldn't you want the Pats to do it to the Giants if the roles were reversed?  I wasn't crying when Big Willie pulled it on the Colts in Indy.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, yes. I'm not really concerned about fairness though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Alot of teams have not held up against the hurry up-Ginats will not.  Balty did somewhat because TB helped them with the INTs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I like Mike Lombardi...he was after all, BBs right hand guy for many years as he was creating the "program" as it exists.  He seems to have a good football mind. 

I think if we are NOT subbing Law Firm in and out, that will really make the Giants have to guess what's coming...and tire them out more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Speaking of good talking heads, I like Donovan McNabb every time he appears.  I never thought he was the bee's knees as a QB (over-rated), but I like him as an analyst.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

If the refs have the guts to charge a time out after a few flops during the hurry up, the joke will stop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NFLN's Michael Lombardi Says : I wonder if they're smart enough not to make it super obvious this time.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

will it matter, theres not even a penalty for this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I thought the commish said anyone caught flopping was subject to an "unsportsmanlike conduct" penalty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

[QUOTE]It's just a good thing the winner of the Super Bowl isn't ELECTED.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Lombardi has an excellent rep as an analyst.  Mike Reiss really likes his commentary.

The Giants are deservedly 29th against the pass, and #2 New England can pour it on like crazy.  They don't deserve to be slotted as the #2 passing team because the passing game took many fourth quarters off this season.  If all of those blowout games were somewhat close, Brady would have been ripping off extra yardage by the bagful all season.

New England has had all of its offensive cogs in place for a pretty long time now, a highly experienced 11 year QB/coach combo, and two weeks of prep time beyond that.  The Giants have to get all of their spare parts healthy, including a starting linebacker, a starting safety, a backup linebacker and a backup safety, all of whom weren't practicing last week.  Holes in the defense? 

If Lombardi is right that the Giants fall apart with the hurry-up then here it comes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Tommy will be pissed after his last sucky performance (his words). That won't happen two games in a row, Pats Fans.

Nor is Hoodie going to lose three straight to anybody, not even the ghost of Vince Lombardi or Paul Brown.

Giants go down big because they won't be able to cope with the Pats hurry-up offense. 

Bank it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

The hurry up will work if they are caught with the wrong personnel on the field. If they bring out their 4 D-lineman "Nascar package" and BJE is on the field that's when we hit 'em with it. Either dump it over their heads to BJE coming out of the backfield or run it right thru 'em. Plus throw in some play action quick passes and don't let off the speed. Wear them out, get a lead, and still don't let off the gas.

LEAVE NO DOUBTS !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Giants will not be able to get 4 DE's in for third and long against the Pats running the no huddle.  So much for the nascar crap.

Pats 2 tight ends are the right personnel for the run or the pass.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Giants will not be able to get 4 DE's in for third and long against the Pats running the no huddle.  So much for the nascar crap. Pats 2 tight ends are the right personnel for the run or the pass.  
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

if they stay away from subbing too much and leave bjge in, they could go to a run heavy no huddle once they earn a first down against the 4 DEs. basically nyg gets stuck with 4 DEs trying to stop the pats' power run. in theory, that works.

unfortunately, they can always fake an injury so they can sub