Nice job by D today...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Nice job by D today...

If Buffalo hadn't had the bad snap (unforced error) and the missed FG (unforced error) it may well have been 31 points in the 1st Half.

That defense is the worst I have ever seen - Brady is a magician to win 13 with that defense.

It doesn't mean i don't root for that defense or want to see a miraculous change in that defense come playoff time.

it simply means that I have been watching the NFL for a very long time and I've never seen a worse defensive team.

When they get turnovers?  It helps.  It papers over major flaws.  Thanks to Fitzpatrick, Moore, and Tebow for coughing up turnovers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, they pretty much shut up the naysayers.

And for those who don't know it Green Bay actually has the worst defense this year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The defense was terrible at the start of the game.  They seem to have a poor game plan at the start for the last three games.  They do a great job of making the in game adjustments.  I liked seeing Chung out there.  He and McCourdy solidified the safety position.  There were two questionable calls.  The PI in the first was bad but it was typical for that play this year.  At least the defender turned his head.  The call on McCourdy was a bad call.  He was making a typical Safety play.  Hopefully during the off season some of the "iffy" calls get reviewed and the refs get trained to not make these bad call.  They need to be consistant.  Each week I see calls that should be made and others that are made that should not.  Welker gets mugged half the time and no call.  Hopefully the defense plays more like the final three quarters in the playoffs and not the first quarter.  The Bills made some good plays in the first quarter.  Some of the catches were usually misses but for some reason they fell in. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

I felt Anderson sack in 2nd quarter was the biggest play in the game because that is when momentum started to shift

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Nice job by D today...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nice job by D today... : That's a good summary of how the D plays. I just wish our offense would come out for one week like they actually practiced during the week. The D will allow 20 points or less in almost every game.  Can our offense score at least 21?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Rusty - you are a clown - just like your avatar - "this D will only give up around 20 - can the offense score that many:

1Mon, Sep 12Box Score | Play-By-Play
    2Sun, Sep 18Box Score | Play-By-Play
    3Sun, Sep 25Box Score | Play-By-Play
    4Sun, Oct 2Box Score | Play-By-Play
    5Sun, Oct 9Box Score | Play-By-Play
    6Sun, Oct 16Box Score | Play-By-Play
    7BYE WEEK
    8Sun, Oct 30Box Score | Play-By-Play
    9Sun, Nov 6Box Score | Play-By-Play
    10Sun, Nov 13Box Score | Play-By-Play
    11Mon, Nov 21Box Score | Play-By-Play
    12Sun, Nov 27Box Score | Play-By-Play
    13Sun, Dec 4Box Score | Play-By-Play
    14Sun, Dec 11Box Score | Play-By-Play
    15Sun, Dec 18Box Score | Play-By-Play
    16Sat, Dec 24Box Score | Play-By-Play
    17Sun, Jan 1Box Score | Play-By-Play
    7BYE WEEK
    7BYE WEEK
    7BYE WEEK
    17Sun, Jan 1Box Score | Play-By-Pla

1Mon, Sep 12
    Mon 9/12Miami Dolphins at Miami (0-0)W 38 - 24
    Sun 9/18San Diego Chargers San Diego (1-0)W 35 - 21
    Sun 9/25Buffalo Bills at Buffalo (2-0)L 31 - 34
    Sun 10/2Oakland Raiders at Oakland (2-1)W 31 - 19
    Sun 10/9New York Jets NY Jets (2-2)W 30 - 21
    Sun 10/16Dallas Cowboys Dallas (2-2)W 20 - 16
    Bye
    Sun 10/30Pittsburgh Steelers at Pittsburgh (5-2)L 17 - 25
    Sun 11/6New York Giants NY Giants (5-2)L 20 - 24
    Sun 11/13New York Jets at NY Jets (5-3)W 37 - 16
    Mon 11/21Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City (4-5)W 34 - 3
    Sun 11/27Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia (4-6)W 38 - 20
    Sun 12/4Indianapolis Colts Indianapolis (0-11)W 31 - 24
    Sun 12/11Washington Redskins at Washington (4-8)W 34 - 27
    Sun 12/18Denver Broncos at Denver (8-5)W 41 - 23
    Sat 12/24Miami Dolphins Miami (5-9)W 27 - 24
    Sun 1/1Buffalo Bills Buffalo (6-9)W 49 - 21

Hey Rusty - you jerk - did you happen to notice that the offense only failed to score 20 once this year? - And only failed to score 20 twice last year - including the playoffs last year?

