Nice Edelman highlight reel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Nice Edelman highlight reel

I was on youtube the other day and stumbled upon a great Edelman highlight reel. U thought you guys would appreciate it. This helps me believe that he has the ability to be just as good as Welker. Some of the cuts he makes in the clip are pretty amazing and he has an uncanny ability to shake off defenders and make guys miss.

He is going to be a star on this team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nVlRMI5Y4&playnext_from=TL&videos=5DrkH3-i0ZU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Nice Edelman highlight reel

maybe he is better with the ball in his hand but not as good at getting open. who is faster?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Edelman highlight reel:
    maybe he is better with the ball in his hand but not as good at getting open. who is faster?
    Posted by sirpinochle

I'm not sure who's faster, but he has some serious talent. That was his first season playing WR! He's only going to get better and learning from Welker will help him learn how to get open and run routes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

People wont agree with me but I think Edelman with the ball in his hands is 10x better than Welker. With Edelman you get it in his hands it has a chance of going to the house. With Welker he moves the chains and is agile but hes not taking it the house.

Welkers route running, hands, and football intelligence is off the charts. Edelmans acceleration, speed is just amazing.

Overall I wouldnt be shocked if the Pats let Welker go when his contract expires and Edelman is his replacement. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

What counts is Edelman's lateral acceleration.  Welker has tremendous lateral acceleration, but Edelman is significantly better than Welker.  He was off the charts, into record-breaking territory.  Scouts could not believe his shuttle numbers, so they ran him again, and then he got an even faster time. 

On the field he's moving and the rest of the field is just standing around.  I saw the same thing in his college reel.  Edelman is taller than Welker too.

That was last year.  Edelman got an offseason award for working out and studying.  Historically, that usually leads to a promotion in the Patriots system.  A promotion to where?

Finally, Edelman is smart for a quarterback.  Brady was publicly denigrating Edelman's quarterbacking skills in January.  Why?

Sooner or later Julian is going to grab an end-around from Brady and then he's going to pull up and hit Moss deep.  Then he's going to go under center on first and goal from the 1 with Brady on the sidelines for once, and he's either going to juke his way in or he's going to drop back and hit Alge Crumpler in the flats.  I'm not sure that Edelman can be a better short-yardage quarterback than Brady, but that's not the point.  I'd play Edelman under center twice a game just to watch the opponent's defense get completely terrified and turn into whimpering Tennessee-like mush.  Then I'd put Brady back in.  Then I'd let Hoyer mop up late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

if it wasn't for the #11 on his jersey you'd  think he's welker. BB did a great job getting this guy, i hope they can find room for Farnham too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Nice Edelman highlight reel:
    I like to think Edleman is faster straight line speed but Welker, regardless of shuttle numbers Paul, is better at lateral acceleration on a football field...ie getting seperation from DBs. Both are very good and I want some packages that gets both on the field at the same time.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

If Welker is better at getting separation because of his experience, then Edelman has come to a perfect institution for higher learning.  Edelman is mondo smart -- no one has to tell him anything twice, and he is dedicated.  In maybe one more year Edelman will learn almost everything that Welker has learned.  Then we'll see who gets more separation.  As contests go I don't care who wins because nobody loses.