Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman!

I agree out strenght is in the passing game and thats what you feature but you also sprinkle in some plays that would work in short spans. You should also always try to work on your weaknesses as well.

What Ive always thought was said by Jermaine Wiggins last week. He siad as much as he would like the Pats to run more, its hard to do With Brady back there and a undrafted back. Remember when Dillon was here,. Brady had no problem defferring as he knew Corey was beast who would do something and run someone over is the blocking isnt there. If we run the ball and get nothing, we usually dont back to the run for a whole quarter.

Its what we are, but I think it only works in reg. season so far. This year I like that Gronk and Hernadez are better and can carry the load, but still need balance.

I think catching a screen pass is pretty easy. Yes, Darren Sproles would be nice and he is more explosive but any of our backs and execute the screen if the timing is right and thats the key more so than not being able to, IMO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman! : I'd settle for a Marques Colston, or Greg Jennings, or even a Mike Wallace.  Brady deserves a decent X receiver before he retires.  Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE] Agreed, and I think Colston will be a free agent. I was just saying the megastar guys aren't available. Guys like Jennings and Jordy Nelson and alot of guys are good deep and intermediate threats even though they're not in that freakishly elite athlete group.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman! : This is interesting because you are assuming that if the defense was better that the offensive gameplan would change.  I'm not so sure that would be the case, but am open to being convinced.  Why do you think that?
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure it would change either but just imagine all the extra time the offense would have if the D could get off the field on 3rd down. Their average could be up around 38 PPG or maybe even over 40

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The pats have too many injuries on the O line to be a running team first.  From what I've seen of them in the 1st quarter or even half they are lucky to get 2 yards when they come out running the ball.  They can only run the well once the passing game kicks in and the oposing teams back off of the line of scrimmage.

They are what they are a high powered Pass first football team.  They do it well.  If you want to see them run wait until next year.  For now enjoy the light show and the fireworks and confetti after the games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Nice defensive game by Julian Edelman!:
    [QUOTE]I agree out strenght is in the passing game and thats what you feature but you also sprinkle in some plays that would work in short spans. You should also always try to work on your weaknesses as well. What Ive always thought was said by Jermaine Wiggins last week. He siad as much as he would like the Pats to run more, its hard to do With Brady back there and a undrafted back. Remember when Dillon was here,. Brady had no problem defferring as he knew Corey was beast who would do something and run someone over is the blocking isnt there. If we run the ball and get nothing, we usually dont back to the run for a whole quarter. Its what we are, but I think it only works in reg. season so far. This year I like that Gronk and Hernadez are better and can carry the load, but still need balance. I think catching a screen pass is pretty easy. Yes, Darren Sproles would be nice and he is more explosive but any of our backs and execute the screen if the timing is right and thats the key more so than not being able to, IMO
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard the Wiggins quote, but it's a good one, Jay.  Exactly how I feel when I read Rusty's rants about O'Brien.  Sure, we'd all like to see the Pats run a bit more and be more diverse on offense.  But really, given the high-quality talent we have at QB and TE and slot receiver--and given the lesser-quality talent we have at running back--what would you expect O'Brien to do?  Handing the ball off to BJGE and Danny Woodhead much more (which means passing to Welker and Gronk less) is not going to help this team.  I think O'Brien mixes in the runs pretty well, actually, given the talent we've got.  If Ridley keeps playing like he's playing, we will run more, I'm sure, in the playoffs and hopefully that gives us the diversity we were lacking last year against the Jets and the year before against the Ravens.  I'd love to see Ocho get worked into the offense more too. 

All that said, with the defense we've got, we've got to score a lot and our chance of scoring is definitely increased by getting our best offensive players--Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Branch--involved as much as possible. If Ridley plays like Dillon, though, then there might really be another option.  We'll see in two weeks . . . 

Sections
Shortcuts