Rusty -  you truly are ridiculous - and predictable - there is no one who doesn't read the posts on this site who didn't know that you would be here busting on the offense for today's game - and once again giving the D a complete pass -

The defense was abysmal for the 1st quarter - the offense wasn't any better - but the simple truth is the offense bailed this 2nd rate D out of the hole - again - most teams would have lost this game today - because their offense couldn't dig them out of the hole the D made

Not the Pats offense though

Rusty - how can you not see that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]If Buffalo hadn't had the bad snap (unforced error) and the missed FG (unforced error) it may well have been 31 points in the 1st Half. That defense is the worst I have ever seen - Brady is a magician to win 13 with that defense. It doesn't mean i don't root for that defense or want to see a miraculous change in that defense come playoff time. it simply means that I have been watching the NFL for a very long time and I've never seen a worse defensive team. When they get turnovers?  It helps.  It papers over major flaws.  Thanks to Fitzpatrick, Moore, and Tebow for coughing up turnovers.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

+1

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]NE is tops in the NFL in turnover differential in the last 2 seasons.  Not an accident. Also, NE was 4th in the NFL entering the day in INTs, likely shooting up to #2 or maybe #1 after today. It's beyond pathetic to continue to lie and misrepresent facts or pretend it's the QB they face that helps them get these INTs or forced fumbles, etc. Does "+1" mean "Hi, I'm ignorant and need to follow another sport"?

No Rusty - in actuality you are the embodiment of ignorance  - in your zeal to prop up the legend of Bill Belichick as a defensive genius you have incessantly tried to sell to this board the failings of the offense - specifically Tom Brady and Bill  Obrien - setting for them an impossibly high standard of performance - while at the same time tried to sell the board on the "better than the stats" performance of the defense - telling us all how the D isn't really so bad, just look at GB, NO defenses - and in the process setting for the D a practically on the ground bar as a standard of performance

The problem is Rusty - many of us do watch the games - and see what we see - which is an often abysmal defense being carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey - then bailed out by a big lead provided to them by the offense - the D then starts taking chances and creates some turnovers - which you, Rusty, then give complete credit to the D for creating - and then Rusty you offend the halls of logic by suggesting that the offense is responsible for the pizz poor play of the D by causing them to be on the field too long

Rusty - can you do everyone on this board a favor and S*T*F*U about the offense? Come here and stick up for the D if you must but leave the offense alone.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Also, don't lie like a scummy troll and say "you are giving the D a 'complete' pass". That's false. I said the D was bad in the 1st qtr allowing those 2 TDs. I am not going to blame them for a fake punt conversion and a bogus PI call on some underthrown duck when a CB has textbook coverage with a WR coming back for a ball. You should be complaining about horrendous officiating instead of pretending 14 points by the D is so offensive. Run D was good again, 4 total INTs with one INT taken away on a bogus made up call on McCourty. Finally, I also stated both sides of the ball cannot afford to come out slowly like that in 2 weeks, so I am not giving the D a pass, counselor.

Rusty - I am as big a fan of the Pats as anyone - but that call against Moulden on the first TD was legit - Moulden nearly tackled the receiver before the ball got there - if that was a Pats receiver everyone, including myself, would be howling for the call -

Now the call on McCourty was BS  - should never have been called  - but that wasn't a TD play - the Pats D had ample opportunity to stop the Bills after that call

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, you used to have some good points, but you're so far out in left field you're not even fun to argue with anymore.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

With The Saints and Packers in the playoffs it looks like only a team that can score a lot of points will win, I am actually liking our chances more. If our d is bad then gb's is a joke...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty, you used to have some good points, but you're so far out in left field you're not even fun to argue with anymore.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I agree - I truly think he and KansasPatriot exist to stir the pot and up the clicks on the site

Along with Patsfansince1966

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Good thing the Pats give up 4.6 yards a carry. They can always lean on that along with their great pass D.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from daunisdust. Show daunisdust's posts

49 points in 3 quarters

I really would love the idea of a revenge game - where a hobbled Big  Ben comes in  without Mendenhall and has to try and match Brady. All three Divisional suiters look like a good end to the bad showings of the past 3 years.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Saint's can't stop the run according to you but they are better at it than the Pats. Your a joke. First yards per carry doesn' t matter, than it's total yards etc. Pick your excuse please.